SCC v. COJCOLDS Settlement agreement

Well since you so knowledgable I can assume that is your own investment policy... you should be doing great, but you said the other day both you and I are poor... chuckle.

That is weak. Now that the church was forced to fill out the 13f form correctly in late 2019. Anyone can see what EPA is investing in and calculating their returns. The WM did just that, and for all the monies the church invested, they are in line with the S&P 500. They spend a lot of overhead to keep away from certain sin stocks, which probably because of that overhead, it put them under the S&P500.

Confidentiality (Private Privilege) by those who were chosen by God to be shepherds (Spiritual Care) of His Kingdom here on earth...
So, the church leaders are not accountable? They have private privilege. I will remember those words.

Above you just got done telling me "The last time I checked" what did you check if it is confidential?

The church responds:

The Church believes in being financially responsible by carefully ensuring it has adequate resources available to fulfill its divinely appointed responsibilities. To Church members who support the work of salvation through living the gospel of Jesus Christ, caring for those in need, inviting all to receive the gospel and uniting families for eternity, we’ll continue to move forward consistent with the gospel of Jesus Christ which makes this world a better place.
It’s unfortunate ‘60 Minutes’ sought to elevate a story based on unfounded allegations by a former employee who has a different view on how the Church should manage its resources.

That is not what I asked you...what were they fined for? It is in the order the church agreed to sign.

What were the unfounded allegations by a former employee? They are in the order, and on the broadcast?

Christ Storehouse is His and He can do with it as He pleases...so you disagree with God and this verse, if so how do you read and interpret it?

Bible:
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts
The storehouse was to feed people. Christ told us what to do with it. He was emphatic about taking care of those in need. That is what pleases Him. That’s how we keep His commandments and show love for God.

Do you disagree with Him?

The storehouse was to feed people. Christ told us what to do with it. He was emphatic about taking care of those in need. That is what pleases Him. That’s how we keep His commandments and show love for God.

Do you disagree with Him?
Bring all your tithes to wall street is the LDS way it seems. It is a corporation, in regard to investments.

My point overall is that you created a straw-man, or maybe better stated an excuse for the church to invest monies into the stock market instead of clothing the naked, feed the hungry, giving water to the thirst etc.
I also stated many times its God's Storehouse, not mine, not the members, not the leadership but for God use and purpose as directed by His Son.

Your opinion is that the church owes only the gospel, and teaching people to be self-sufficient...correct?
Never made a definitive claim that encompasses all of the storehouse usage .... We help many in our Ward, food is usually given for 90 days to help them get back on their feet, if we give more then that I could work out that were only enabling them to continue to use the Church strictly for their own purposes..... we help others an set goals which means we also help them to be self sufficient, Gods plan even in the scriptures (bible)

One at a time...

You would have used nonprofit funds, to bail out a for profit business?

Yep! as I stated it save the Co. and also the policy holders... and the Insurance Co. has just about paid back the loan it was given... look it up if you don't believe me...

What was the total costs of the mall, including dirt and consultant fees, and what is the amount of revenue brought in each year, after expenses, maintenance, and upkeep?
I have no idea, but for some reason we have 150 billion dollars in savings and investments. Common sense is that the Church does not lose money, they make money... chuckle.

No, you just looked, those are the numbers given by the WM. if I am mistaken, where did you look last to get that data?

I don't have the data, Markk.

Over the past 20 years, out of tithing, how much does the church give to humanitarian aid? Also, how does the church calculate the aid costs? Do the project hourly costs for volunteer help and state that is aid?

Have no idea, last year I believe a Billion dollars was given to humanitarian aid.

$1 billion

The Church's new 2022 annual report on caring for those in need shows that this work included more than $1 billion in expenditures, 6.3 million hours volunteered and 3,692 humanitarian projects in 190 countries and territories.Mar 22, 2023

How the Church of Jesus Christ Cared for Those in Need in ...​

How do you know any of what you wrote in the above post...quote your source of information Ralf.
Sorry, no can do....most of it is classified as confidential

Yep! as I stated it save the Co. and also the policy holders... and the Insurance Co. has just about paid back the loan it was given... look it up if you don't believe me...
Focus, the issue is as whether it is legal or not Ralf. The church did not pay taxes on the monies they either gave to or loaned their own (church owned) for-profit business.

Yes, Ralf they saved for-profit company, with nonprofit tax-free funds. This is a very gray area.

I have no idea, but for some reason we have 150 billion dollars in savings and investments. Common sense is that the Church does not lose money, they make money... chuckle.
LOL...you mean the corporation of TCOJCOLDS?

Ralf you wrote..." The Mall was a investment, a smart investment that is bring in revenue... ," Now you say you have no idea? Which is it?
I don't have the data, Markk.
You said the last time you looked...what did you look at? Now you say you don't have the data...?

Have no idea, last year I believe a Billion dollars was given to humanitarian aid.

$1 billion

The Church's new 2022 annual report on caring for those in need shows that this work included more than $1 billion in expenditures, 6.3 million hours volunteered and 3,692 humanitarian projects in 190 countries and territories.Mar 22, 2023
The again you don't know, I gave you a link awhile back...you did not look at it?

Of the 6.3 million hours volunteered...how much per hour of the free hours, did the church corporate into the 1 billion? (I believe it was less than 1 billion, but close enough).

Keep in mind Bill Gates gave 15 billion in 22.

The 20 years before 22, the church gave a lot less, I need to go back and lool, but I believe it was in the 90 million a year range. I look for those numbers when I get a chance.

Sorry, no can do....most of it is classified as confidential
So, you don't have any idea if what you say is true or not. Correct?

I also stated many times its God's Storehouse, not mine, not the members, not the leadership but for God use and purpose as directed by His Son.
So, Jesus is investing and gambling tithing funds in WallStreet?

NIce Ralf.

Never made a definitive claim that encompasses all of the storehouse usage .... We help many in our Ward, food is usually given for 90 days to help them get back on their feet, if we give more then that I could work out that were only enabling them to continue to use the Church strictly for their own purposes..... we help others an set goals which means we also help them to be self-sufficient, Gods plan even in the scriptures (bible)

That is non-sense. One thing I know from the years I spent working with homeless, is that there are many that will never ever get on their feet for several reasons. You have a warped view of people in-need.

And again, how about a Childrens hospital or two. Would you be opposed to that? Maybe just commit a few billion a year to St. Judes or Shriners?

You just don't get it.

Bring all your tithes to wall street is the LDS way it seems. It is a corporation, in regard to investments.
Right. ‘Pay your tithing to the “Lord’s storehouse.” And God will do whatever he wants with it.‘

Didn't know God played the stock market.

Oh, and on top of your 10%, pay extra for fast offerings and humanitarian aid, so we can look like we’re helping people. Stomp that mud, make those bricks, collect that straw.

One way to look at it, or bring all you tithing to God's Storehouse... hmm
Focus, the issue is as whether it is legal or not Ralf. The church did not pay taxes on the monies they either gave to or loaned their own (church owned) for-profit business.
Yes that might just be the issue, hopefully the payment or fine will calm the tax collectors down... I know you love paying taxes.. chuckle.

Yes, Ralf they saved for-profit company, with nonprofit tax-free funds. This is a very gray area.
Yes indeed, we have been saying that for ever, Congress just keep kicking the can down the road. Lets just get over this progressive tax burden and have a consumption tax or something which will cut down our deficit .... 32 trillion dollars of pure corruption...

LOL...you mean the corporation of TCOJCOLDS?

Why is that so funny, the Church or Corporation is years ahead of our own governments tax and spend foolery...
Instead of fining us, they ought to sit down with our Leaders and learn Government self reliance... chuckle.
Ralf you wrote..." The Mall was a investment, a smart investment that is bring in revenue... ," Now you say you have no idea? Which is it?

Then I stated use your common sense, the Church seems to be on the road to prosperity... hmm .... God's Storehouse seems to be blessed with a Church Membership who keeps the law of tithing and good things are following...

You said the last time you looked...what did you look at? Now you say you don't have the data...?
Take that back and I will just state I don't have the data... period ...

The again you don't know, I gave you a link awhile back...you did not look at it?

Link? was it a Church or BYU link... hmm ... be careful.

Of the 6.3 million hours volunteered...how much per hour of the free hours, did the church corporate into the 1 billion? (I believe it was less than 1 billion, but close enough).

Give or take a million, LOL... that's a lot of good Markk...

Keep in mind Bill Gates gave 15 billion in 22.

The Washington Examiner
Tuesday, May 30, 2023

CHINA

Massive liberal charities steered millions to Chinese groups tied to its government​

by Gabe Kaminsky, Investigative Reporter |
January 23, 2023 12:20 PM
Two of the largest liberal charities in the United States handed millions of dollars in grants to entities in China linked to the Chinese Communist Party, documents show.

The Bill and Melinda Gates and Ford foundations, two highly influential nonprofit groups influencing left-leaning causes, combined in 2021 to give over $39 million to China, according to their latest tax forms. Some of these funds were directed to Chinese universities and government agencies involved in military research to further the CCP's global influence, filings reveal.
"If the last few years have taught us anything, it's that we need to heavily scrutinize every American dollar that goes to CCP-affiliated entities," Rep. Mike Gallagher (R-WI) told the Washington Free Beacon.

Those schools are Peking University, Tsinghua University, and Shanghai Jiao Tong University, which combined to receive roughly $3.5 million from both the Gates and Ford foundations. The Australian Strategic Policy Institute, a nonpartisan think tank, has labeled the universities either "high risk" or "very high risk" because of their defense research and role in alleged cybersecurity attacks.

The Gates and Ford foundations also gave about $500,000 combined in 2021 to Beijing Normal University, tax forms show. The school has collaborated with China's government on developing vehicles for the military, according to an August 2021 report by the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, a nonpartisan national security think tank.

The 20 years before 22, the church gave a lot less, I need to go back and lool, but I believe it was in the 90 million a year range. I look for those numbers when I get a chance.

So, you don't have any idea if what you say is true or not. Correct?
How many other churches are in that league, look that up also Markk...

So, Jesus is investing and gambling tithing funds in WallStreet?

NIce Ralf.

President Gordon B. Hinckley explained that saving some tithing funds is a fundamental principle of Church finances:

In the financial operations of the Church, we have observed two basic and fixed principles: One, the Church will live within its means. It will not spend more than it receives. Two, a fixed percentage of the income will be set aside to build reserves against what might be called a possible “rainy day.”
For years, the Church has taught its membership the principle of setting aside a reserve of food, as well as money, to take care of emergency needs that might arise. We are only trying to follow the same principle for the Church as a whole.[1]
The tithing set aside as a reserve is added to the Church’s investment funds. Bishop Gerald Causse explained the reason for putting saved tithing funds into investments instead of simply holding the tithing in cash or cash equivalents:

In the parable of the talents, the lord who asked for an accounting from his servants chastised the one who had not invested the money entrusted to him but instead had hid that money in the earth. He characterized the servant as “wicked and slothful” for not investing that money for a reasonable financial return. Consistent with this spiritual principle, the Church’s financial reserves are not left idle in nonproductive bank accounts but are instead employed where they can produce a return.

That is non-sense. One thing I know from the years I spent working with homeless, is that there are many that will never ever get on their feet for several reasons. You have a warped view of people in-need.
What are the several reasons... Markk. There are those few who are truly poor and without means, but 90%, I would speculate, can learn how to take care of themselves with a little nudge from those giving charity.
You seem to be a charitable guy Markk, do you give to everyone who sticks out his hand some money? and if not, why?

And again, how about a Childrens hospital or two. Would you be opposed to that? Maybe just commit a few billion a year to St. Judes or Shriners?

You just don't get it.
Chuckle, this is a world wide Church, we give aid to everyone we can, not just one entity Markk... and it seems they are doing just great with the many charitable contributions they are getting now.... I speculate... LOL

Right. ‘Pay your tithing to the “Lord’s storehouse.” And God will do whatever he wants with it.‘

Didn't know God played the stock market.

Oh, and on top of your 10%, pay extra for fast offerings and humanitarian aid, so we can look like we’re helping people. Stomp that mud, make those bricks, collect that straw.

What Is a Bishops’ Storehouse?​

“And again, let the bishop appoint a storehouse unto this church; and let all things both in money and in meat, which are more than is needful for the wants of this people, be kept in the hands of the bishop” (D&C 51:13).

The bishop has the responsibility to care for the poor and needy within the boundaries of his ward. One resource available to accomplish this task is the bishops’ storehouse—a place where those in need can go to obtain food and other supplies at the recommendation of their bishop.

The storehouse is filled with commodities provided by fast offerings and other generous donations from members. Food and supplies from the bishops’ storehouse can also be sent to those affected by natural disasters, wars, or economic crises at a moment’s notice.

What Is the Bishop’s Role?​

The Lord has directed bishops to actively “[search] after the poor to administer to their wants” (D&C 84:112).

One way bishops do this is by meeting with members of their wards or communities to discuss their needs and to make a plan that will help them become self-sufficient. Bishops are blessed with the gift of discernment (or the ability to know something by the Spirit), which helps them understand how best to help those in need.

What are the several reasons... Markk. There are those few who are truly poor and without means, but 90%, I would speculate, can learn how to take care of themselves with a little nudge from those giving charity.
You seem to be a charitable guy Markk, do you give to everyone who sticks out his hand some money? and if not, why?
Are you that ignorant.

Some of the reasons are:

1: They are mentally retarded and have absolutely no family support or structure...think for a moment if one of your grandchildren were mentally handicapped and could not take care of themselves...and they had zero family to help them. I have two mentally challenged nephews, and if they did not have/had family support, they would die on the streets.

2. Drug burn outs and alcoholics. They can't take care of themselves...do we just let them die on the streets despite their sin? That is a hard one..you tell me.

3. The physically disabled, that do not have family or a means to earn a living wage, who don't have family to support them.

4. The children of the above raised in an environment that is next to impossible to be a productive citizen. Raised with out God in thier lives, but with drugs addicted and alcoholic parents in and out of prison.

One thing I learned about my years in compassion ministry, which I was heavily involved in in San Bernardino's west side, is that you don't can't worry about the 90% as you put it, you worry about the ones you might reach and make a difference. Jesus said to go after the one, and that is central to compassion ministry.

If you think hoarding your money and gambling with it for the chance of a rainy day is somehow Gods plan, we are 180 from that.

It's just money Ralf, you act as if it is meant for a higher purpose than charity, in regard to our tithes?

Chuckle, this is a world wide Church, we give aid to everyone we can, not just one entity Markk... and it seems they are doing just great with the many charitable contributions they are getting now.... I speculate... LOL
BS... you (the church) have 150 BILLION or more in reserve, that you might build a mall or bail out for profit company...are you saying there are not people in need and the church can't give more.

If you had a choice, would you give 1.5 billion to a mall, or to St. Jude's Childrens Hospital? keep in mind the church has in reserve 150 billion, do th math on what percentage of that is 1.5 billion. How many Childrens lives would the church save with a billion dollar a year commitment.

I am sick to my stomach even thing about this.

What Is a Bishops’ Storehouse?​

“And again, let the bishop appoint a storehouse unto this church; and let all things both in money and in meat, which are more than is needful for the wants of this people, be kept in the hands of the bishop” (D&C 51:13).

The bishop has the responsibility to care for the poor and needy within the boundaries of his ward. One resource available to accomplish this task is the bishops’ storehouse—a place where those in need can go to obtain food and other supplies at the recommendation of their bishop.

The storehouse is filled with commodities provided by fast offerings and other generous donations from members. Food and supplies from the bishops’ storehouse can also be sent to those affected by natural disasters, wars, or economic crises at a moment’s notice.

What Is the Bishop’s Role?​

The Lord has directed bishops to actively “[search] after the poor to administer to their wants” (D&C 84:112).

One way bishops do this is by meeting with members of their wards or communities to discuss their needs and to make a plan that will help them become self-sufficient. Bishops are blessed with the gift of discernment (or the ability to know something by the Spirit), which helps them understand how best to help those in need.

Your tithing doesn’t go to the storehouse.

The Washington Examiner
Tuesday, May 30, 2023

CHINA

Massive liberal charities steered millions to Chinese groups tied to its government​

by Gabe Kaminsky, Investigative Reporter |
January 23, 2023 12:20 PM
Two of the largest liberal charities in the United States handed millions of dollars in grants to entities in China linked to the Chinese Communist Party, documents show.

The Bill and Melinda Gates and Ford foundations, two highly influential nonprofit groups influencing left-leaning causes, combined in 2021 to give over $39 million to China, according to their latest tax forms. Some of these funds were directed to Chinese universities and government agencies involved in military research to further the CCP's global influence, filings reveal.
"If the last few years have taught us anything, it's that we need to heavily scrutinize every American dollar that goes to CCP-affiliated entities," Rep. Mike Gallagher (R-WI) told the Washington Free Beacon.

Those schools are Peking University, Tsinghua University, and Shanghai Jiao Tong University, which combined to receive roughly $3.5 million from both the Gates and Ford foundations. The Australian Strategic Policy Institute, a nonpartisan think tank, has labeled the universities either "high risk" or "very high risk" because of their defense research and role in alleged cybersecurity attacks.

The Gates and Ford foundations also gave about $500,000 combined in 2021 to Beijing Normal University, tax forms show. The school has collaborated with China's government on developing vehicles for the military, according to an August 2021 report by the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, a nonpartisan national security think tank.
LOL...do you really want to go there? The church currently owns about 7.4 million shares of Microsoft was valued at $2,231.88 a share per their last 13f filing. The hypocrisy has no limits here. The church is a Major Partner and Owner of Microsoft. LOL, Ralf your tithe money goes to China if you want to get down to it, not to mention the corporation of the prophet church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is part owners of Microsoft. What do you think about that?

They also are major shareholders in pharmaceutics that produce things like abortion pills. They own major holdings in Amazon also.

How do I know this...because they were turned in to hiding this by cheating on their 13f forms, and anyone can know every quarter,

LOL...do you really want to go there? The church currently owns about 7.4 million shares of Microsoft was valued at $2,231.88 a share per their last 13f filing. The hypocrisy has no limits here. The church is a Major Partner and Owner of Microsoft. LOL, Ralf your tithe money goes to China if you want to get down to it, not to mention the corporation of the prophet church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is part owners of Microsoft. What do you think about that?

They also are major shareholders in pharmaceutics that produce things like abortion pills. They own major holdings in Amazon also.

How do I know this...because they were turned in to hiding this by cheating on their 13f forms, and anyone can know every quarter,

Tell me why we or anyone should believe your sources? chuckle.

MICROSOFT CORP.Stock , MSFT​

328.50+0.11+0.03%
After-market
06:52:32 PM
NAS
Add to watchlist

328.39 -2.82 -0.85%
Official Close 04:00:00 PM NAS

BS... you (the church) have 150 BILLION or more in reserve, that you might build a mall or bail out for profit company...are you saying there are not people in need and the church can't give more.
What are you talking about Markk, not only is tithing to help the sick and afflicted (poor) but personal service by each member is number one in love thy neighbor. Giving tithing is easy, but actually giving of yourself to help others is much more charitable and a act of true love, Christ like Love.

If you had a choice, would you give 1.5 billion to a mall, or to St. Jude's Childrens Hospital? keep in mind the church has in reserve 150 billion, do th math on what percentage of that is 1.5 billion. How many Childrens lives would the church save with a billion dollar a year commitment.

I am sick to my stomach even thing about this.
I personally think visiting the sick, the poor and loving thy neighbor exceeds any gift or contributions from the general account of the Church.

Matt 25

Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Your tithing doesn’t go to the storehouse.
You're wrong, both tithing and welfare money are used.... we have over 114 bishop storehouses, the Church pays for the buildings, the different enterprises, such as the land in Florida where we raise cattle and oranges , the general fund pays for the maintenance and expense cost of all our operations... hope you just learned something new...

Back