Genesis 22?

Enough to determine everything occur.

What opinion of mine fuels ooen theism?
Do you deny God can know what a free creature would do?

Did you not ask how he can know it?

When I noted God knows everything you spoke only of him determining everything.

So are you denying God can know what a free creature would do?

If so you support the thinking of the open theist.

BTW seeing as you are claiming God determines everything

Are you affirming God determined all the moral evil that ever existed and all that will ever exist,

and doing yet another flip flop?

Last edited:
Do you deny God can know what a free creature would do?
For me that's not the issue. However it sounds to me you have an argument you'd like make.

I'm all ears. Make your argiment.

Did you not ask how he can know it?

When I noted God knows everything you spoke only of him determining everything.
Scripture says God has a plan and purpose, in which, He has determined not only the outcome, but also, everything in between, the end from the beginning (Is 46:10.)

So are you denying God can know what a free creature would do?
No.

If so you support the thinking of the open theist.

BTW seeing as you are claiming God determines everything

Are you affirming God determined all the moral evil that ever existed and all that will ever exist,
Yes.

If He did not, then all of the evil in the world is meaningless, for no reason, and without purpose, but God is purposeful.

and doing yet another flip flop?
Still talking out of your behind.

Do you then believe God is capable of creating libertarian free willers if He wanted and foreknow the outcome?
He's capable of it; however scripture says your will is enslaved to sin, and when freed from sin, your will is Christ's slave (Jn 8:34-44; Rom 1:1).

He's capable of it; however scripture says your will is enslaved to sin, and when freed from sin, your will is Christ's slave (Jn 8:34-44; Rom 1:1).

... and Rom. 6:16-18.
And the difference between the two results in, "thanks be to GOD".

So when you a slave to Christ do you have a free will?

For me that's not the issue. However it sounds to me you have an argument you'd like make.

I'm all ears. Make your argiment.

Afraid to answer the question?

Scripture says God has a plan and purpose, in which, He has determined not only the outcome, but also, everything in between, the end from the beginning (Is 46:10.)

A plan and a purpose - yes

that everything that transpires is relevant to his plan - no

No.

Yes.

If He did not, then all of the evil in the world is meaningless, for no reason, and without purpose, but God is purposeful.

wow So Howie now affirms God has determined all the moral evil that ever was and will be

Yet flip flopping once again

Still talking out of your behind.
I am not the one changing his theodicy from post to post

I love a good theological discussion like this as much as anyone but this really isn’t the forum for it.

Edit: totally disregard my words here. For some reason I was linked here through the secular politics and culture forum which is why I thought this discussion was happening over there. Carry on!!

So Christians have no free will according to Howie

Seems just a few days ago it was denied any Calvinist does not believe in free will.
Word twisting Tom is at it again.

One more time,

Men are volitional; make choices according the nature.

Free will in unregenerate man means man is free to commit any sin he chooses.

Jesus says unregenerate men are slaves of sin and Satan's children Jn 8:34-44.

Jesus destroys yours and Leighton's anthropology. He shows it to be completely wrong. In doing so, He also shows your soteriology to be wrong.

I never post in these sections of the forums, but I'm curious...

1. In heaven, will we have free will?
2. If yes, will it be possible for us to sin in heaven?
3. If no, why not?
4. If the reason is because we will have a sinless nature at that point, how do we explain the sin of Adam and Eve, who also possessed a sinless nature yet sinned anyway?

I'll hang up and listen.

So Christians have no free will according to Howie

Well, as with everything, that depends on how you DEFINE "free will". Without a definition, discussion is impossible.

And guess what? The New Testament NEVER teaches that "God gave man a libertarian free will to be able to choose to accept or deny any choice at their disposal".

You arbitrarily and self-servingly define "free will" to mean LFW ("Libertarian free will"), even though the Bible NEVER defines it that way. And if we reject that arbitrary definition of "free will", then you DENY that we believe in any kind of "free will" whatsoever.

And your LFW definition is contrary to Scripture, where you have to hold to the claims that:
"dead in sins" doesn't ACTUALLY mean, "dead";
"slave to sin" doesn't ACTUALLY mean, "slave".
"No one can come" (John 6:44) ACTUALLY means, "EVERYONE can come!"

Seems just a few days ago it was denied any Calvinist does not believe in free will.

We do not believe in LFW.
We likewise do not believe men are robots.
Men have wills.
Those wills are enslaved in sin (John 8:34, Rom. 6:16-18).
We're sorry that you reject Scripture.
And we're sorry that you're incapable of engaging in charitable discussion.

Well, as with everything, that depends on how you DEFINE "free will". Without a definition, discussion is impossible.

And guess what? The New Testament NEVER teaches that "God gave man a libertarian free will to be able to choose to accept or deny any choice at their disposal".

You arbitrarily and self-servingly define "free will" to mean LFW ("Libertarian free will"), even though the Bible NEVER defines it that way. And if we reject that arbitrary definition of "free will", then you DENY that we believe in any kind of "free will" whatsoever.

And your LFW definition is contrary to Scripture, where you have to hold to the claims that:
"dead in sins" doesn't ACTUALLY mean, "dead";
"slave to sin" doesn't ACTUALLY mean, "slave".
"No one can come" (John 6:44) ACTUALLY means, "EVERYONE can come!"

We do not believe in LFW.
We likewise do not believe men are robots.
Men have wills.
Those wills are enslaved in sin (John 8:34, Rom. 6:16-18).
We're sorry that you reject Scripture.
And we're sorry that you're incapable of engaging in charitable discussion.
Newsflash the discussion concerned scripture

Christians are not slaves to sin

and they have free will

1 Corinthians 10:13 (ESV) — 13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

It's too bad you are not a scripture believer

and you have no knowledge of what Libertarian free will is.l

Word twisting Tom is at it again.

One more time,

Men are volitional; make choices according the nature.

Free will in unregenerate man means man is free to commit any sin he chooses.

Jesus says unregenerate men are slaves of sin and Satan's children Jn 8:34-44.

Jesus destroys yours and Leighton's anthropology. He shows it to be completely wrong. In doing so, He also shows your soteriology to be wrong.
Choices they are determined to make

hello

Choices which are not free

sorry you keep ignoring the fact jesus does not state men cannot repent

He does not state they are slaves to every sin

He does not say there is only one way they can fulfill their desire for sin

Finally he is addressing those who practice sin The idea is one of continual acts

Choices they are determined to make

hello

Choices which are not free

sorry you keep ignoring the fact jesus does not state men cannot repent

He does not state they are slaves to every sin

He does not say there is only one way they can fulfill their desire for sin

Finally he is addressing those who practice sin The idea is one of continual acts
Nothing new here.

I disagree, except the unregenerate are in continual sin AND under condemnation jn 3:18 ... continual sin.

Also, I have never denied men must repent. What I do deny is your belief that men can believe without God granting them repentance. Repentence is a gift of God.

I have nothing else to add on my part.

Nothing new here.

I disagree, except the unregenerate are in continual sin AND under condemnation jn 3:18 ... continual sin.

Also, I have never denied men must repent. What I do deny is your belief that men can believe without God granting them repentance. Repentence is a gift of God.

I have nothing else to add on my part.
God does not infuse repentancve any more than he infuses faith

To grant does not mean to effectually cause as your theology teaches

God grants faith and repentance through the word

was Cornelius continually in sin

Lydia

The Gentiles in Acts 13?

or these

Romans 2:14 (ESV) — 14 For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law.

Back