DEBATE: Is prayer to Mary & the saints worship?

Do we have the authority to search the scriptures for ourselves and interpret them?
Bonnie (a real believer) has so much more than your pope and his cronies who are evil and have no authority whatsoever. You sprouting off about the need for some authority is just rubbish, as you can never prove they have any authority whatsoever. Evil leaders have no authority.

Do we have the authority to search the scriptures for ourselves and interpret them?
Bonnie (a real believer) has so much more than your pope and his cronies who are evil and have no authority whatsoever. You sprouting off about the need for some authority is just rubbish, as you can never prove they have any authority whatsoever. Evil leaders have no authority.

sorry I don't know why this repeated. It has happened a few times I noticed I posted and then there is another one which looks like I haven't posted. I went and this one showed up and I thought I must not have posted it. Sorry.

sorry I don't know why this repeated. It has happened a few times I noticed I posted and then there is another one which looks like I haven't posted. I went and this one showed up and I thought I must not have posted it. Sorry.
Bonnie the "real believer" believes in the Real Presence.
Oh, and she believes that baptism is salvific.
Can we believe in that too then?

Bonnie the "real believer" believes in the Real Presence.

But not the same way the RCC does.
Oh, and she believes that baptism is salvific.

Yes, but also that it is not absolutely necessary for salvation, if the person has faith but is unable to get baptized before death, or is prevented from doing so.
Can we believe in that too then?
Sure--but you would need to believe as I do. :)

Now, this forum is not about me and what I believe, or my church. It is about the RCC and its teachings. Let's get back to that, shall we?

My argument is that when Catholics use the term "prayer" they mean it more broadly.

That does not make it true.
They do not mean it in the narrow sense that Scripture uses the term.

Oh, that explains it...once again, you prefer your church's usage and meaning of a word, over how actual SCRIPTURE uses it...gotcha.
Regardless, where does Scripture tell us that Greek linguistic analysis is what determines the absolute meaning of a passage?
Words have meaning. We cannot just assign whatever meaning we like to Biblical words, to make them conform to what we want them to mean, rather than what they actually mean. That is patently dishonest.

I have authority to check scripture for myself and determine who is correct?

No we don't.

There is nothing wrong with that. We and they are part of the Mystical Body of Christ. We pray with and for each other.
prove you don't. What is wrong is it is against God's commandments to communicate with the dead. Prayer according to RCs is not worship but communicating.

I have asked and clearly asked what is the difference between what you do for God and for your saints. RCs seem unable to answer that question, is it because they themselves do not know how it is different?

Words have meaning. We cannot just assign whatever meaning we like to Biblical words, to make them conform to what we want them to mean, rather than what they actually mean. That is patently dishonest.
I did not say "Words have no meaning" nor did I say "We can just assign words meaning."

I asked where Scripture teaches that the specific science of linguistic analysis teaches that this gives the absolute meaning of the passage.

Also, while we are on the subject, what happens when Greek scholars disagree on how a word should be rendered? What does Scripture teach about that?

I did not say "Words have no meaning" nor did I say "We can just assign words meaning."

I asked where Scripture teaches that the specific science of linguistic analysis teaches that this gives the absolute meaning of the passage.

Also, while we are on the subject, what happens when Greek scholars disagree on how a word should be rendered? What does Scripture teach about that?
You are just arguing for the sake of it. If you were being honest and not trying to be......you would not even have brought it up because you would use Greek meanings of words. I mean you have done theology courses.

This just shows that you cannot defend the false doctrines and beliefs of the RCC and have to resort to diverting and just plain stupid arguments.

it doesn't

what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Back