The Eucharist is the New Testament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus wrote nothing,

Yet Scripture is HIS WORD, not anyone elses. Are you denning the inspiration of the Scriptures?...wouldn't surprise me.
someone else wrote the book of Hebrews intending to convey a message to the people of the day.

Who wrote is irrelevant....since all Scripture is inspired by God and is HIS WORD.
They are not Jesus words any more than a prayer that comes from my lips are when I ask for His help in this life.

So you really are trying to deny the inspiration of the Scriptures.

Your argument is with the bible.

17 For a will takes effect only at death, since it is not in force as long as the one who made it is alive.
You are right. I mean can you imagine all the children asking for their share of their parents will before they have died.

Jesus wrote nothing, someone else wrote the book of Hebrews intending to convey a message to the people of the day. They are not Jesus words any more than a prayer that comes from my lips are when I ask for His help in this life.
thx for putting into words what you really think of God's word.

otoh, it isn't 'news' to any believer here.

Yet Scripture is HIS WORD, not anyone elses. Are you denning the inspiration of the Scriptures?...wouldn't surprise me.

Who wrote is irrelevant....since all Scripture is inspired by God and is HIS WORD.

So you really are trying to deny the inspiration of the Scriptures.
No surprise they do not really value God's word.

Rubbish Jesus wrote in the sand for a start that shows your statement Jesus wrote nothing is false. Jesus is the Word and even your catechism clearly states the author of scriptures is God. So once again belittling the Word of God, no surprise. RCs show little regard for God's word.
Oh boy, one thing out of how many pages in the bible - you got me! He did not sit down during His journey here on earth and write a treatise of what He wanted done and then tell people to just go out and by the book. Yes, Jesus is indeed the Word, the living Word of God. He left the acTual writing of books to others.

I mean really, you are all hepped up on this but when Jesus says of the Church that he who hears you hears me you run for the hills denying it all the way

thx for putting into words what you really think of God's word.

otoh, it isn't 'news' to any believer here.
God's word is the living Word, Jesus Christ. All a person has to do is believe and they are saved right? While it is a beautiful book where much can be learned, there is no reading requirement for salvation, right?

Oh boy, one thing out of how many pages in the bible - you got me! He did not sit down during His journey here on earth and write a treatise of what He wanted done and then tell people to just go out and by the book. Yes, Jesus is indeed the Word, the living Word of God. He left the acTual writing of books to others.

I mean really, you are all hepped up on this but when Jesus says of the Church that he who hears you hears me you run for the hills denying it all the way
That is your comeback. You clearly stated Jesus wrote nothing, which is clearly a false claim. Your institution hears nothing from Jesus as its followers clearly belittle His words. Your institution calls the author of scripture God. Clearly you disagree so that you can belittle His word and make it meaningless. You words have revealed your intentions and I am not hepped up about anything. Is hep a real word???????

I am always going to strongly defend the word of God, just because it is His word. Only evil men and false teachers belittle the word of God.

So the Catholic church's teaching is incorrect because in the OT God referred to Ezekiel's beard and hair as Jerusalem?

I have read and studied scripture as both a nCCs and as a CC. I have listened to both the nCCs and the Catholic church, I can only say that it is really sad that many sola scriptura Christians deny the Catholic teaching of the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist. It is so sad.

If you think that transubstantiation/real presence is something real, show us from the scriptures.

It is a contract of sorts and remember Abram had nothing God wanted but there you go. You do not understand covenants and I was trying to simply the words for you, to give you real understanding of why what you post is rubbish. Actually the Divine covenant has always been passed on the covenants of the time. But covenants, wills and contracts involve two parties.
From the Old Covenant according to the Judaism.​
The relation of man to the Deity was also conceived of in Biblical times as a covenant concluded by God with certain men or nations, from which all laws derived their sanctity and perpetuity. God, when creating the heavens and the earth, made a covenant with them to observe the rules of day and night (Jer. xxxiii. 25), and when the flood caused by the sin of all flesh had interrupted the operation of the law, He hung the rainbow in the clouds as a sign of the covenant, to assure men that it would not again be suspended on account of man's sin. He thus made a special covenant with Noah and his sons, requiring them to preserve and show due regard for all human life, while pledging the preservation of the order of earthly life for all generations (Gen. ix. 1-17). Regarding this so-called Noachian covenant see below.​
God concluded a covenant with Abraham (Gen. xv. 18, xvii. 2, 7) by which He entered into a special relationship with him and his descendants for all time; and as a sign of this covenant he enjoined on them the rite of Circumcision. This Abrahamitic covenant, expressive of the religious character of the descendants of Abraham as the people of Yhwh, the one and only God, was renewed on Mount Sinai when, before the giving of the Law, Israel as a people pledged itself to keep His covenant (Ex. xix. 8). After the giving of the Law Moses sprinkled "the blood of the covenant sacrifice" half upon the people and half upon the altar of the Lord (Ex. xxiv. 6-8), to signify the mystical union of Israel and its God. Of this "everlasting" Sinaitic covenant between God and Israel the Sabbath is declared to be the sign forever (Ex. xxxi. 13-17). At the same time the tables of the Law upon which the pledge was made were called "the book of the covenant" (Ex. xxiv. 7), and the Ten Commandments "the words of the covenant" (Ex. xxxiv. 28); and so the tables containing these became "the tables of the covenant" (Deut. ix. 9, 15). Of peculiar significance to the people during its wanderings in the wilderness, and in its settled state in Palestine, was the Ark of the Covenant (Num. x. 33; Deut. x. 8, xxxi. 26; and frequently in Joshua, Samuel, and Kings), which was regarded as "the testimony" ("'edut") to the presence of the God of the Covenant in its midst.​
JoeT​

God's word is the living Word, Jesus Christ. All a person has to do is believe and they are saved right? While it is a beautiful book where much can be learned, there is no reading requirement for salvation, right?
Obviously you do not know that the written scriptures are living words and they speak to real believers but obviously not to the RCC. The fact that you post such rubbish and belittle His word shows you do not read it all:

Exodus 24:7

Then he took the book of the covenant and read it in the hearing of the people; and they said, “All that the Lord has spoken we will do, and we will be obedient!”

Acts 15:21

For Moses from ancient generations has in every city those who preach him, since he is read in the synagogues every Sabbath.”

Luke 4:16

And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath, and stood up to read.

Who read????

Luke 6:3-4

And Jesus answering them said, “Have you not even read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him, how he entered the house of God, and took and ate the consecrated bread which is not lawful for any to eat except the priests alone, and gave it to his companions?”

Matt 19:4

And He answered and said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female,

Who is asking have you not read???Apparently, Jesus expects His followers to read scripture. I mean how many times are we told to meditate on the word of God.

Eph 3:4

By referring to this, when you read you can understand my insight into the mystery of Christ,

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Reading

A real disciple is expected to read His word. But RCs belittle it and make a joke of it.

The relation of man to the Deity was also conceived of in Biblical times as a covenant concluded by God with certain men or nations, from which all laws derived their sanctity and perpetuity. God, when creating the heavens and the earth, made a covenant with them to observe the rules of day and night (Jer. xxxiii. 25), and when the flood caused by the sin of all flesh had interrupted the operation of the law, He hung the rainbow in the clouds as a sign of the covenant, to assure men that it would not again be suspended on account of man's sin. He thus made a special covenant with Noah and his sons, requiring them to preserve and show due regard for all human life, while pledging the preservation of the order of earthly life for all generations (Gen. ix. 1-17). Regarding this so-called Noachian covenant see below.​
God concluded a covenant with Abraham (Gen. xv. 18, xvii. 2, 7) by which He entered into a special relationship with him and his descendants for all time; and as a sign of this covenant he enjoined on them the rite of Circumcision. This Abrahamitic covenant, expressive of the religious character of the descendants of Abraham as the people of Yhwh, the one and only God, was renewed on Mount Sinai when, before the giving of the Law, Israel as a people pledged itself to keep His covenant (Ex. xix. 8). After the giving of the Law Moses sprinkled "the blood of the covenant sacrifice" half upon the people and half upon the altar of the Lord (Ex. xxiv. 6-8), to signify the mystical union of Israel and its God. Of this "everlasting" Sinaitic covenant between God and Israel the Sabbath is declared to be the sign forever (Ex. xxxi. 13-17). At the same time the tables of the Law upon which the pledge was made were called "the book of the covenant" (Ex. xxiv. 7), and the Ten Commandments "the words of the covenant" (Ex. xxxiv. 28); and so the tables containing these became "the tables of the covenant" (Deut. ix. 9, 15). Of peculiar significance to the people during its wanderings in the wilderness, and in its settled state in Palestine, was the Ark of the Covenant (Num. x. 33; Deut. x. 8, xxxi. 26; and frequently in Joshua, Samuel, and Kings), which was regarded as "the testimony" ("'edut") to the presence of the God of the Covenant in its midst.​
JoeT​
I have already shown a site which shows the real understanding of covenants. You ignored it and so not wasting my time reading your rubbish that comes from who no where. By the way this is a copy and paste where from, your are to cite your sources.

no requirement to be saved. but once saved, a believer will desire to read it, to know all they can about Him, His word, all that He has for them and what they need to know to live for Him.

catholics don't have that desire in their hearts.

Obviously you do not know that the written scriptures are living words and they speak to real believers but obviously not to the RCC. The fact that you post such rubbish and belittle His word shows you do not read it all:

Exodus 24:7

Then he took the book of the covenant and read it in the hearing of the people; and they said, “All that the Lord has spoken we will do, and we will be obedient!”

Acts 15:21

For Moses from ancient generations has in every city those who preach him, since he is read in the synagogues every Sabbath.”

Luke 4:16

And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath, and stood up to read.

Who read????

Luke 6:3-4

And Jesus answering them said, “Have you not even read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him, how he entered the house of God, and took and ate the consecrated bread which is not lawful for any to eat except the priests alone, and gave it to his companions?”

Matt 19:4

And He answered and said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female,

Who is asking have you not read???Apparently, Jesus expects His followers to read scripture. I mean how many times are we told to meditate on the word of God.

Eph 3:4

By referring to this, when you read you can understand my insight into the mystery of Christ,

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Reading

A real disciple is expected to read His word. But RCs belittle it and make a joke of it.
they have not read or heard...

Which are picked and chosen to achieve the desired outcome. Of all the worldly impossible things in the bible this seems to be the only issue where the non orthodox Christian will not believe what is actually written. "Well, we have to go to Hebrews or some other biblical book to find the true meaning of what is said here" the non orthodox believer will say.

Balderdash! The words stand on their own.

Jesus said what He said and He meant what He said. It's only the desire to validate ones particular position that denies them and their veracity.

Again, we believe what the Bible says, we refuse however to let mere men spin into Catholic nonsense. Thank you God for Martin Luther.

Go tell the Vatican to tear down all the buildings with the names of Peter, Paul because according to you, their teachings don't matter.

JoeT​
From the Old Covenant according to Judaism is from where a Jewish site, how do I find it, where do I find it. How can this be verified that it is accurate. Or is it from an RC source which means it knows nothing. Or is it from the advent thingy. I mean is it a source that can be trusted.

This shows there are two parties to a covenant. Not one.

From the Old Covenant according to Judaism is from where a Jewish site, how do I find it, where do I find it. How can this be verified that it is accurate.

Click on the words in blue. It takes you to the link, the Jewish Encyclopedia. I have no idea how accurate it is.

Click on the words in blue. It takes you to the link, the Jewish Encyclopedia. I have no idea how accurate it is.
Oh thanks or pointing out my error. I didn't notice the blue, slight colour deflect. That is something I will need to be aware of.
I apologise Joe I am sorry for not seeing the blue.

I went to the link:

To break "the covenant of the brothers" (Amos i. 9) was a heinous sin, and imposed the penalty of death

Therefore for Jesus to break the commandment to not drink blood would be a heinous sin.

Also the New Covenant is connected to sin offering.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back