The Arminians powerless Jesus.

Now you opened up pandoras box lol.

Did the Apostles jump the gun with their casting of lots or did Jesus have someone else in mind to replace him who wrote half of the N.T. :)

Curious minds want to know. :)
Let's let the giy from the infallible church provide a answer

I’ve noticed through the the past? …. 20 years maybe. A lot of people converted to Catholicism. And in some cases, considering the state of the church, I can’t say I blame them.
I find it interesting to know the reasons why people convert.... I thought it may be the keys of authority or the Eucharist for my wife, but she started her journey through the understanding of the 'seasons' of the Church

I find it interesting to know the reasons why people convert.... I thought it may be the keys of authority or the Eucharist for my wife, but she started her journey through the understanding of the 'seasons' of the Church
Lots of people want something real, they will go after what they believe to be real, and genuine.

look at what the world shows as Christianity.
Think about, Benny Hinn, T D Jakes, Joyce Meyer, Joel Osteen and many more.
Besides Osteen preaching his feel good prosperity false gospel, all the others here are a complete joke and false teachers.
Since they have a large crowd shows many are deceived and don't even know the gospel.

So, someone out there that has a half a brain, considering the RCC who take things serious, wouldn’t they convert?

Im not saying I agree with Catholic doctrine. But if those were the only two choices I’d be attending a Catholic Church .

Yes you can? So this discussion is over then. You would not thank him for something that is not true. The things of God are understood by the Spirit just as it says. We are in agreement.
No the discussion is not over

The things of God the Spirit gave to the apostles to preach and write down, God made man with the ability to understand and he helps those he saves to further understand the word. Yet there there are basics which must be understood before one has the Spirit

No the discussion is not over

The things of God the Spirit gave to the apostles to preach and write down, God made man with the ability to understand and he helps those he saves to further understand the word. Yet there there are basics which must be understood before one has the Spirit
Sorry, 2 Corinthians does not mention that it is the apostles exclusively who the Spirit reveals the things of God to.

Does this mean they could not understand the things of God but you can?? Try something different. Quit insulting 2000 year old dead apostles

Where did you get the idea the bible is a manual?
You want to add to the Bible, correct.
You make my point for me.
some are in imperfect communion with this Church
All who are not His sheep do not know
I am following the early Church because that is the Church that Christ established.
You are not. by your own admission you add to the word of God.
You are following men who have deviated a long long time ago. They and not Christ are your masters.

So Arch, it is clear that your faith rests in men, your ccc and your intellect, and not in the power of God. Perhaps you want to claim that Peter's faith rested in God but his "successors" faith rested in Peter. I can tell you that looking at the history of your church, it is enough evidence to show that the faith of your Popes (Like the Borgia Pope) rested in the Devil and not in the Power of God.

Your claim that your church is the one established as per Acts is thoroughly debunked just by looking at its depraved history.

You want to add to the Bible, correct.
Incorrect
You make my point for me.
you haven't made a point yet
All who are not His sheep do not know
indeed
by your own admission you add to the word of God.
I never admitted what you falsely claim
You are following men
obedience to Christ's Church....

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the RULE OVER YOU, and SUBMIT yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Lk 10:16 Whoever listens to you listens to ME. Whoever rejects you rejects me. And whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me.

They are men that Christ appointed as leaders of His Church.
So Arch, it is clear that your faith rests in men
Christ and His hierarchical Church

Incorrect

indeed

You say the Bible is not a manual. What instructions do you want to add Arch! That successors sit on a throne like a King having their rings kissed!

So yes Arch, you and your church have added much to what the Bible actually teaches.
There you go, admitting you are not obedient to Christ but to men, no matter how corrupt they are.
Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the RULE OVER YOU, and SUBMIT yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Lk 10:16 Whoever listens to you listens to ME. Whoever rejects you rejects me. And whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me.

I can agree with those in these scriptures. As to your claim that Christ appointed a totally depraved leader like the Borgia pope and that we should follow him is just absurd.

BTW, here is good instruction as to what a leader should be:
1Ti 3:1 The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task.
1Ti 3:2 Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,
1Ti 3:3 not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money.
1Ti 3:4 He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive,
1Ti 3:5 for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church?
1Ti 3:6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become puffed up with conceit and fall into the condemnation of the devil.
1Ti 3:7 Moreover, he must be well thought of by outsiders, so that he may not fall into disgrace, into a snare of the devil.

How do your Popes stack up against these instructions. The answer is they don't.

So don't try and pretend that these guys were chosen as leaders by Christ. No one with a brain is falling for that nonsense.
And you think you qualify to bring good news to the lost, when you accuse Christ of appointing depraved godless men like your Borgia pope and others like him as head of Christ's church.

You say the Bible is not a manual.
(y)
What instructions do you want to add Arch!
'whatever you bind....' continues through the centuries
So yes Arch, you and your church have added much to what the Bible actually teaches.
The Church is a living hierarchical community.
I can agree with those in these scriptures.
(y)
So don't try and pretend that these guys were chosen as leaders by Christ.
Your lack of faith is noted
And you think you qualify to bring good news to the lost
Are you lost Manfred?

(y)

'whatever you bind....' continues through the centuries

The Church is a living hierarchical community.

(y)

Your lack of faith is noted

Are you lost Manfred?
Nonsensical useless response.

You think whatever you bind, means add to the scriptures whatever you feel like.
Absurd

You think the Church is the hedonistic RCC with it's hedonistic Popes and expect people to believe it is hierarchical
Absurd

You think I lack faith when I quote scripture that shows the qualities a leader should have and compare it to your hedonistic leaders.
Absurd.

You ask if I am lost, when your role models are people like the Borgia Pope and his hedonistic ways.
How absurd. It is obvious you are lost along with said role models.

You are running away from:
Arch Stanton said:
Incorrect

indeed

You say the Bible is not a manual. What instructions do you want to add Arch! That successors sit on a throne like a King having their rings kissed!

Arch Stanton said:
There you go, admitting you are not obedient to Christ but to men, no matter how corrupt they are.
Arch Stanton said:

I can agree with those in these scriptures. As to your claim that Christ appointed a totally depraved leader like the Borgia pope and that we should follow him is just absurd.

BTW, here is good instruction as to what a leader should be:
1Ti 3:1 The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task.
1Ti 3:2 Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,
1Ti 3:3 not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money.
1Ti 3:4 He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive,
1Ti 3:5 for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church?
1Ti 3:6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become puffed up with conceit and fall into the condemnation of the devil.
1Ti 3:7 Moreover, he must be well thought of by outsiders, so that he may not fall into disgrace, into a snare of the devil.

How do your Popes stack up against these instructions. The answer is they don't.

So don't try and pretend that these guys were chosen as leaders by Christ. No one with a brain is falling for that nonsense.
Arch Stanton said:
And you think you qualify to bring good news to the lost, when you accuse Christ of appointing depraved godless men like your Borgia pope and others like him as head of Christ's church.

Back