John 5:19 - Is Jesus limited to what the Father does?

Yes, Messiah hasn't come yet.
According to Daniel nine He has. I have told you this before. After the Anointed One is killed, Jerusalem is destroyed again. That happened in 70AD after Jesus was killed. After that there is no Messiah appearing in scripture until the judgment.

According to Daniel nine He has. I have told you this before. After the Anointed One is killed, Jerusalem is destroyed again.
Anointed is a general term used of priests, altars, kings, Cyrus the, patriarchs and Israel.

There are two anointed in Daniel 9. One after the first 7 weeks, and one after 62 weeks.

That happened in 70AD after Jesus was killed. After that there is no Messiah appearing in scripture until the judgment.
See above. The fact that Zechariah 12:8, 12, calls out the house of David and their wives, shows there will be more anointed ones.

You're quoting the NT on this, right?

Then there are things that are impossible. God's nature isn't physical. Holy means separate. ;)

Thank you for debunking your position. ;)
If God says nothing is impossible to Him, He's God and I am not going to argue with Him.

Anointed is a general term used of priests, altars, kings, Cyrus the, patriarchs and Israel.

There are two anointed in Daniel 9. One after the first 7 weeks, and one after 62 weeks.

See above. The fact that Zechariah 12:8, 12, calls out the house of David and their wives, shows there will be more anointed ones.
Read the text. The Anointed One is killed and after that there is no other messiah showing up in scripture. Jesus was killed and the temple was destroyed which fulfills Daniel's prophecy.

Read the text. The Anointed One is killed and after that there is no other messiah showing up in scripture. Jesus was killed and the temple was destroyed which fulfills Daniel's prophecy.
Jesus wasn't anointed as king, anywhere.

When you get a chance answer Post in thread 'God wanted human sacrifices for atonement of sin?' https://forums.carm.org/threads/god-wanted-human-sacrifices-for-atonement-of-sin.10667/post-1045603.
Thank you for the reminder.

Are you afraid to answer the question below?

Just to be sure I understand one's logic, does one believe that when the Law states (https://biblehub.com/text/exodus/34-21.htm), that is what needs to be obeyed? (i.e. not five days, not four days, etc.) (i.e. always by the letter of the law, always six days)

It's not a trick question for those who truly believe in God.

In Messiah’s (Christ’s) service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
Bringing Christian harmony to all the world

Thank you for the reminder.

Are you afraid to answer the question below?
I wasn't asked the question below.

Just to be sure I understand one's logic, does one believe that when the Law states (https://biblehub.com/text/exodus/34-21.htm), that is what needs to be obeyed? (i.e. not five days, not four days, etc.) (i.e. always by the letter of the law, always six days)
It means work is limited to six secular days. One day is holy, separated.

It's not a trick question for those who truly believe in God.
Kinda like your debacle with the previous Passover questions? ;)

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
In the true God's service.

The text says to rest. That means refrain from your regular work.
No, the text does not say that. YOU are saying that. You are essentially creating your own oral law.
It doesn't mean you can't swim for recreation or rub anything. The Rabbis used "oral Law" as a means to bring people into bondage and go beyond what the law requires. Jesus came when he did because the Rabbis were adding to God's law and bringing them into bondage which violates the principle of the law as Jesus showed them.
No, the Rabbis weren't conspiring to bring people into bondage. That is just antisemitic bigotry on your part. Actually, the rabbis of the school of Hillel went out of their way to interpret the law in ways that would make it easier to keep them, not harder.

It follows then, that any interpretation or application from Oral Torah that is mistaken (i.e. wrong), would consequently lead followers of that interpretation or application, into disobedience. Correct?

For example, just to be sure I understand one's logic, does one believe that when the Law states (https://biblehub.com/text/exodus/34-21.htm), that is what needs to be obeyed? (i.e. not five days, not four days, etc.) (i.e. always by the letter of the law, always six days)

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
If the Law has been interpreted by the Levites and Rabbis, then whatever their interpretation is IS the correct interpretation, thus, following it means you are not being disobedient.

The text says to rest. That means refrain from your regular work. It doesn't mean you can't swim for recreation or rub anything. The Rabbis used "oral Law" as a means to bring people into bondage and go beyond what the law requires. Jesus came when he did because the Rabbis were adding to God's law and bringing them into bondage which violates the principle of the law as Jesus showed them.
Isaiah 58:13
If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the LORD’s holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words...

Isaiah 58:13
If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the LORD’s holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words...
The Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath. The commandment is to rest.

No, the text does not say that. YOU are saying that. You are essentially creating your own oral law.

No, the Rabbis weren't conspiring to bring people into bondage. That is just antisemitic bigotry on your part. Actually, the rabbis of the school of Hillel went out of their way to interpret the law in ways that would make it easier to keep them, not harder.
The original commandment is to stay home and rest. Read Matthew 23. Jesus was reprimanding the Pharisees for replacing God's law with their own traditions.

Back