The Blind Leading the Blind - Matthew 16:18

The atheists in the atheists forum bring them up for us. E.g.
How did Judas die?

He hung himself:
and when the rope broke he fell and burst

Who reached the tomb first on that Sunday?

"Given these facts, it is clear that the gospels are actually in complete harmony on this matter. One author might have known more names than another. One author may have had a specific reason for emphasizing one particular woman over the others. These are issues of mere specificity. The fact of the matter is that there is no conflict between these verses at all. They are all communicating the same thing! Far from an example of a contradiction, this is actually a minor example of the gospels reporting the same event in slightly different ways without any disagreement at all."

This is the sad state of Catholic apologetics;
trying to prove Scripture is in error; while claiming their Church is error-free.

Last edited:
He hung himself:
and when the rope broke he fell and burst

"Given these facts, it is clear that the gospels are actually in complete harmony on this matter. One author might have known more names than another. One author may have had a specific reason for emphasizing one particular woman over the others. These are issues of mere specificity. The fact of the matter is that there is no conflict between these verses at all. They are all communicating the same thing! Far from an example of a contradiction, this is actually a minor example of the gospels reporting the same event in slightly different ways without any disagreement at all."
Share that in the atheists forum and see how far you get with it.

Get so we can say with confidence that Jesus was establishing the office of Prime Minister in Matthew 16.

keep digging that hole
and if you are right:
then I can question the "correctness" of any verse in Scripture

including your beloved verses in James and your go-to Prime Minister verse
Not digging a hole. The truth is what matters.

I am not going to mold the facts to fit my beliefs, but rather mold to my beliefs to fit the facts.

The question should be how many years was it from when the Israelites left Egypt to the 4th year of Solomon's reign?

I notice that Catholics appear to have no problems with questioning the integrity of the Scriptures but will defend every jot and tittle of their own "tradition."

"Traditions" they can neither enumerate or source.

LOL.

As we see, Catholics are hell bent on casting doubt on the Word of God. They have to. It is the only way they can remain Catholic. I have been hearing this stuff in the RCC even when I was still a Catholic.

"Traditions" they can neither enumerate or source.

LOL.

As we see, Catholics are hell bent on casting doubt on the Word of God. They have to. It is the only way they can remain Catholic. I have been hearing this stuff in the RCC even when I was still a Catholic.
You are so spot on. Why is there a need among RCs to toss the word of God under the bus, it does not make their case for them at all. In fact, it could be considered blasphemy and showing disrespect for God.

Not digging a hole. The truth is what matters.

I am not going to mold the facts to fit my beliefs, but rather mold to my beliefs to fit the facts.

The question should be how many years was it from when the Israelites left Egypt to the 4th year of Solomon's reign?
That is exactly what you do, we have seen your logic when making your personal interpretations of God's word.

Why is there a need among RCs to toss the word of God under the bus, it does not make their case for them at all.

There is such a deep loathing in the Catholic Church for anything and anyone that proves they are wrong.

In fact, it could be considered blasphemy and showing disrespect for God.

We are talking about people that worship inanimate objects. Belittling Scripture is nothing for them.

Here is another error.

I Kings 6:1, "In the four hundred and eigthtieth year after the Israelites came out of the land of Egypt, in the fourth year of Solomon's reign over Israel....

There are nCCs who have added up the years from when the Israelites left Egypt to the fourth year of Solomon's reign and it is more than 480 years.
Name them. Are the scriptures wrong?

If the 4 Gospels had agreed on every little detail, then people would be screaming, "Collusion!"

I remember reading about this. The 4 Gospel witnesses are like several people who all witnessed the same thing and are telling others of what they saw. One person provides one detail, another provides another detail. The witnesses provide the same information on some details, but different details about other parts of what they saw. But when taken all together, the details all the eye witnesses gave show a complete picture.

Simple.
Everyone is making great points supporting the scriptures are right. You point is very valid. Also, sometimes the writers are making a different spiritual point.

There are errors in scripture. Scripture does contradict itself in places.
So you show you don't trust God but you think evil men are more reliable than God with this post. Yet you claim that your popes are in the word of God that you cannot trust? So how do you choose what verses are correct and what are not to be trusted? Do you have a list?

Back