The official interpreter of scripture

The pillar and foundation of the truth is the official interpreter because why else would it be called that?

Can you direct us to whatever dictionary you're using that allegedly defines "pillar" or "foundation" as "official interpreter"?

Then Jesus' prayer "that they may be one as We are One" can never happen.

Sure it can.
You're just not part of the "they".

But your argument is faulty, since "Be ye perfect" likewise can't happen this side of heaven.

Can Jesus' prayer to the Father never happen? No. One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism (Eph 4:5). So what does that say about the statement above, of having no official interpreter? It is False.

Where does Scripture speak of an "official interpreter"?

If the Pope/Catholic church is not the official interpreter of scripture then who is?

The only way the these issues to be settled between Christians it to appeal to the official interpreter of scripture, right? The we don't have an official interpreter of scripture then the issues will never be settled.

So who is the official interpreter of scripture?
The Holy Spirit, do you agree or disagree ?

"But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. "And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged. "I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. "He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. "All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you. "(John 16:7-15).

The Holy Spirit below does things that only a person can do,

He leads (Matt. 4:1).
He is called God (Acts 5:3-4).
He helps and comforts (John 14:16, 16:7).
He convicts of sin (John 16:17).
He gives testimony of Jesus (John 15:26).
He teaches, guides and brings to remembrance (John 14:26, 16:13).
He speaks and instructs (Acts 8:29; 10:19; John 16:13).
He hears and speaks (John 16:13, Acts 28:25-27).
He can be lied to and tested (Acts 5:3-4,9).
He sends and gives life (Acts 13:4, John 3:6, Gen 1:3).
He is a witness (Acts 5:32)
He restrains (2 Thess. 2:7).
He prevents (Acts 16:6-7).
The Spirit "said" to Philip and Peter(Acts 8:29, 10:19).
Peter said he was "told" by the Spirit (Acts 11:12).
The Holy Spirit "solemnly testifies" (Acts 20:23).
He made some of the early Christians overseers to shepherd the Church. (Acts 20:28).
He wills (Acts 13:2).
He interprets our prayers (Rom. 8:26).
He knows and communicates (1 Cor. 2:11; Rom. 8:27).
He reveals (Eph. 3:5).
He has a will-He decides, chooses and distributes the Gifts to the church (1 Cor. 12:11).
He can be grieved (Eph. 4:30).

hope this helps !!!

Just like Jesus taught - The Holy Spirit John 16:13. If a Catholic would bother to actually read the Bible without their Catechism in the other hand, they'd know that - and how about 1 John 2:27. That's in the Bible too.
All the various different religions. Christian or otherwise, each claim the truth. Which one it the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic truth? How do you know knowledge you claim is "True" and equally important how am I to know that? If you claim the Holy Spirit directs you then why does He direct me to a different truth?

JoeT

wrong, you don't understand His word or accept it as truth. you only believe the words of thr rcc. your heart is hardened against His truth.
The Catholic Church says that the bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ.

Scripture says that the bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ.

The truth isn't scripture?

And now you're going back to teaching that Jesus claimed to be an ACTUAL door, and an ACTUAL vine.

And God has ACTUAL wings with ACTUAL feathers.

You can't just arbitrarily pick and choose when something can be symbolic, and when it can't be.
No one teaches that Jesus is an actual door or vine.

The Holy Spirit, do you agree or disagree ?

"But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. "And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged. "I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. "He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. "All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you. "(John 16:7-15).

The Holy Spirit below does things that only a person can do,

He leads (Matt. 4:1).
He is called God (Acts 5:3-4).
He helps and comforts (John 14:16, 16:7).
He convicts of sin (John 16:17).
He gives testimony of Jesus (John 15:26).
He teaches, guides and brings to remembrance (John 14:26, 16:13).
He speaks and instructs (Acts 8:29; 10:19; John 16:13).
He hears and speaks (John 16:13, Acts 28:25-27).
He can be lied to and tested (Acts 5:3-4,9).
He sends and gives life (Acts 13:4, John 3:6, Gen 1:3).
He is a witness (Acts 5:32)
He restrains (2 Thess. 2:7).
He prevents (Acts 16:6-7).
The Spirit "said" to Philip and Peter(Acts 8:29, 10:19).
Peter said he was "told" by the Spirit (Acts 11:12).
The Holy Spirit "solemnly testifies" (Acts 20:23).
He made some of the early Christians overseers to shepherd the Church. (Acts 20:28).
He wills (Acts 13:2).
He interprets our prayers (Rom. 8:26).
He knows and communicates (1 Cor. 2:11; Rom. 8:27).
He reveals (Eph. 3:5).
He has a will-He decides, chooses and distributes the Gifts to the church (1 Cor. 12:11).
He can be grieved (Eph. 4:30).

hope this helps !!!
Thanks for sharing. The problem is Christians don't agree on different issues so if the Holy Spirit is the official interpreter of scripture how do we find out what that official interpretation is?

Thanks for sharing. The problem is Christians don't agree on different issues so if the Holy Spirit is the official interpreter of scripture how do we find out what that official interpretation is?
From Scripture and seeing if our beliefs line up with the truth contained in Scripture.

I'm deconstructing/reconstructing some of my beliefs in light of the Triune nature of God and seeing how those doctrine line up with the character and nature of God. It doesn't matter what church, denomination, protestant or catholic. The question we should be asking ourselves is whether or not our beliefs are found in scripture or are we basing those beliefs on many scriptures that confirm a truth. Is this passage that is somewhat vague and does it have many other passages that support our interpretation of that "vague" passage.

One example for instance would be Matthew 16:18- And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Are there other scriptures that validate the Catholic interpretation of this passage or is this an isolated text to support a foundational doctrine of the church ( RCC ). Its these kinds of questions one should be asking themselves to see if the bible actually teaches what the "church" has been telling them for centuries.

hope this helps !!!

From Scripture and seeing if our beliefs line up with the truth contained in Scripture.

I'm deconstructing/reconstructing some of my beliefs in light of the Triune nature of God and seeing how those doctrine line up with the character and nature of God. It doesn't matter what church, denomination, protestant or catholic. The question we should be asking ourselves where is our beliefs found in scripture and are we basing those beliefs on many scriptures that confirm a truth or on a passage that is vague and doesn't have many other passages that support our interpretation of that "vague" passage.

One example for instance would be Matthew 16:18- And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Are there other scriptures that validate the Catholic interpretation of this passage or is this an isolated text to support a foundational doctrine of the church ( RCC ). Its these kinds of questions one should be asking themselves to see if the bible actually teaches what the "church" has been telling them for centuries.

hope this helps !!!
Another is just what salvation means!

Sorry but Christians don't agree.

E.g.
Scripture
- says that the bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ

Catholics, Orthodox
- say that the bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ

Christians
- say that the bread and wine are not the body and blood of Christ

Christians are not in agreement with scripture.
That's what happens when you deny Sola Scriptura, and try to replace it with a self-proclaimed "authority".

Because Lord Jesus was once and for all times sacrificed once for sins, not every time mass is done!
But scripture says that the bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ, Catholics say that the bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ - Christians say that it is not. Who is correct?

No, I went to the word of God. The word of God says that the bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ. What else do we have besides the word of God?
For you and the other Catholics on here? The word of Rome: first, last, and always. Roma uber alles!

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

Back