Genesis 22?

But he knew what Abraham would do?

Yes, as far as God's absolute omniscience is concerned. But God did say He knew because of Abraham action. And even Jesus didn't know the time of His second coming. And there is scripture of God being surprised. Yet God is omniscient. … So there is a *sense* that God didn't originally know Abraham choice.

Yes, as far as God's absolute omniscience is concerned. But God did say He knew because of Abraham action. And even Jesus didn't know the time of His second coming. And there is scripture of God being surprised. Yet God is omniscient. … So there is a *sense* that God didn't originally know Abraham choice.
Ok.

I don't believe there is any sense in which God didn't know everything.

Ok.

I don't believe there is any sense in which God didn't know everything.

God did say "now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me." ...

Genesis 22:12 (KJV) And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for **now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.**

And Jesus didn't know the time of His second coming. And His was the Word/God.

And God can get surprised. ...

Jeremiah 19:5 (KJV) They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind:

So how do you explain all that without being dogmatic?

God did say "now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me." ...

Genesis 22:12 (KJV) And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for **now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.**

And Jesus didn't know the time of His second coming. And His was the Word/God.

And God can get surprised. ...

Jeremiah 19:5 (KJV) They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind:

So how do you explain all that without being dogmatic?
I know all of the standard, open-theist verses.

That doesn't help.

If you're unable to explain it, I understand.

How does God create from nothing? Well, He just wills it and something else other than God appears, with libertarian will other than God's.

How do you explain how God creates from nothing?

How does God create from nothing? Well, He just wills it and something else other than God appears, with libertarian will other than God's.

How do you explain how God creates from nothing?
I have no idea what you're saying.

Back