Where are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
More trolling, chuckle.

Never mind bro.

I will tell this much; which did not come from me but some of the people I worked with.

They said, roughly a par·a·phrase; they look down from their highness, to look down on the people.

Were they right, is that in the book of Mormon?

Btw ... they way they said it was not a complment for the high guys on the hill.

Agree .....

Last edited:
More interesting comments:

Exodus 40:15---King James Version
15 And thou shalt anoint them, as thou didst anoint their father, that they may minister unto me in the priest's office: for their anointing shall surely be an everlasting priesthood throughout their generations.
Whose generations? Those sons of Aaron. Is their priesthood in effect now? No, because they need a temple to perform those sacrifices, for which many are in training now. If that priesthood is restored, then that would render any mormon claims to such as invalid. Oooh, now that does pose a problem, no? Why was the temple destroyed in 70 ad? Christ fulfilled the types and shadows that those sacrifices represented (at least regarding the spring feasts). Will that priesthood be reinstated in the future? For those that believe in a millennial reign of Christ as I do, then certain ordinances will be performed in the millennial temple Of Christ (Ez chs 40-48, Zech 14) . Can any gentile or convert be ordained to the Aaronic priesthood? Not likely, since they need to be in the lineage of Aaron. As far as the Melchizedek priesthood goes, some translations read after the order and similitude of Melchizedek. Unless Melchizedek was a theophany, or Christophany, then even that priesthood would be inferior to Christ's High priesthood, and despite all the illusions and claims, no mormon has the right to either of the priesthoods they claim to possess which were obtained by second sight and not a direct ordinance as was Aaron's.

Whose generations? Those sons of Aaron. Is their priesthood in effect now? No, because they need a temple to perform those sacrifices,

The LDS have a temple, Yitoz.

for which many are in training now. If that priesthood is restored,

That priesthood is restored:

D&C 13

An extract from Joseph Smith’s history recounting the ordination of the Prophet and Oliver Cowdery to the Aaronic Priesthood near Harmony, Pennsylvania, May 15, 1829. The ordination was done by the hands of an angel who announced himself as John, the same that is called John the Baptist in the New Testament. The angel explained that he was acting under the direction of Peter, James, and John, the ancient Apostles, who held the keys of the higher priesthood, which was called the Priesthood of Melchizedek. The promise was given to Joseph and Oliver that in due time this higher priesthood would be conferred upon them.

1 Upon you my fellow servants, in the name of Messiah I confer the Priesthood of Aaron, which holds the keys of the ministering of angels, and of the gospel of repentance, and of baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; and this shall never be taken again from the earth, until the sons of Levi do offer again an offering unto the Lord in righteousness.

Why was the temple destroyed in 70 ad? Christ fulfilled the types and shadows that those sacrifices represented (at least regarding the spring feasts).

But not in accordance with the temple here:

Revelation 7:13-15---King James Version
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

As far as the Melchizedek priesthood goes, some translations read after the order and similitude of Melchizedek.

Then that brings your comments here under scrutiny:

Yitoz said: The same goes for the Melchizedek priesthood. Neither were valid in the kingdom of God, but only pertained to the kingdom(s) of the false gods of mormonism.

Unless Melchizedek was a theophany, or Christophany, then even that priesthood would be inferior to Christ's High priesthood,

It WAS Christ's priesthood.

and despite all the illusions and claims, no mormon has the right to either of the priesthoods they claim to possess which were obtained by second sight and not a direct ordinance as was Aaron's.

The Melchizedek priesthood was obtained through ordination, just as the Aaronic priesthood was--through heavenly ministration. It's also a restored priesthood, through heavenly beings.

The LDS have a temple, Yitoz.

That priesthood is restored:

D&C 13

An extract from Joseph Smith’s history recounting the ordination of the Prophet and Oliver Cowdery to the Aaronic Priesthood near Harmony, Pennsylvania, May 15, 1829. The ordination was done by the hands of an angel who announced himself as John, the same that is called John the Baptist in the New Testament. The angel explained that he was acting under the direction of Peter, James, and John, the ancient Apostles, who held the keys of the higher priesthood, which was called the Priesthood of Melchizedek. The promise was given to Joseph and Oliver that in due time this higher priesthood would be conferred upon them.

1 Upon you my fellow servants, in the name of Messiah I confer the Priesthood of Aaron, which holds the keys of the ministering of angels, and of the gospel of repentance, and of baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; and this shall never be taken again from the earth, until the sons of Levi do offer again an offering unto the Lord in righteousness.

But not in accordance with the temple here:

Revelation 7:13-15---King James Version
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

Then that brings your comments here under scrutiny:

Yitoz said: The same goes for the Melchizedek priesthood. Neither were valid in the kingdom of God, but only pertained to the kingdom(s) of the false gods of mormonism.

It WAS Christ's priesthood.

The Melchizedek priesthood was obtained through ordination, just as the Aaronic priesthood was--through heavenly ministration. It's also a restored priesthood, through heavenly beings.
:love: ? ?:ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

Whose generations? Those sons of Aaron. Is their priesthood in effect now? No, because they need a temple to perform those sacrifices,
The temple did not make them priests. Performing sacrifices did not make them priests. According to that scripture, their lineage is what made them priests and as long as Levite exists, that priesthood exists.

The temple did not make them priests. Performing sacrifices did not make them priests. According to that scripture, their lineage is what made them priests and as long as Levite exists, that priesthood exists.
Mormon priests are from the linage of Levites? I never knew that.

Mormon priests are from the linage of Levites? I never knew that.
Great response and you are correct, LDS are mostly from the tribe of Ephram and not of that Lineage that has that calling to perform sacrifices.

Question: If the priesthood during Old Testament times could only be held by the tribe of Aaron, how did Lehi's descendants, who were of the tribe of Joseph, hold the priesthood?​

Both the Levitical or Aaronic priesthood and the higher Melchizedek priesthood were exercised in Old Testament times and the higher priesthood was used to offer sacrifice​

The Book of Mormon states that Lehi is from the Tribe of Joseph. However, in 1 Nephi and 2 Nephi it talks about how Lehi's descendants performed sacrifices, ordained priests, and built a temple after the manner of Solomon's temple. In the Old Testament with the Law of Moses it talks about how the Tribe of Levi were the only ones were allowed to exercise the priesthood to perform sacrifices, become priests, and work in the temple. Since we know that Book of Mormon people were subject to the Law of Moses prior to the birth of Jesus Christ, how is it that Lehi and his family were able to exercise priesthood authority?

As pertaining to the problem of Nephites and Lamanites officiating in the priesthood (Mosiah 2:3), it seems clear that the authority by which sacrifices were offered was the Melchizedek and not the Levitical priesthood.[1] That there are two priesthoods is clear in Hebrews 5:1-10 and Hebrews 7:5-28. Both the Levitical or Aaronic priesthood and the higher Melchizedek priesthood were exercised in Old Testament times and the higher priesthood was used to offer sacrifice (Heb. 7:27). Five Old Testament prophets who were apparently not Levites are mentioned in connection with the offering of sacrifices:

1. Joshua (Ephraimite) - Josh. 8:30-31; 24:30
  2. Samuel (Ephraimite) - 1 Sam. 1:1-2, 20; 2:18; 7:9-19; 11:14-15
  3. Elijah (Gad or Manassah) - 1 Kings 18:31-38; 17:1
  4. David (Judah) - 1 Chron. 16:2; Matt. 1:2-6
  5. Solomon (Judah) - 1 Kings 3:2-3; Matt. 1:2-6
The Cambridge Bible Dictionary affirms the fact that although Samuel was "not a priest he performed priestly functions and constantly offered sacrifice at various places" [2]Latter-day Saints believe that all prophets from Adam to Moses held the higher or Melchizedek priesthood [3] Until Moses, no other priesthood existed and all sacrifices offered prior to that time were done by the authority of the Melchizedek priesthood (Gen. 4:4; 8:20-21; 31:54; 46:1; Ex. 5:3, 8, 17). Since the Nephites held this priesthood, they also were empowered to offer sacrifices just as Old Testament prophets had.[4]

Figure it out...you're a clever guy.
That I am and know our doctrine and the Bible better than most Christians.

Pew Research Center Logo

Overall, the three groups that perform best in this survey are atheists and agnostics (who get an average of 20.9 out of 32 questions right), Jews (20.5 questions right on average) and Mormons (20.3 questions right). Looked at another way, 27% of Jews, 22% of atheists and agnostics, and 20% of Mormons score in the top 10% of all respondents in overall number of correct answers to religious knowledge questions, getting at least 26 questions right. As will be discussed in detail later in this report, these groups display greater religious knowledge even when education and other factors are held constant. Mormons outperform Jews as well as atheists and agnostics on questions about the Bible.

That I am and know our doctrine and the Bible better than most Christians.

Pew Research Center Logo

Overall, the three groups that perform best in this survey are atheists and agnostics (who get an average of 20.9 out of 32 questions right), Jews (20.5 questions right on average) and Mormons (20.3 questions right). Looked at another way, 27% of Jews, 22% of atheists and agnostics, and 20% of Mormons score in the top 10% of all respondents in overall number of correct answers to religious knowledge questions, getting at least 26 questions right. As will be discussed in detail later in this report, these groups display greater religious knowledge even when education and other factors are held constant. Mormons outperform Jews as well as atheists and agnostics on questions about the Bible.
That would indicate the mormons have head knowledge rather than heart knowledge.

OK, seeing how you're so informed.....why do the mormons need Jesus to be a created being...from a celestial father and mother?

Why did Jesus have to have been made a God rather than always being God?

That would indicate the mormons have head knowledge rather than heart knowledge.
You mean like the burning in the Bosom you guys deny as being heart knowledge and when we call our church a living church wherein we have Prophet and Apostles who receive revelation for the world... yea right.

OK, seeing how you're so informed.....why do the mormons need Jesus to be a created being...from a celestial father and mother?

Why did Jesus have to have been made a God rather than always being God?
Christ was always God...

Has Jesus always existed?​

The pamphlet argues that Jesus did not have a beginning, noting that "Jesus always existed." Latter-day Saints wholeheartedly embrace this doctrine; Jesus was not created by God and did not have a "beginning" (though there was a time when God created His physical body, allowing Jesus to be born as a mortal). The Latter-day Saints agree that the title "only Begotten" describes the relationship which Jesus has with God, and is something which He does not share with any other person.

Is that in the bible? i know witchcraft is mentioned in the bible
Which you just contradicted... you said heart knowledge and I stated you don't believe in the burning in the bosom even thought its in the scriptures which you guys pretend to know and understand...
Luke 24
And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Proverbs 6:27 (KJV) Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?

Chuckle and you call that witchcraft... oh my! The scriptures use witchcraft...

The pamphlet argues that Jesus did not have a beginning, noting that "Jesus always existed." Latter-day Saints wholeheartedly embrace this doctrine; Jesus was not created by God and did not have a "beginning" (though there was a time when God created His physical body, allowing Jesus to be born as a mortal). The Latter-day Saints agree that the title "only Begotten" describes the relationship which Jesus has with God, and is something which He does not share with any other person.
Then what was The pre-incarnate Jesus prior to being "born" in heaven? What does your phamphlet have to say about that?

As to "only begotten"...just what do you think monogenes actually means...After all you mormons scored higher on the bible test.

Which you just contradicted... you said heart knowledge and I stated you don't believe in the burning in the bosom even thought its in the scriptures which you guys pretend to know and understand...
Luke 24
And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Proverbs 6:27 (KJV) Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?
Personaly I would suggest you take some tums for your heart burn.

Because you find the words in the bible it doesn't mean it applies to the way the mormons apply it. I'm suggesting you removed it from the proper context.

Long time ago a mormon work friend told me to place the book of mormon on my chest...and see if my heart burned....

Is that how it works?

Then what was The pre-incarnate Jesus prior to being "born" in heaven? What does your phamphlet have to say about that?

As to "only begotten"...just what do you think monogenes (monogenesis?)
actually means...After all you mormons scored higher on the bible test.
No one is born in heaven... please provide your source...

No one is born in heaven... please provide your source...
Here:
God is not only our Ruler and Creator; He is also our Heavenly Father. All men and women are literally the sons and daughters of God. “Man, as a spirit, was begotten and born of heavenly parents, and reared to maturity in the eternal mansions of the Father, prior to coming upon the earth in a temporal [physical] body” (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Joseph F. Smith [1998], 335).

It seems I know more about mormonism than you.

But the good news is the mormons teach ...We would be resurrected; we would have all power in heaven and on earth; we would become heavenly parents and have spirit children just as He does.

Here's the question...who was God the fathers "pappy"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back