God Has A Design For His Church

But I've never said that. Calvinists don't say that. Reformed don't say that.

So, show your evidence that we've said that.

Then you need to learn to read.

Nope. Im saying that you lied when you said I believe one has to "accept Jesus as their savior".

Though the calling and regeneration of the Holy Spirit, as the result of the finished work of Christ.
See, you folks are all over the place. I have read time after time on these boards is that all one has to do is accept Jesus as the Savior and one is in, but now you reference Calvanism? A Calvanist, oh my! They sure have thought up a whole lot of crazy things, you know all that predestination stuff. Is that what you are? If so, that explains everything.

See, you folks are all over the place.
I have read time after time on these boards is that all one has to do is accept Jesus as the Savior and one is in, but now you reference Calvanism? A Calvanist, oh my! They sure have thought up a whole lot of crazy things, you know all that predestination stuff. Is that what you are? If so, that explains everything.
The difference is that we can back up our beliefs with scripture. The best you say is, "Well, that's what the Catholic Church tells us".

I'm sorry you feel the Gospel is "crazy".

I notice that the mods deleted my post.

I wonder if it ever occurred to the mods that if they would just do something about the trolls, they wouldn't have to worry about my responses to the trolls.

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings: (Phil 2)

Did you get that?

No salvation by works anywhere in there, dog. You simply ain't as great as you think you are.

No salvation by works anywhere in there, dog. You simply ain't as great as you think you are.
Putting Scripture at odds with Scripture in order to win. This is a misuse of God's word.

Trying to make v12 mean that we earn salvation by our own words only conflicts with the next verse which tells us that our works are God working though us. it ignores what Paul said in Phil 1:6. It also conflicts with Paul's saying elsewhere that we ought to work out what God has worked in.

I never said anything about works. That passage sustains my claim that we are part of our own salvation through - wait for it - making the correct choice and choosing Christ. We have to do something don't we? It's either accept or reject the Lord, no?

Putting Scripture at odds with Scripture in order to win. This is a misuse of God's word.

Trying to make v12 mean that we earn salvation by our own words only conflicts with the next verse which tells us that our works are God working though us. it ignores what Paul said in Phil 1:6. It also conflicts with Paul's saying elsewhere that we ought to work out what God has worked in.
You are another one that misses the mark. I never said we can earn our own salvation, but we are a part of the salvation process by the choices each of us make. Is that right or wrong?

As we can do.
No, you can't. That's why you haven't shown us where Mary's sinlessness, Mary's perpetual virginity, Mary's ascension, prayers to dead Mary, or your latest silliness, that our salvation is the result of our own choices.
Where is all this "predestination?

I would think the most obvious would be Ephesians 1:5, which literally says we have been predestined.

And then, there are also:

Romans 8:29-30
Romans 9:11
Ephesians 1:11

There are many more, but since you've shown that you don't take God's Word seriously, nor are you sincere in your questions, that's all you get.

Back