Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

No he was not...If he was then he wouldn't say at the end...
John 20:31
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
The passage in question is John 1:1, 14.
Keep focused and cease leapfrogging about the Bible, a typical cult tactic.

God ALONE is Divine.
you are wrong..
2 Peter 1:4
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Your question is incomprehensible.
because you lack understanding.
However God IS The Son and vice versa.
That is not written in the scripture... If God is the son then Jesus is his own father...

Jesus was claiming EQUALITY with God.
It is YOU who must learn to follow Scripture.
No, he was not claiming that...If he was why would he say in another place ...
John 14:28
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

The passage in question is John 1:1, 14.
Keep focused and cease leapfrogging about the Bible, a typical cult tactic.
No the OPis in question...Did Jesus teach that he was God himself?... You have to show where Jesus himself taught he was God... still waiting...

My point was that Angels have glory also, but their glory is not that of being Yahweh God or that of Jesus the Messiah anymore than Jesus' own glory was that of being Yahweh God either.

I certainly don't see how the above passage helps you in your false doctrine at all dude, for to begin with if Jesus was Yahweh God along with the Father, then he would have the same exact doctrine as Yahweh God the Father.

Also, he would have the same glory, but in this passage Jesus clearly tells us that the doctrine wasn't his own but that of his Father Yahweh God and neither was he seeking his own glory but rather only that of his Father Yahweh God.

Or in other words, he was seeking that the Father's glory would be known and not his own.

Your above passage also proves that the Jews falsely accused Jesus of breaking the Sabbath law, for the Sabbath law as against secular work and in order to free men and women up to worship and serve God on the Sabbath day instead and that is all Jesus was doing was worshiping God and serving him by healing the man.

Furthermore by the same Law of Moses, while the law forebode secular work, it also commanded the priest to work in the Temple on the Sabbath and Jesus was a greater priest than any of those working in the Temple on the Sabbath, being he was a priest after the higher order of Melchezedek

That sounds awful pompous dude, and just who do you think you are anyhow?

Furthermore, the first passage itself refutes your false doctrine, for you are reading into it what isn't there and therefore adding to it what isn't there also and just like you did with Jesus' words in John 17:3 when you said that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are The Only True God after Jesus very clearly told us that only the Father is period.

Yes and nowhere in what Jesus said within it can it be interpreted to say that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are The Only True God but rather only the Father alone period and just like Jesus said and in simple easy to understand grammar 101 as well.

I don't care what your name is, and dude is better than Devil isn't it?

For that is how I view anyone who adds to the words of Jesus in John 17:3 or Luke 9:26.

Easy, by attempting to make the glory of Jesus the same as that of his Father Yahweh God and by trying to dismiss the fact that Jesus also said that he would come in the glory of the angels as well.

Very clearly also in that same context and prayer of John 17 where in verse 3 Jesus calls the Father The Only True God, Jesus also told us that he received his glory from the Father and that glory that he received from the Father he also shares with his sheep, read it and learn the truth.

Yes and right after this, Jesus took three of his disciples up on the Mt and gave them a vision of the future Kingdom of God and which is just another passage that your churches have twisted the truth about also.
I only see your suppositions/guessing work. It was a man who sinned and that man was, Adam. So therefore, it had to be a man who was without sin who could save us all, that MAN IS Yeshua, Gods one and only flesh and blood SON!

So how come, when I quote the actual Scriptures, YOU turn around and gtry to claim I am making things up ?
Now you have the nerve to claim that I have " a church " so, which so called " church " would that be ?
Now where have I added to any passage of Scripture/s ?
John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. How on earth is this adding to Scripture ???????????????????????????????????

You claim " Easy, by attempting to make the glory of Jesus the same as that of his Father Yahweh God and by trying to dismiss the fact that Jesus also said that he would come in the glory of the angels as well. " lol, all that this is, is YOUR suppositions, and only YOU need to deal with that, not me nor anyone else..
I never denied that God is God....

This wall of text does not help you, sir...
Typical heterodox evasiveness. Blow off 36 scripture with no, zero, none extraneous commentary as " a wall of text." Guess you heterodox folks don't like what scripture says. And it does address your post "is Jesus God?"

Typical heterodox evasiveness. Blow off 36 scripture with no, zero, none extraneous commentary as " a wall of text." Guess you heterodox folks don't like what scripture says. And it does address your post "is Jesus God?"
,,, they may be just here to poke fun at all of us true believers of God ands His Messiah, et al.. wanting an adverse response...?

My point was that Angels have glory also, but their glory is not that of being Yahweh God or that of Jesus the Messiah anymore than Jesus' own glory was that of being Yahweh God either.

I certainly don't see how the above passage helps you in your false doctrine at all dude, for to begin with if Jesus was Yahweh God along with the Father, then he would have the same exact doctrine as Yahweh God the Father.

Also, he would have the same glory, but in this passage Jesus clearly tells us that the doctrine wasn't his own but that of his Father Yahweh God and neither was he seeking his own glory but rather only that of his Father Yahweh God.

Or in other words, he was seeking that the Father's glory would be known and not his own.

Your above passage also proves that the Jews falsely accused Jesus of breaking the Sabbath law, for the Sabbath law as against secular work and in order to free men and women up to worship and serve God on the Sabbath day instead and that is all Jesus was doing was worshiping God and serving him by healing the man.

Furthermore by the same Law of Moses, while the law forebode secular work, it also commanded the priest to work in the Temple on the Sabbath and Jesus was a greater priest than any of those working in the Temple on the Sabbath, being he was a priest after the higher order of Melchezedek

Furthermore, the first passage itself refutes your false doctrine, for you are reading into it what isn't there and therefore adding to it what isn't there also and just like you did with Jesus' words in John 17:3 when you said that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are The Only True God after Jesus very clearly told us that only the Father is period.

Yes and nowhere in what Jesus said within it can it be interpreted to say that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are The Only True God but rather only the Father alone period and just like Jesus said and in simple easy to understand grammar 101 as well.

For that is how I view anyone who adds to the words of Jesus in John 17:3 or Luke 9:26.

Easy, by attempting to make the glory of Jesus the same as that of his Father Yahweh God and by trying to dismiss the fact that Jesus also said that he would come in the glory of the angels as well.

Very clearly also in that same context and prayer of John 17 where in verse 3 Jesus calls the Father The Only True God, Jesus also told us that he received his glory from the Father and that glory that he received from the Father he also shares with his sheep, read it and learn the truth.

Yes and right after this, Jesus took three of his disciples up on the Mt and gave them a vision of the future Kingdom of God and which is just another passage that your churches have twisted the truth about also.
Yes,, thank you, I am very well aware of who God is and also who Gods only FLESH and BLOOD SON is... so where on earth is the problem ?
My point IS all the quoted Word of God ( Scriptures ) they are Gods Word NOT my word ..
Now let mew quote some Scripture ok ? " Gen1:In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth " so,is this now not true simply because I have quoted it to you ? or is it that I now have to write a one hundred page book explaining who when where and why God did this in order for it to be true ?
God has given US His Holy Word so that we do NOT have do anything, other than to simply and truly believe HIS WORD ONLY..

Well, you just proved that Jesus is not God again... you just said Jesus Christ is coming not God the father of Jesus.
Yes and this is in the Word of God and this is what will happen the Messiah will return again soon, so be prepared... John 14:3 this passage prove it, do you agree with the passage or not ? While it is true that the Messiah Yeshua did not give us all the specific details of His return makes no difference. He has told us to wait..
Jesus was taken up into heaven by a cloud, and He will return in the clouds. The clouds symbolize the angels of God that will surround Him, as can be seen in Hebrew parallelism:

The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them, as is Sinai, in the holy place (Psalm 68:17).

…who maketh the clouds his chariots; who walketh upon the wings of the wind (Psalm 104:3).

Jesus Himself promised that He would return with the clouds:

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory (Matthew 24:30).

The glory of Christ's coming will surpass anything we can imagine. He will return in the glory of His angels, and the Godhead: “when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels” (Luke 9:26).

No, he was not claiming that...If he was why would he say in another place ...
John 14:28
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
The Father did NOT become a MAN; ONLY The Son did.
And you evaded the import of 5:17-18.

you are wrong..
2 Peter 1:4
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

because you lack understanding.

That is not written in the scripture... If God is the son then Jesus is his own father...
Another strawman birthed.

He was calling God His OWN Father, making Himself EQUAL with God.
This is what the JEWS said about Yeshua the Messiah..They the Priests etc; hated Him already sooooooooo, how else would they ( his haters ) accusative things about Him ? At first He was sent only to the Jews, the lost sheep of the House of Israel to save them. But they hated Him, well the so called Priests did.. and the Priests got as many as they could, of the Jews, to hate Him as well..

so what is/are the glory/glories of the angels then ? Why mention an issue then drop it without any explanation ? This is why all these arguments evolve here.. BTW,,, Lucifer is an Angel, so do you glorify him as well then ? I certainly hope not, because he will welcome that, he thinks that he is God...

I only see your suppositions/guessing work. It was a man who sinned and that man was, Adam. So therefore, it had to be a man who was without sin who could save us all, that MAN IS Yeshua, Gods one and only flesh and blood SON!

To start, the words "only begotten" refer to Jesus in two ways, the first is that he was the only Son who came directly from the Father and through procreation through Mary and secondly, he is unique among all other human sons of God in that all others only become sons through Jesus and as per Paul in Romans 8:29.

Romans 8:29, "For those whom he foreknew, them he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son (Jesus), that he might be the firstborn among many brethren".
So how come, when I quote the actual Scriptures, YOU turn around and gtry to claim I am making things up ?
Now you have the nerve to claim that I have " a church " so, which so called " church " would that be ?
Now where have I added to any passage of Scripture/s ?
John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. How on earth is this adding to Scripture ???????????????????????????????????

First you conveniently misquoted John 17:3 and left out who Jesus was praying to and whom he called The Only True God, for it reads like this instead below.

John 17:3, "This is eternal life that they might know you (Father) The Only True God and Jesus the Christ whom you have sent".

This makes all the difference in the world, because the adjective phrase "The Only True God" only modifies the Father whom Jesus was praying unto and the word "monos" or "Only" in the phrase very clearly disqualifies any other person except for the Father alone from being The True God and that is simple grammar 101 dude.
You claim " Easy, by attempting to make the glory of Jesus the same as that of his Father Yahweh God and by trying to dismiss the fact that Jesus also said that he would come in the glory of the angels as well. " lol, all that this is, is YOUR suppositions, and only YOU need to deal with that, not me nor anyone else..
I never denied that God is God....

The above proves your willful ignorance, for it is exactly what Jesus was saying and it cannot be refuted either but in your ignorance, you will still try, wont you?

Back