Zionism

Josheb

Hello everyone,

As you know Dispensational Premillennialism and its 19th century restorationist variants believe Israel will be reconstituted, a physical temple of stone will be built, the Levitical priesthood will be reconstituted, animal sacrifices will restart, and Jesus will come down to earth to live here on earth and rule the entire world for a literal one thousand years. Whether or not you readers subscribe to all five or only two, three, or four of those conditions, I am particularly interested in knowing which CARM members who do NOT believe in this kind of Zionism.

I don't have any problem with the existence of Israel and am not antisemitic, but I do not subscribe to this point of view. It is my hope everyone, whether Jew or Gentile, will come to a salvific knowledge of Christ.

I'm wondering if you're not a Zionist or Premillennial Dispensationalist, would mind if I PMed you about this?

Hello everyone,

As you know Dispensational Premillennialism and its 19th century restorationist variants believe Israel will be reconstituted, a physical temple of stone will be built, the Levitical priesthood will be reconstituted, animal sacrifices will restart, and Jesus will come down to earth to live here on earth and rule the entire world for a literal one thousand years. Whether or not you readers subscribe to all five or only two, three, or four of those conditions, I am particularly interested in knowing which CARM members who do NOT believe in this kind of Zionism.

I don't have any problem with the existence of Israel and am not antisemitic, but I do not subscribe to this point of view. It is my hope everyone, whether Jew or Gentile, will come to a salvific knowledge of Christ.

I'm wondering if you're not a Zionist or Premillennial Dispensationalist, would mind if I PMed you about this?

This is not quite what we believe. The Jews rejected Jesus and so his death and resurrection did not result in the reestablishment of the kingdom and led to the establishment of the church. However God has not permanently abandoned Israel and the formation of the modern state of Israel is the first step in her restoration.

Daniel 9 reveals that Satan will send a false Messiah who the Jews will receive. He will establish a seven year treaty which will allow them to rebuild their temple and resume the Levitical sacrifices. In the middle of the seven years he will end these sacrifice and demand that they worship him. This period of time is covered in detail in the book of Revelation. At the end of the seven years Jesus will return and be acknowledge by the Jews as their Messiah and he will then begin his thousand year reign on the earth.

If you want to learn more about this I recommend this site: https://www.raptureready.com/

This is not quite what we believe.............

If you want to learn more about this I recommend this site: https://www.raptureready.com/
With respect, the link provided contradicts the opening statement. I am well familiar with the Rapture Ready website and everything I posted is what Dispensational Premillennialists generally believe. You may hold somewhat differing views, but that doesn't change the historical or doctrinal facts of DPism. HERE and throughout the website it shows the expectation of the nation-state reconstituted, just as I posted. HERE the website shows their belief in a future temple, confirming what I posted. Your own link proves what I posted correct.
The Jews rejected Jesus and so his death and resurrection did not result in the reestablishment of the kingdom...
Acts 2:30 proves that position incorrect.

Acts 2:29-36
“Brothers, I may say to you with confidence about the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that he would set one of his descendants on his throne, he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption. This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing. For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he himself says, “‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.”’ Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”

Peter plainly, unambiguously states when David spoke of the oath God made about a descendant sitting on his throne He was speaking of the resurrection and His Son not seeing decay in the grave. We would not understand the oath that way if all we had was the Old Testament but we could. When God made those promises to David in 1 Samuel 8 we learn three persons would build the temple: 1) God, 2) one who would be a son of God, and 3) a descendant of David. It wouldn't be obvious to David or anyone living in Old Testament times this was about Jesus but we don't living in Old Testament times, we have the newer revelation to explain the old revelation, and we are Christians, not Jews.

More importantly, while I do appreciate your effort, I did not ask for Zionists to respond to this op.

If you're NOT a Zionist or Premillennial Dispensationalist, would mind if I PMed you about this?

Appreciate the response but the op was not intended for you. I'm hoping to speak with a few non-Zionists about something that happened recently outside of CARM.

Hello everyone,

Sure. Sure thing. You bet. PM away.

Back