God Has A Design For His Church

As yours is. Tell me, did your own "thoughts" and "beliefs" bring you to Christ, or did you enter into the faith blindly? Once you started believing, did you take some sort of "actions" like joining a particular church and getting baptized? Thoughts, beliefs, and actions - everyone is responsible in part for their own salvation by doing certain things. Jesus welcomes us, we decide on whether to go to him or not.

Just as Scripture says.... faith comes from hearing the gospel message, whether that be from someone sharing the gospel message or reading the Sacred Scriptures. Sacred Scripture is God speaking to us, in a way we human's can understand. When someone shared the gospel message with me, the person did so by opening a Bible, aka Sacred Scripture and showing me what God has said about Himself and what I needed to do to receive salvation and eternal life.

As a person hears or reads the gospel message, the Holy Spirit comes ans assures the person that what they have just heard is true. God has given us many proofs of His existence, and we have eye witness accounts of Jesus' life, death, and resurrection.

Btw, I .... am.... NOT.... a mormon. I....am.....NOT .... a ..... Jehovah witness... Got it?

Because it means you're rejecting the only means God has provided for your salvation.
Did you not make a conscious "thought" to follow Christ? Did you not decide to "believe", and then take some sort of "action" to follow him by joining a church of likeminded believers?
No. Being unregenerate, I was at enmity with God and both unable and unwilling to choose Christ.

Thanks for telling me what I believe. From here on out I will try to remember what you have said. Now, let's see how good you really are, is my favorite meal chicken or beef? For some odd reason I can't seem to remember which one it is.
I love that you're pretending to be offended by somebody telling you what we believe, after you just told us we believe all we have to do to be saved is to believe in Jesus.

Nope, I never claimed such a thing, your opinion is oof, way off. But really, you do the same. Your free will has allowed YOU to choose Christ just like I did. Our actions in life affect will affect how things turn out in the end. That's what I have read in the scriptures, did you miss that stuff?
There you go, not reading scripture again...or still.

Mark 13:20 And if the Lord had not cut short the days, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, whom he chose, he shortened the days.

John 15:16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

Want some more?

Nope. My salvation is primarily dependent on my own thought's, beliefs, and actions as I go through this life. According to you folks, I just have to believe that Jesus is the Savior and thus I do not have anything to worry about, right?

This is exactly why we question if the Gospel can be found in the catholic church.

Not too long ago it was "the gospel is that we love one another".

No. That is not the gospel.

Now it's "My salvation is primarily dependent on my own thoughts, beliefs, and actions as I go through this life"

Huh? Jesus is not at least the primary cause of salvation? I would argue he is the only cause of salvation, but to try to say that one's own thoughts, beliefs, and actions are the primary cause is a slap in the face to the One who died and rose again. Seriously, it doesn't get much further from the Gospel than that. Not trying to be snarky, but you might want to shut the computer down and pick up a bible. Start with Judges 21:25. Best advice I can give.

And in those days Israel had no king. Each man did what was right in his own heart.

I have to say, that was another way of saying "My salvation is primarily dependent on my own thoughts, beliefs, and actions as I go through this life", and it was not an endorsement. It was more of a low point, an indication that Israel was not following God, but was following their own hearts, and that they needed some major correction.

This is exactly why we question if the Gospel can be found in the catholic church.

Now it's "My salvation is primarily dependent on my own thoughts, beliefs, and actions as I go through this life"

Huh? Jesus is not at least the primary cause of salvation? I would argue he is the only cause of salvation, but to try to say that one's own thoughts, beliefs, and actions are the primary cause is a slap in the face to the One who died and rose again. Seriously, it doesn't get much further from the Gospel than that. Not trying to be snarky, but you might want to shut the computer down and pick up a bible. Start with Judges 21:25. Best advice I can give.

And in those days Israel had no king. Each man did what was right in his own heart.

I have to say, that was another way of saying "My salvation is primarily dependent on my own thoughts, beliefs, and actions as I go through this life", and it was not an endorsement. It was more of a low point, an indication that Israel was not following God, but was following their own hearts, and that they needed some major correction.

They simply do not know the gospel. Every time they talk about it its something different. Which reminds me again of a post from the old boards where a catholic said; Jesus taught one gospel, the disciples another, Paul another... Absolutely clueless.

No one has claimed to be mind readers. But we know what you believe and do not believe by what you have already posted. RC's post stuff, then cry foul when called on the things they post.
I have never said that I do not accept Jesus as our Savior, I do. So according to you folks I am saved because that is all anyone has to do, isn't that correct?

They simply do not know the gospel. Every time they talk about it its something different. Which reminds me again of a post from the old boards where a catholic said; Jesus taught one gospel, the disciples another, Paul another... Absolutely clueless.
Come on teacher, tell us the gospel, we Catholics are clueless.

Are you catholic? A faithful, obedient catholic? Then i know what you believe. Also, you have been here for some time and you have TOLD us what you believe. Do i really have to guess or read your mind? If you reject catholic soteriology great, let us know when you'll be swimming the tiber.
Thoughts, beliefs, and actions is what all Christians do as they walk with God.

Then tell us friend, now that's it's not just accepting Jesus as one's Savior as you all have previously claimed,
Show us where I've ever said anything like that.

I've been very clear and very consistent that the Bible says NOTHING about our accepting Christ as our savior.

If you Catholics can't make your cast without lying, you have no case.

Last edited:
Thoughts, beliefs, and actions is what all Christians do as they walk with God.
Tell that to the people in Matt 7 whom Jesus said 'depart from Me, i never KNEW you.' Its more than thoughts beliefs and actions. Its a heart issue.

2Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

Are you a new creation? Why?

Show us where I've ever said anything like that.
Come on, that is the protestor bottom line claim, "Believe in Jesus and one is saved" is it not? You mean you do not agree with your fellow protestors here? That's a new one.
I've been very clear and very consistent that the Bible says NOTHING about our accepting Christ as our savior.

Have you? Could have fooled me. So now (read carefully) ARE you saying a person DOES NOT have to believe in Christ for salvation? Yes or no? If no, how does the Christian attain salvation?

Sounds like your pope, you have to obey. Now get busy blessing those gay couples.
First you charge us with blindly following the Pope, now that we have told you that is not true and is proved by the fact that many in the Catholic Church reject his same sex blessing of couples idea, you still charge us with the same offense. Why is that?

Back