and go in the way of understanding.
---
Stolen waters are sweet,
and bread eaten in secret is pleasant.
18 But he knoweth not that the dead are there;
and that her guests are in the depths of hell.​

Rome;
A :devilish: Liar and a Thief :devilish: from the very 1st
maybe you can tell us what the council of ephesus determined?

before doing so, read this... https://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/npnf214.x.xvi.xiii.html

and https://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0414.htm

Christians had them long before the rcc existed. Christians penned them.

true, but they were not compiled as the new testament. they were all over the christian world together with fake and spurious christian writings.
no they can't. what it tells you is a lie. they don't know or teach what the apostles taught.
that is all you can say since your lineage cannot go past the protestant reformers time.
mine are born again and teach the truth of scripture - what Jesus and apostles taught.uly
what they teach is actually found in scripture. none have ever tried to discourage me from reading it, as the rcc did / does.

they have the guidance of the HS. the rcc does not.
guidance of the holy spirit? give a concrete evidence to show they are guided by the holy spirit.
mine is truly guided and my concrete evidence is the canon of the bible the catholic church determined (esp. the 27 books of the new testament) that christians use as the basis of their faith and doctrine.

mica said:
Christians had them long before the rcc existed. Christians penned them.
true, but they were not compiled as the new testament.
didn't need to be to be His truth.

they were all over the christian world together with fake and spurious christian writings.
those who were taught by Jesus and the apostles knew what they taught in person and knew if 'writings' didn't match up. catholics don't even know that.

that is all you can say since your lineage cannot go past the protestant reformers time.
wrong. believers go back to the time of CHRIST and His life and sacrifice - that changes our hearts in the rebirth and without that one isn't saved.

and there are catholics on here who don't know about that - the when, where and why of it.

we read and study ot and nt - catholics know almost nothing about either. don't try using those rcc 'talking points' on a believer - we don't fall for those rcc lies. btdt!

all you can do is parrot what it tells you.

guidance of the holy spirit? give a concrete evidence to show they are guided by the holy spirit.
mine is truly guided and my concrete evidence is the canon of the bible the catholic church determined (esp. the 27 books of the new testament) that christians use as the basis of their faith and doctrine.
well, you have no evidence 'cause all the rcc did was accept what others had already determined. the evidence that the rcc doesn't have the HS is its unbiblical beliefs and teachings.

how does the HS work in your life?

Buzzard said:
Ram;
the RCC determined nothing of the sort;
all Rome did was Steal what the "Church of Ephesus" had already determined

have you never read

Proverbs 91
Wisdom hath builded her house,
she hath hewn out her seven pillars:

2 She hath killed her beasts;
she hath mingled her wine;
she hath also furnished her table.

3 She hath sent forth her maidens:
she crieth upon the highest places of the city,

4 Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither:
as for him that wanteth understanding,
she saith to him,

5 Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine
which I have mingled.

6 Forsake the foolish, and live;

---

Stolen waters are sweet,

and that her guests are in the depths of hell
Rome;

before doing so, read this... https://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/npnf214.x.xvi.xiii.html

Ram;
I think I see the problem

I said
ie: all Rome did was Steal what "the Church of Ephesus" had already determined
not some Council you linked to

If you would read something other than RCC Propaganda
you would know the Church of Ephesus was the 1st day church

Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write;
These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand,
who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience,
and how thou canst not bear them which are evil:
and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not,
and hast found them liars:

yes, they are fallible and yet some of them were in the church councils that determine the canon of the bible in 3-4ad.

so, you do not trust your church leaders since they are not the apostles. again, you seem to be the authority and not your bible.
If what they teach and do does not past the scriptural tests then I do not trust them. We are told very clearly not to follow every spirit. God determined the canon, not your institution. The scriptures were around before your institution existed.

1 John 4:1

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Obviously misogynists, rapists, fornicators, abusers of children are not the right spirits to follow. Yet your institution knows about them and allows them to stay as leaders. This means those that know are part of the sins. In the Royal Commission the testimony of Pell showed that at least 7+ people knew of what was happening and did nothing. He was reluctant to actual put a number on it, but had to. This means most of your leaders are involved.

No one is to blindly follow evil spirits.

Ram;
the RCC determined nothing of the sort;
all Rome did was Steal what the "Church of Ephesus" had already determined

have you never read

Proverbs 91​
Wisdom hath builded her house,
she hath hewn out her seven pillars:
2 She hath killed her beasts;
she hath mingled her wine;
she hath also furnished her table.
3 She hath sent forth her maidens:
she crieth upon the highest places of the city,
4 Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither:
as for him that wanteth understanding,
she saith to him,
5 Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine
which I have mingled.
6 Forsake the foolish, and live;
---
Stolen waters are sweet,
and that her guests are in the depths of hell.​

Rome;
This is true.

Ignatius was born around 50ad and died in rome between 98 &117ad. It was Peter who appointed Ignatius to the church in antioch. Legend says he was the child jesus took up in his arms (mk9: 35).
Legend says means nothing at all. I mean legend says two brothers Romulus and Remus were raised by wolves.

If what they teach and do does not past the scriptural tests then I do not trust them. We are told very clearly not to follow every spirit. God determined the canon, not your institution. The scriptures were around before your institution existed.

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Obviously misogynists, rapists, fornicators, abusers of children are not the right spirits to follow. Yet your institution knows about them and allows them to stay as leaders. This means those that know are part of the sins. In the Royal Commission the testimony of Pell showed that at least 7+ people knew of what was happening and did nothing. He was reluctant to actual put a number on it, but had to. This means most of your leaders are involved.

like i said before, you are your own authority.

Ram;
I think I see the problem

I said
ie: all Rome did was Steal what "the Church of Ephesus" had already determined
not some Council you linked to

If you would read something other than RCC Propaganda
you would know the Church of Ephesus was the 1st day church

Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write;
These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand,
who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience,
and how thou canst not bear them which are evil:
and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not,
and hast found them liars:
fyi, the church of ephesus is a catholic church.

but not everybody can determine which is true, genuine, and hence inspired.
those who were taught by Jesus and the apostles knew what they taught in person and knew if 'writings' didn't match up. catholics don't even know that.
sorry, catholics knew that and it is the catholic church councils who determined the inspired writings for christians.

wrong. believers go back to the time of CHRIST and His life and sacrifice - that changes our hearts in the rebirth and without that one isn't saved.

and there are catholics on here who don't know about that - the when, where and why of it.

we read and study ot and nt - catholics know almost nothing about either. don't try using those rcc 'talking points' on a believer - we don't fall for those rcc lies. btdt!

all you can do is parrot what it tells you.
your denomination is just an offshoot of the denominations that was the result of the protestant reformation.
well, you have no evidence 'cause all the rcc did was accept what others had already determined. the evidence that the rcc doesn't have the HS is its unbiblical beliefs and teachings.

how does the HS work in your life?
the canon of the bible (especially the new testament) is concrete proof of the guidance of the spirit of truth.
on your side, all you can say are your opinions... no solid, concrete evidence, just hearsay.

the Holy spirit provides the supernatural gifts for one's perfection. these are wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord.
what about you?

Last edited:
balshan said:

like i said before, you are your own authority.
wrong, that'd be catholics who believe men instead of God.

you cannot serve 2 masters God and man. you serve man.

you've made man your authority.

mica said:
but not everybody can determine which is true, genuine, and hence inspired.
they can if they're born again and have the HS.

mica said:
sorry, catholics knew that and it is the catholic church councils who determined the inspired writings for christians.
wrong again. there were no catholics then.

catholics don't know inspired from made up by the rcc.

Christians don't believe what the rcc teaches.

your denomination is just an offshoot of the denominations that was the result of the protestant reformation.
I'm not part of a denom.

thank God for that! didn't a catholic start it?

the canon of the bible (especially the new testament) is concrete proof of the guidance of the spirit of truth.
scripture is... but what the rcc teaches isn't.

on your side, all you can say are your opinions... no solid, concrete evidence, just heresay.
nope, solid evidence right out of scripture.

why can't you post scripture as evidence of what you believe?

Back