Ton of man-made, unbiblical doctrines

I probably answer more questions than most.

The thread is about the CCC.
We are discussing a passage from the catechism, you made a claim. I used an early one to show it has more than 5 per cent that is error. The errors run all the way through. You made a comment that made no sense and refuse to respond to the question asked because of that comment. You really don't answer more than most. You divert more than most.

We are discussing a passage from the catechism, you made a claim. I used an early one to show it has more than 5 per cent that is error. The errors run all the way through. You made a comment that made no sense and refuse to respond to the question asked because of that comment. You really don't answer more than most. You divert more than most.
You posted:

Here is one example from Part 1 section 1

26 We begin our profession of faith by saying: "I believe" or "We believe". Before expounding the Church's faith, as confessed in the Creed, celebrated in the liturgy and lived in observance of God's commandments and in prayer, we must first ask what "to believe" means. Faith is man's response to God, who reveals himself and gives himself to man, at the same time bringing man a superabundant light as he searches for the ultimate meaning of his life. Thus we shall consider first that search (Chapter One), then the divine Revelation by which God comes to meet man (Chapter Two), and finally the response of faith (Chapter Three).

Major mistake faith is a gift from God. Eph 2:8+ It is a gift from God nothing more, nothing less. It is not man's response to God at all. John 6:44, 1 Cor 1:26-29, John 6:29 and there are many more verses which show it is a gift from God.

I posted:

Faith is a grace

153 When St. Peter confessed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, Jesus declared to him that this revelation did not come "from flesh and blood", but from "my Father who is in heaven".24 Faith is a gift of God, a supernatural virtue infused by him. "Before this faith can be exercised, man must have the grace of God to move and assist him; he must have the interior helps of the Holy Spirit, who moves the heart and converts it to God, who opens the eyes of the mind and 'makes it easy for all to accept and believe the truth.'"25

Where is the error?

You posted:

26 We begin our profession of faith by saying: "I believe" or "We believe". Before expounding the Church's faith, as confessed in the Creed, celebrated in the liturgy and lived in observance of God's commandments and in prayer, we must first ask what "to believe" means. Faith is man's response to God, who reveals himself and gives himself to man, at the same time bringing man a superabundant light as he searches for the ultimate meaning of his life. Thus we shall consider first that search (Chapter One), then the divine Revelation by which God comes to meet man (Chapter Two), and finally the response of faith (Chapter Three).

Major mistake faith is a gift from God. Eph 2:8+ It is a gift from God nothing more, nothing less. It is not man's response to God at all. John 6:44, 1 Cor 1:26-29, John 6:29 and there are many more verses which show it is a gift from God.

I posted:

Faith is a grace

153 When St. Peter confessed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, Jesus declared to him that this revelation did not come "from flesh and blood", but from "my Father who is in heaven".24 Faith is a gift of God, a supernatural virtue infused by him. "Before this faith can be exercised, man must have the grace of God to move and assist him; he must have the interior helps of the Holy Spirit, who moves the heart and converts it to God, who opens the eyes of the mind and 'makes it easy for all to accept and believe the truth.'"25

Where is the error?
You posted in post 11

Scripture doesn't say that faith is a gift from God. You are wrong.

You posted in post 11

Scripture doesn't say that faith is a gift from God. You are wrong.
Those are not the actual words of scripture. When someone says, "scripture says" I am looking for the actual words of scripture.

So you are agreeing with the teachings of the Catholic Church on what was posted from the CCC?

Those are not the actual words of scripture. When someone says, "scripture says" I am looking for the actual words of scripture.

So you are agreeing with the teachings of the Catholic Church on what was posted from the CCC?
We have said repeatedly on here that the exact words do not need to be in Scripture, but the concept and teachings should be. But Eph. 2:8-9 does say that faith is the gift of God--in fact, full salvation itself is the "gift of God." OR is faith something that we must pay for?

But many, if not most, of the erroneous teachings of the RCC cannot even be found as concepts, not even a hint, in the Bible--like the 4 Marian dogmas, Indulgences, popes, being subject to the pope is necessary for salvation; celibate, unmarried clergy; praying to saints dead in the Lord and one would to God; etc. and etc.

You posted:

I posted:

Faith is a grace

Where is the error?
Well, 153 says faith is "a gift of God." But we do not "assist God". Faith worked in a person's heart via word and/or sacrament is all God's doing, none of our own.

Eph. 2--And you [a]were dead in your trespasses and sins, 2 in which you formerly walked according to the [c]course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. 3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, [d]indulging the desires of the flesh and of the [e]mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest. 4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead [f]in our transgressions, made us alive together [g]with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

Those who are DEAD in trespasses and sins cannot help raise themselves to new spiritual life in God, anymore than the dead whom Jesus raised up could help raise themselves to new physical life, but had to rely entirely on Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Well, 153 says faith is "a gift of God." But we do not "assist God". Faith worked in a person's heart via word and/or sacrament is all God's doing, none of our own.

Those who are DEAD in trespasses and sins cannot help raise themselves to new spiritual life in God, anymore than the dead whom Jesus raised up could not help raise themselves to new physical life, but had to rely entirely on Jesus Christ.

Were does the CCC in that passage say the we "assist God"?

Back