Regeneration as new life revisited

That has been revealed in scripture

Romans 10:8-17 (KJV)
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Sorry no the receiving of the spirit does not precede faith

John 7:38-39 (KJV)
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Galatians 3:2 (KJV)
2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Galatians 3:5 (KJV)
5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Galatians 3:14 (KJV)
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Why is it Calvinism must attempt tp contradict what scripture shows to establish itself ?
Every unbeliever, for all of his life, lives under God's condemnation, and the condemnation is not believing in the name of Jesus (Jn 3:18). 1 cor 12:3 tells me that the reason those people are not believing in the name of Jesus is, they are not indwelt by the Holy Spirit. It's clear to me, and to many others here, that you do not understand that.

Why don't you understand that?

Again faith is not mentioned

You have an argument from silence

Being made alive requires one have the Spirit

you can't have the spirit without faith

John 7:38-39 (ESV)
38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”
39 Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Galatians 3:2 (ESV)
2 Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith?

Galatians 3:5 (ESV)
5 Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith—

Galatians 3:14 (ESV)
14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

Ezek does not help you

Neither Ezek 36 or 37

You cannot interpret scripture in contradiction to itself
Yet that is exactly what you do. Lol

Ya? And? Yet it is by the Spirit that causes us to believe. How do you, in all your wisdom, intend to work out this apparent contradiction? This I have to hear for entertainment purposes.
Sorry the issue is indwelling

One is not indwelt until one believes

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

and faith comes through the word

Romans 10:14-17 (KJV)
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Sorry there is truth in your claim

Again faith is not mentioned

You have an argument from silence

Being made alive requires one have the Spirit

you can't have the spirit without faith

John 7:38-39 (ESV)
38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”
39 Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Galatians 3:2 (ESV)
2 Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith?

Galatians 3:5 (ESV)
5 Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith—

Galatians 3:14 (ESV)
14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

Ezek does not help you

Neither Ezek 36 or 37

You cannot interpret scripture in contradiction to itself

which is why you cannot address rebuttal
Which you do. One says it's BY the Spirit I obey God's commands. Yours says recieve the Spirit. Two different things. You simply conflate the two. You must for humanism to work

Sorry the issue is indwelling

One is not indwelt until one believes

and faith comes through the word

Irrelevant to Ezekiel 36. I don't have to be indwelling to be led by the Spirit.

Yes, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are the one God. People say three persons, which is not exactly stated in the Bible, but it is probably the best way so far I have heard to say it.
Can the Father be God if He is not Omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnipresent ?

You believe that about the Son for 33 years. Kenosis is a heresy and the Father would not be God is He were not Omni- All.

God is Immutable.

hope this helps !!!

Which you do. One says it's BY the Spirit I obey God's commands. Yours says recieve the Spirit. Two different things. You simply conflate the two. You must for humanism to work

By the Spirit - yes scripture is a work of the Spirit
without the spirits revelation to apostles and prophets no one would know this truth

The indwelling in not mentioned

you simply added it to the verse

Irrelevant to Ezekiel 36. I don't have to be indwelling to be led by the Spirit.
Ezekiel 36 speaks of the indwelling

Ezekiel 36:27 (KJV)
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

thats indwelling

Ezekiel 36 speaks of the indwelling

Ezekiel 36:27 (KJV)
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

thats indwelling
Yet nothing about believing first. Wierd right. There is a difference

Except we know from scripture that belief is first required

John 7:38-39 (KJV)
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Galatians 3:2 (KJV)
2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Galatians 3:5 (KJV)
5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

why is it your theology requires ignoring scripture ?
Except according to Ezekiel 36 I can't believe unless it's by the Spirit.

1 John 3:23 says that God commands us to believe.
How does that prove that Ezekiel 36 teaches that i can only believe by the Spirit?
The carnal mind is enmity against God and is not subject to the command of God, neither can be Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

The word law is the word nomos which means:

anything established, anything received by usage, a custom, usage, law; in the Sept. very often for תּורָה, also for חֻקָּה, דָּת, etc. In the N. T. a command, law; and

So the carnal mind isnt subject to the command of God, and doesnt have the ability to be He cant obey the command to believe therefore.

The carnal mind is enmity against God and is not subject to the command of God, neither can be Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

The word law is the word nomos which means:

anything established, anything received by usage, a custom, usage, law; in the Sept. very often for תּורָה, also for חֻקָּה, דָּת, etc. In the N. T. a command, law; and

So the carnal mind isnt subject to the command of God, and doesnt have the ability to be He cant obey the command to believe therefore.
What I suggest you add into your understanding of how the carnal mind works is Rom 8:5 For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh

Do you see the word "set"? It is an active verb and speaks about a willful act. A willful act means free will was involved.
When God speaks to us and calls us into his light, the will can make the choice to set the mind on the Spirit.

Back