The origins of the RC Denomination?

I did reference Isaiah 22 and it does refute your post.
Again, you quoted part of Matt 16:18 (of course you didn't give chapter and verse). You wrote Isaiah 22 (that's a whole chapter with no reference to which verse/s) was being referenced.) You were wrong. What part verse/s of Isaiah Chapter 22 reference Matt 16:18? So you are refuted.
So Jesus established the office of Prime Minister for his kingdom and what we expect is what we actually see in history
Wrong. Maybe you want to read Isaiah 22 and actually read what happened to this office of 'Prime Minister'.
- a lineage of Prime Ministers holding that office.
Maybe you want to read Isaiah 22 and actually read what happened to your first 'Prime Minister' (hint: lineage ends)
A simple search will show a lineage of Popes from the current one all the way back to Peter.
Nope. Broken and corrupt.
Your post has been easily refuted.
Your post has been easily refuted.

So you have tried to steer this thread away from the actual topic. (I understand why)
If you want to continue this down this road, start your own thread.

Now do you want to actually address the thread?

(Again, I get why you are avoiding the article. The history of the rc denomination is ugly. The truth can be unbearable when it destroys the foundation of what one believes. For a member of the rc denomination, the true history (not the rc version) of the rc denomination is devastating and the defense/avoidance measures kick in. I was in your shoes, I know.)

Oops! So sorry Mik!
My retort to the response which said: "SMH. About what I expected." - was directed at ding and his response.

Thank you for catching my error and bringing it to my attention! God bless you Mik, and your ministry here.
I figured that. May God bless you and all efforts here to present the Truth to those who are here to defend the rc denomination.

Almost. Christ's universal Church (The word catholic (derived via Late Latin catholicus, from the Greek adjective καθολικός katholikos 'universal') comes from the Greek phrase καθόλου katholou ') Church.
You are almost there..... go to Acts

I get why you are avoiding the article.
Actually I did not avoid the article. I directly disproved one of the claims, and I posted this before, but perhaps you missed it so I will do it again with some elaboration.

The OP article states:
"The first clear hints of Catholic Mariology occur in the writings of Origen."

But........
Origen lived from 185 AD to 254 AD. He could not have been the first to write about any of those troublesome Mariology doctrines, for we have St. Irenaeus of Lyons (died c 203 AD, when Origen was only a teenager). St. Iraneaus is consided in Church history to be the Father of Mariology, writing about Mary as the "New Eve" (contrasting Eve's disobedience with Mary's obedience) he wrote:

As Eve was seduced by the word of an angel and so fled from God after disobeying his word, Mary in her turn was given the good news by the word of an angel, and bore God in obedience to his word.

Thus we have an earlier clear indication of calling Mary the "Mother of God" - one of those troublesome Marian doctrines.

We even have the writings of Justin Martyr (died 165 AD , before Origen was even born) who compared the Eve/Mary parallelism with the Adam/Christ parallelism. One cannot fail to see the beginnings of Mariology in that.

So the OP claim about Origen being the "origin" of Mariology is fully disproven.

Actually I did not avoid the article. I directly disproved one of the claims, and I posted this before, but perhaps you missed it so I will do it again with some elaboration.

The OP article states:
"The first clear hints of Catholic Mariology occur in the writings of Origen."

But........
Origen lived from 185 AD to 254 AD. He could not have been the first to write about any of those troublesome Mariology doctrines, for we have St. Irenaeus of Lyons (died c 203 AD, when Origen was only a teenager). St. Iraneaus is consided in Church history to be the Father of Mariology, writing about Mary as the "New Eve" (contrasting Eve's disobedience with Mary's obedience) he wrote:

As Eve was seduced by the word of an angel and so fled from God after disobeying his word, Mary in her turn was given the good news by the word of an angel, and bore God in obedience to his word.

Thus we have an earlier clear indication of calling Mary the "Mother of God" - one of those troublesome Marian doctrines.

We even have the writings of Justin Martyr (died 165 AD , before Origen was even born) who compared the Eve/Mary parallelism with the Adam/Christ parallelism. One cannot fail to see the beginnings of Mariology in that.

So the OP claim about Origen being the "origin" of Mariology is fully disproven.
Refuted nothing that the article provided about Mother of God .

You are almost there..... go to Acts
You are almost there...Turn to Christ and the true Gospel (not the other Gospel of Rome).

Now can we get back to the op?
Now do you want to actually address the thread?

(Again, I get why you are avoiding the article. The history of the rc denomination is ugly. The truth can be unbearable when it destroys the foundation of what one believes. For a member of the rc denomination, the true history (not the rc version) of the rc denomination is devastating and the defense/avoidance measures kick in. I was in your shoes, I know.)

Last edited:
Back