Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

Yes,, thank you, I am very well aware of who God is and also who Gods only FLESH and BLOOD SON is... so where on earth is the problem ?
My point IS all the quoted Word of God ( Scriptures ) they are Gods Word NOT my word ..

Once again, "only begotten" means that Jesus was the only son of God who was procreated from the womb as such, for although Adam was also called the Son of God in Luke's Gospel and so are all who believe in God through Jesus, Jesus was the only one coming without sin and literally through procreation.

It also means he is unique in this way and also in that all other human sons will only be human sons of God through him as the firstborn among them, for it is through him that they are born again to become sons.
Now let mew quote some Scripture ok ? " Gen1:In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth " so,is this now not true simply because I have quoted it to you ? or is it that I now have to write a one hundred page book explaining who when where and why God did this in order for it to be true ?
God has given US His Holy Word so that we do NOT have do anything, other than to simply and truly believe HIS WORD ONLY..

What does any of that have to do with what you are doing with Luke 9:26 and John 17:3 in your adding your own carnal thinking unto them like you are doing????????

To start, the words "only begotten" refer to Jesus in two ways, the first is that he was the only Son who came directly from the Father and through procreation through Mary and secondly, he is unique among all other human sons of God in that all others only become sons through Jesus and as per Paul in Romans 8:29.

Romans 8:29, "For those whom he foreknew, them he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son (Jesus), that he might be the firstborn among many brethren".

First you conveniently misquoted John 17:3 and left out who Jesus was praying to and whom he called The Only True God, for it reads like this instead below.

John 17:3, "This is eternal life that they might know you (Father) The Only True God and Jesus the Christ whom you have sent".

This makes all the difference in the world, because the adjective phrase "The Only True God" only modifies the Father whom Jesus was praying unto and the word "monos" or "Only" in the phrase very clearly disqualifies any other person except for the Father alone from being The True God and that is simple grammar 101 dude.

The above proves your willful ignorance, for it is exactly what Jesus was saying and it cannot be refuted either but in your ignorance, you will still try, wont you?
If you like I will copy and paste the entire OT and NT and the all of the Letters and Revelations too ? No one has told you to stop at verse 3, did they ? Serious, you guys want to ARGUE over the least little issue/s, well, as we are forewarned about in the NT.. Look up John 5:39+, see the plus sign, ok then, you are more than welcome to read more...
Show us the scriptures that you claim explains " only begotten " ? Seems like you are saying that Yeshua had siblings conceived by the Holy Spirit then ? So, if so, who is the mother ?
No offence intended what so ever, God Bless you.

so what is/are the glory/glories of the angels then ? Why mention an issue then drop it without any explanation ? This is why all these arguments evolve here.. BTW,,, Lucifer is an Angel, so do you glorify him as well then ? I certainly hope not, because he will welcome that, he thinks that he is God...
Read 1 Corinthians 15, for Paul very clearly tells us of the glories of the celestial compared to the terrestrial and which proves that Angels and men have glories of their own but not the same glory as Yahweh has being The Only True God, or that Jesus has being The Only Begotten Son and Messiah.

I never said that we are to glorify the angels dude, and I wonder if you even really know what the word "glory" means, so I will tell you.

The word means "the weight of worth or value or esteem of an individual with God and the creation".

By the way, men can be dead and still have glory among men and Ronald Reagan is one such person who does also, for many men hold him in high esteem as one of the greatest men to be our president of the USA.

That is all that the word "glory" means but the glory of Ronald Reagan is glory as a president and not glory as God and the same goes with the glory of Jesus being that of his work as the Messiah and Savior and not as being God, for only God (The Father) himself is to receive glory as being God alone and period.

There is nothing wrong with recognizing the worth and values (glory) of good men and good angels however, just as long as we recognize their worth and value only as creatures made by The Only True God (The Father) and then only glorify the Father alone as The Only True God.

Once again, "only begotten" means that Jesus was the only son of God who was procreated from the womb as such, for although Adam was also called the Son of God in Luke's Gospel and so are all who believe in God through Jesus, Jesus was the only one coming without sin and literally through procreation.

It also means he is unique in this way and also in that all other human sons will only be human sons of God through him as the firstborn among them, for it is through him that they are born again to become sons.

What does any of that have to do with what you are doing with Luke 9:26 and John 17:3 in your adding your own carnal thinking unto them like you are doing????????
Once again, yes, I am well aware of what, ONLY begotten means, thank you for the heads up anyway.
Why do you ask about Luke 9 and John 17 for ? lol, how on this earth are they MY thinking ?
I never ever said that Yeshua's brothers and sisters were sired by Gods Holy Spirit, nor did I even hint nor suggest such vile thing, you slander me and you should be reported for such a suggestion, seriously ? There you are lecturing me of protocol ?

Typical heterodox evasiveness. Blow off 36 scripture with no, zero, none extraneous commentary as " a wall of text." Guess you heterodox folks don't like what scripture says. And it does address your post "is Jesus God?"
that is a copy and paste wall of text...I have refuted that many times...but you won't learn. You are angry because I won't conform to your religious worldly thinking.
Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Nothing in the wall of text says Jesus is God...the OP is very specific...Did Jesus teach he was God himself? Where in your wall of text did Jesus say he was God?

Read 1 Corinthians 15, for Paul very clearly tells us of the glories of the celestial compared to the terrestrial and which proves that Angels and men have glories of their own but not the same glory as Yahweh has being The Only True God, or that Jesus has being The Only Begotten Son and Messiah.

I never said that we are to glorify the angels dude, and I wonder if you even really know what the word "glory" means, so I will tell you.

The word means "the weight of worth or value or esteem of an individual with God and the creation".

By the way, men can be dead and still have glory among men and Ronald Reagan is one such person who does also, for many men hold him in high esteem as one of the greatest men to be our president of the USA.

That is all that the word "glory" means but the glory of Ronald Reagan is glory as a president and not glory as God and the same goes with the glory of Jesus being that of his work as the Messiah and Savior and not as being God, for only God (The Father) himself is to receive glory as being God alone and period.

There is nothing wrong with recognizing the worth and values (glory) of good men and good angels however, just as long as we recognize their worth and value only as creatures made by The Only True God (The Father) and then only glorify the Father alone as The Only True God.
, excuse me, stop supposing that I even hinted of the issues you have raised in your reply... You did say that the angels have their " glory " !!!
Oh? who cares what the word means, seriously ? You are the one who posted the issue of angels and their glory in the first instance NOT ME!
You can not even be bothered to C/P 1 Cor 15,,, why is that ? What does attacking me, for no valid reason, do ?
BTW, His REAL name is Yeshua and it has meaning, it means, " He Saves " inferring ", His People Israel " He did not come to save anyone else btw.. But again, yes, He has saved all who confess Him as their Lord and Messiah just the same...... Blessings to you..

Seems like you are saying that Yeshua had siblings conceived by the Holy Spirit then ?
John 3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

If you like I will copy and paste the entire OT and NT and the all of the Letters and Revelations too ? No one has told you to stop at verse 3, did they ? Serious, you guys want to ARGUE over the least little issue/s, well, as we are forewarned about in the NT.. Look up John 5:39+, see the plus sign, ok then, you are more than welcome to read more...

John 17:3 is no little issue dude, for they are the clearest words from Jesus himself about who we must know as what in order to be saved and have eternal life and Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith and the rest of the Bible cannot contradict his words, for if in your doctrine they do, then you are believing falsely about the rest of the Bible.
Show us the scriptures that you claim explains " only begotten " ? Seems like you are saying that Yeshua had siblings conceived by the Holy Spirit then ? So, if so, who is the mother ?
No offence intended what so ever, God Bless you.

Well, just look up the word begotten as it is always used in the Bible and you will see that it always refers to someone who comes into being by birth through a woman and it therefore reveals that Jesus was unigue in this way, being Luke called Adam the Son of God also but Adam wasn't begotten as the Son of God like Jesus was.

Are you seriously asking me who Jesus' mother was dude?

Why his Mother was Mary of course and which proves once again that Jesus was begotten as the sinless Son of God right from the womb and unlike any other man whether saints or sinners and what is also unlike any other man except for Jesus, is the fact that all other men who will become sons of God will only become sons of God through Jesus and which also makes him unique.

Look up the word "monogensis" for it means "a unique son" dude but it always refers to where one begins his life also.

Now look at these two verses also spoken by Jesus himself below and which verifies that Jesus received his life from the Father and only lives because of the Father likewise.

John 5:26 "For just as The Father has life in himself, so he has given the Son to have life in himself also".

John 6:57 "For just as The Living Father (The Living God) has sent me and I live because of the Father, so who he would eats of me shall live because of me".

It couldn't be made any clearer either, for Jesus in John 5:26 tells us that not was he given life from the Father for himself and also for us, but in John 6:57, he also tells us that he lives because of the Father in the same way that we will live because of him if we receive him as the bread of life offered as our sacrifice for our sins.

Last edited:
Among the teachings of Jesus to his disciples was that he is the Son of God. That was what all his followers learned from his Master. They could call him Lord, Owner, Master, Savior, etc, but they never made the Son of God into a god-son.

In his gospel John said:

John 20:30 To be sure, Jesus also performed many other signs before the disciples, which are not written down in this scroll. 31 But these have been written down so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and because of believing, you may have life by means of his name.

... and again in his first epistle:

1 John 4:15 Whoever acknowledges that Jesus is God’s Son, God remains in union with such one and he in union with God.

Paul said:

Heb. 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, and forever.

If Jesus never spoke of a "god-son", no disciple later taught it, and furthermore we are told that Jesus continued to be the same, then the doctrine of a GOD-SON is totally foreign to Scripture.

Why did the Jews accuse Jesus of trying to make himself a god when he said that he was the Son of God?
Consider what happened to Paul and Barnabas at Lystra:

Acts 14:8 Now in Lysʹtra there was a man sitting down whose feet were crippled. He was lame from birth and had never walked. 9 This man was listening to Paul as he was speaking. Paul, looking intently at him and seeing that he had faith to be made well, 10 said with a loud voice: “Stand up on your feet.” So the man leaped up and began walking. 11 When the crowds saw what Paul had done, they cried out in the Lyc·a·oʹni·an language: “The gods have become like humans and have come down to us!” 12 And they started calling Barʹna·bas Zeus, but Paul Herʹmes, since he was taking the lead in speaking. 13 And the priest of Zeus, whose temple was at the entrance of the city, brought bulls and garlands to the gates and wanted to offer sacrifices with the crowds.
14 However, when the apostles Barʹna·bas and Paul heard of it, they ripped their garments and leaped out into the crowd and cried out: 15 “Men, why are you doing these things? We too are humans having the same infirmities as you have. And we are declaring the good news to you, for you to turn from these vain things to the living God, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all the things in them. 16 In past generations he permitted all the nations to go on in their ways, 17 although he did not leave himself without witness in that he did good, giving you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, satisfying you with food and filling your hearts with gladness.” 18 And yet despite saying these things, they barely restrained the crowds from sacrificing to them.
19 But Jews arrived from Antioch and I·coʹni·um and persuaded the crowds, and they stoned Paul and dragged him outside the city, imagining that he was dead.

Perhaps if we take into account that what today we call Greek "mythology" was for the inhabitants of the former greek empire an important part of their religion (even their philosophy) and that thought was embedded within the Roman empire, we could understand why Jews accused Jesus of trying to make himself a god when he said that he was the Son of God. The Greeks had a vast pantheon of human demigods who were supposedly the children of non-human Olympian gods with human women. Perhaps the Jews believed that Jesus was posing as one of those demigods? Should we assume that Jesus was comparing himself to those Greek demigods, or was it just a Jewish slander like so many others?

In fact, if Jesus had compared himself to Jehovah as his equal to him, that YES would have been blasphemous from the Jewish point of view. Modern Trinitarians consider that Jewish accusation to be true, so they assume that Jesus was a blasphemer.

Last edited:
, excuse me, stop supposing that I even hinted of the issues you have raised in your reply... You did say that the angels have their " glory " !!!
Oh? who cares what the word means, seriously ? You are the one who posted the issue of angels and their glory in the first instance NOT ME!
You can not even be bothered to C/P 1 Cor 15,,, why is that ? What does attacking me, for no valid reason, do ?
BTW, His REAL name is Yeshua and it has meaning, it means, " He Saves " inferring ", His People Israel " He did not come to save anyone else btw.. But again, yes, He has saved all who confess Him as their Lord and Messiah just the same...... Blessings to you..
You have a Bible to look up some verses and you really should know them anyhow if you are going to be on this forum arguing them and if I give you the chapter, then you can do the work yourself, otherwise these posts become too long and there is also a limit to how many characters they can contain.

Wow, you have a poor old me, why does he keep on attacking me complex don't you?

Quit your whimpering already for heaven sake, for I have had a trinitarian Lutheran Pastor on this forum tell me I needed a shrink and no one ever heard me whimpering over it like you are doing and that is because I know who I believe in and therefore I leave all of that into his care.

The Bold red statement above is more ignorance, for although Jesus originally came to save Israel, Israel was not the only reason he came and that is why John 3:16 says this dude, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life".

Very clearly God had always intended to save other people groups and not just Israel.

Acts 2:36, "36 “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”

Notice in the above verse, God made Jesus to be Lord and Christ, he made him to be Lord and Christ, are you getting the picture yet dude?

You are being deceived.

John 17:3 is no little issue dude, for they are the clearest words from Jesus himself about who we must know as what in order to be saved and have eternal life and Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith and the rest of the Bible cannot contradict his words, for if in your doctrine they do, then you are believing falsely about the rest of the Bible.

Well, just look up the word begotten as it is always used in the Bible and you will see that it always refers to someone who comes into being by birth through a woman and it therefore reveals that Jesus was unigue in this way, being Luke called Adam the Son of God also but Adam wasn't begotten as the Son of God like Jesus was.

Are you seriously asking me who Jesus' mother was dude?

Why his Mother was Mary of course and which proves once again that Jesus was begotten as the sinless Son of God right from the womb and unlike any other man whether saints or sinners and what is also unlike any other man except for Jesus, is the fact that all other men who will become sons of God will only become sons of God through Jesus and which also makes him unique.

Look up the word "monogensis" for it means "a unique son" dude but it always refers to where one begins his life also.

Now look at these two verses also spoken by Jesus himself below and which verifies that Jesus received his life from the Father and only lives because of the Father likewise.

John 5:26 "For just as The Father has life in himself, so he has given the Son to have life in himself also".

John 6:57 "For just as The Living Father (The Living God) has sent me and I live because of the Father, so who he would eats of me shall live because of me".

It couldn't be made any clearer either, for Jesus in John 5:26 tells us that not was he given life from the Father for himself and also for us, but in John 6:57, he also tells us that he lives because of the Father in the same way that we will live because of him if we receive him as the bread of life offered as our sacrifice for our sins.
The Son of God did NOT come into being through birth from a mother.
He is eternally begotten of The Father.
John 5:26 does NOT say The Son was given life from The Father.

You have a Bible to look up some verses and you really should know them anyhow if you are going to be on this forum arguing them and if I give you the chapter, then you can do the work yourself, otherwise these posts become too long and there is also a limit to how many characters they can contain.

Wow, you have a poor old me, why does he keep on attacking me complex don't you?

Quit your whimpering already for heaven sake, for I have had a trinitarian Lutheran Pastor on this forum tell me I needed a shrink and no one ever heard me whimpering over it like you are doing and that is because I know who I believe in and therefore I leave all of that into his care.

The Bold red statement above is more ignorance, for although Jesus originally came to save Israel, Israel was not the only reason he came and that is why John 3:16 says this dude, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life".

Very clearly God had always intended to save other people groups and not just Israel.

Acts 2:36, "36 “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”

Notice in the above verse, God made Jesus to be Lord and Christ, he made him to be Lord and Christ, are you getting the picture yet dude?

You are being deceived.
Did God make Jesus to be The Lord and Christ in Mary's womb???

Among the teachings of Jesus to his disciples was that he is the Son of God. That was what all his followers learned from his Master. They could call him Lord, Owner, Master, Savior, etc, but they never made the Son of God into a god-son.

In his gospel John said:

John 20:30 To be sure, Jesus also performed many other signs before the disciples, which are not written down in this scroll. 31 But these have been written down so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and because of believing, you may have life by means of his name.

... and again in his first epistle:

1 John 4:15 Whoever acknowledges that Jesus is God’s Son, God remains in union with such one and he in union with God.

Paul said:

Heb. 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, and forever.

If Jesus never spoke of a "god-son", no disciple later taught it, and furthermore we are told that Jesus continued to be the same, then the doctrine of a GOD-SON is totally foreign to Scripture.

Why did the Jews accuse Jesus of trying to make himself a god when he said that he was the Son of God?
Consider what happened to Paul and Barnabas at Lystra:

Acts 14:8 Now in Lysʹtra there was a man sitting down whose feet were crippled. He was lame from birth and had never walked. 9 This man was listening to Paul as he was speaking. Paul, looking intently at him and seeing that he had faith to be made well, 10 said with a loud voice: “Stand up on your feet.” So the man leaped up and began walking. 11 When the crowds saw what Paul had done, they cried out in the Lyc·a·oʹni·an language: “The gods have become like humans and have come down to us!” 12 And they started calling Barʹna·bas Zeus, but Paul Herʹmes, since he was taking the lead in speaking. 13 And the priest of Zeus, whose temple was at the entrance of the city, brought bulls and garlands to the gates and wanted to offer sacrifices with the crowds.
14 However, when the apostles Barʹna·bas and Paul heard of it, they ripped their garments and leaped out into the crowd and cried out: 15 “Men, why are you doing these things? We too are humans having the same infirmities as you have. And we are declaring the good news to you, for you to turn from these vain things to the living God, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all the things in them. 16 In past generations he permitted all the nations to go on in their ways, 17 although he did not leave himself without witness in that he did good, giving you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, satisfying you with food and filling your hearts with gladness.” 18 And yet despite saying these things, they barely restrained the crowds from sacrificing to them.
19 But Jews arrived from Antioch and I·coʹni·um and persuaded the crowds, and they stoned Paul and dragged him outside the city, imagining that he was dead.

Perhaps if we take into account that what today we call Greek "mythology" was for the inhabitants of the former greek empire an important part of their religion (even their philosophy) and that thought was embedded within the Roman empire, we could understand why Jews accused Jesus of trying to make himself a god when he said that he was the Son of God. The Greeks had a vast pantheon of human demigods who were supposedly the children of non-human Olympian gods with human women. Perhaps the Jews believed that Jesus was posing as one of those demigods? Should we assume that Jesus was comparing himself to those Greek demigods, or was it just a Jewish slander like so many others?

In fact, if Jesus had compared himself to Jehovah as his equal to him, that YES would have been blasphemous from the Jewish point of view. Modern Trinitarians consider that Jewish accusation to be true, so they assume that Jesus was a blasphemer.
Jesus made Himself God, NOT a god.
Why would Jesus, a devout Jew, who believed in ONE God make Himself to be like a Greek or Roman god????
Absolute asinine nonsense.

You are being deceived.
lol , yes I do have a Bible and one on the computer which is why and how I, C/P the passages, that you refuse to believe.. Yes, please do not flatter yourself.. Also, the quoted verses/passage are in fact the Word of God! Yet you are in denial of them. We have not been given Gods Word to debate over and over, ad nauseam .. The Word of God is fact, as He gave it, and His Word is to be believed and acted upon always, never doubting His Truth.
Yes indeed, I do see the verse, and BTW, are YOU in Israel and are you a Hebrew ? If NOT then explain why I have to notice the verse ?

So here we go! " Very clearly God had always intended to save other people groups and not just Israel. " this is MY one very clear and expressed witness which you took up and have rejected...
Tell us dude, where did God say for us to read His Word and do our very best to try to " understand what He means " ? I fully understand Gods Word and you do not...

John 3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Believers who are born AGAIN through a spiritual regeneration were NOT conceived by The Holy Spirit; ONLY Jesus was.

The Son of God did NOT come into being through birth from a mother.
He is eternally begotten of The Father.
John 5:26 does NOT say The Son was given life from The Father.
Yes it does; Unles you can prove otherwise by Gods Word ?

John 5:26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself... so who granted His life then if NOT God ?

Yes it does; Unles you can prove otherwise by Gods Word ?

John 5:26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself... so who granted His life then if NOT God ?
Granted to HAVE life IN HIMSELF.
Quote the Bible correctly.

Back