Prayer for the lost

Of course we believe the Bible.
We simply don't believer YOUR MISINTERPRETATION of the Bible.
Do you not understand the difference?
Do you not understand that you're not infallible?
You failed to show any misinterpretation

typical bald denials and bald affirmations

So does the Bible.
Go figure!
Why do you want us to reject the Bible?
afraid not

James 1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.

1John 2:16 For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.

Jer. 32:35 They built the high places of Baal in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to offer up their sons and daughters to Molech, though I did not command them, nor did it enter into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

Is. 30:1 “Ah, stubborn children,” declares the LORD,
“who carry out a plan, but not mine,
and who make an alliance, but not of my Spirit,
that they may add sin to sin;

Gal. 5:7 You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion is not from him who calls you.

1Cor. 14:33 For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.

1Cor. 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

you already deny the bible

It helps conform our will to God's.
It increaes our relationship with our Father.
It reminds us of our completely dependence on our Creator.

Yes, that's what Scripture teaches.
What's your point?
Would you prefer that we reject Scripture?
Er that is not what scriptures teaches

There is no verse in the bible stating that and rthe idea is contrary to a number of verses

James 1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.

1John 2:16 For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.

Jer. 32:35 They built the high places of Baal in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to offer up their sons and daughters to Molech, though I did not command them, nor did it enter into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

Is. 30:1 “Ah, stubborn children,” declares the LORD,
“who carry out a plan, but not mine,
and who make an alliance, but not of my Spirit,
that they may add sin to sin;

Gal. 5:7 You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion is not from him who calls you.

1Cor. 14:33 For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.

1Cor. 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

I often wondered how constructive a conversation might be if each side of an argument would stop insisting that God is on their side.......

Actually it was the teachings of John Calvin that convinced you

Bearing false witness is a sin, just so you know.
But thank you for proving my point that you are simply destroying your own credibility, and you can't defend your own false teachings, so you have to resort to MISREPRESENTING Calvinists.

I was a rabid anti-Calvinist when my constant reading of the Bible convinced me of the truth of the doctines I later discovered were nicknamed "Calvinism". I hadn't even READ anything by Calvin when the BIBLE convinced me that Calvinism was true, so it cannot possibly be true that "it was the teachings of John Calvin that convinced' me.

The ONLY way your statement could be true is if you are willing to admit that the Bible teaches the same teachings as "the teachings of John Calvin".
Are you willing to admit this?
Or are you instead willing to apologize to me for MISREPRESENTING me?

Examples from Jesus

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Jesus prayed for something that He knew the Father would provide.

Mat 26:39 And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Jesus prayed for something He knew wouldn't happen.

Are there any conclusion we can draw from this....

Bearing false witness is a sin, just so you know.
So don't do it

But thank you for proving my point that you are simply destroying your own credibility, and you can't defend your own false teachings, so you have to resort to MISREPRESENTING Calvinists.
laughable as there are many ops refuting your theology on the board for which you have no answer

scripture

Not entirely. You have to admit that. I do as well. I've spent decades unraveling and rejecting things I was taught early in my Christian life. I still seek to know where I'm wrong. I don't claim "God" is on my side....... I let Him prove it.

Not entirely. You have to admit that. I do as well. I've spent decades unraveling and rejecting things I was taught early in my Christian life. I still seek to know where I'm wrong. I don't claim "God" is on my side....... I let Him prove it.
spent decades as well affirmed some things and rejected some

Maybe you have been “ brainwashed “ and not squirrelguy. tulip is brainwashed man made theology and not the gospel as some have falsely claimed

Thank you for proving my point, that you are simply destroying your credibility, and since you can't defend your false teachings you have to resort to worthless rhetoric such as, "I know you are but what am I?" tactics.

SquirrelyGuy claimed he believed that the gospel message had to be repeated over and over to unbelievers, as many times as possible, to get them to accept the message. That is the textbook definition of "brainwashing". However, I don't believe that it needs to be repeated 20 million times to an unbeliever. In fact, I reject that notion. So your false accusation of "brainwashing" is bankrupt. You are only serving to destroy your own credibility.

In fact, since I came to believe Calvinism by simply reading the BIBLE, the only way your false accusation of me being "brainwashed' could possibly be true is if you are willing to admit that the doctrines of grace (ie. "Calvinism") are taught over and over in the Bible.

Are you willing to admit this?

I often wondered how constructive a conversation might be if each side of an argument would stop insisting that God is on their side.......

I have often wondered how constructive a conversation might be if their side would cease all the worthless rhetoric of:
"You're wrong!"
"You're rejecting Scripture!"
"You're running away!"
"You're dodging!"
"Dodge Truck!"
"Dodgedy dodge dodge!"
"Under a stronghold"!
"Wearing Calvinist-coloured glasses!"
"Following John Calvin!"

In short, I wonder what conversation could look like if the anti-Calvinists would actually act like Christians.

I have often wondered how constructive a conversation might be if their side would cease all the worthless rhetoric of:
"You're wrong!"
"You're running away!"
"You're dodging!"
"Dodge Truck!"
"Dodgedy dodge dodge!"
"Under a stronghold"!
"Following John Calvin!"

I can agree with most of what you wrote... :)

"You're wrong!"
"You're running away!"
"You're dodging!"
"Dodge Truck!"
"Dodgedy dodge dodge!"
"Under a stronghold"!
"Following John Calvin!"

In short, I wonder what conversation could look like if the anti-Calvinists would actually act like Christians.
I have often wondered how constructive a conversation might be if you actually engaged instead of running away when the going got though and offered more than bald denials

Back