The Arminians powerless Jesus.

Lose the insulting tone.
look back at your previous posts to me
Hmm.... "Peter", not "Pierre".
play on name
And nothing about "teaching authority" there.
are you familiar with the significance of key/keys in the OT?
Too bad you are unable to accept correction.
I am when I am wrong
"Stay focused", Arch.
(y) most of the time
Where does the SCRIPTURE teach that?
teach authority? Oh my!
Too bad you are unable to accept correction.
you already said that

What about it? Do explain.
Not saying you, but several protestants that I post with have said 'we all have the keys' from Mt 16.

The keys were given to Peter alone with the ability to bind/loose on the Church... in Mt 18, the other apostles were given the ability to 'bind/loose' [without the keys]

look back at your previous posts to me

So let me get this straight. Romanists feel justified in insulting others by pointing to places where THEY felt insulted.

I guess this shows another example of the Romanists' ignorance of the Bible, when Jesus taught, "turn the other cheek". Again, how can you properly interpret the Bible when you are ignorant of what it says?

are you familiar with the significance of key/keys in the OT?

I am familiar with the Romanist misinterpretation.
But sorry... Asking questions is not a demonstration of citations which show "teaching authority".

So thank you for admitting you have no Scripture to support your false teachings.

I am when I am wrong

(y) most of the time

I agree, you are wrong "most of the time".

teach authority? Oh my!

Yes, that's what we're supposed to be discussing.
"Stay focussed".
It's clear you have difficulty with that.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight. Romanists
right there theo... you can call me arch
feel justified in insulting others
you need to reread your posts to me... I have not insulted you
I guess this shows another example of the Romanists' ignorance of the Bible,
the Church wrote the NT
when Jesus taught, "turn the other cheek"
you have skipped to another verse?
I am familiar with the Romanist misinterpretation.
?
So thank you for admitting
reread for my words saying 'I admit'
Yes, that's what we're supposed to be discussing.
"Stay focussed".
It's clear you have difficulty with that.
you should take your own advice about being divisive

Not saying you, but several protestants that I post with have said 'we all have the keys' from Mt 16.

The keys were given to Peter alone with the ability to bind/loose on the Church... in Mt 18, the other apostles were given the ability to 'bind/loose' [without the keys]
Does it say to pass on those keys?

What's ironic is that they base their entire pope trail back to Peter who was a sinner who was rebuked by Paul for his hypocrisy. So much for the infallibility of the popes unless they think they were above their father Peter who holds those precious keys to the kingdom that was passed down rofl. :)

And it also stumps the sinless perfectionists as well. Peter sinned post Pentecost.

oops....................................
Well the only thing the popes have in common with Peter is Peter’s denial.

Well the only thing the popes have in common with Peter is Peter’s denial.
and fallen sin nature :)

the need for a Savior since they are not.

the need for forgiveness of sins, they have no power to forgive sins- Jesus does.

and many other things we could pile up to show they are only human, not divine , not the vicar on earth.

Do you believe the RCC has the keys, or the pope?
the pope has the keys of overall authority...

CCC 553 Jesus entrusted a specific authority to Peter: "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." The "power of the keys" designates authority to govern the house of God, which is the Church. Jesus, the Good Shepherd, confirmed this mandate after his Resurrection: "Feed my sheep." The power to "bind and loose" connotes the authority to absolve sins, to pronounce doctrinal judgments, and to make disciplinary decisions in the Church. Jesus entrusted this authority to the Church through the ministry of the apostles and in particular through the ministry of Peter, the only one to whom he specifically entrusted the keys of the kingdom.
I’ve heard two different answers.

thanks
thank you for your respectful question

What I don't allow is a wannabe to try to pit scripture against scripture.

Now humble yourself and thank God for giving you understanding by the Spirit. Let's hear it.
Sorry you still don't know what you are talking about

Its you who puts scripture against itself

I harmonize it

What's ironic is that they base their entire pope trail back to Peter who was a sinner who was rebuked by Paul for his hypocrisy.
Yes, they claim Linus was the fist successor.
So much for the infallibility of the popes unless they think they were above their father Peter who holds those precious keys to the kingdom that was passed down rofl. :)
To be fair, they claim the pope is just a man who can sin. And he only speaks infallibly on matters of faith and morals, and only from speaking from his chair.
Even though they claim he is Vicar of Christ.
And it also stumps the sinless perfectionists as well. Peter sinned post Pentecost.

oops....................................
?

Back