Apologetics Against Eastern Religions

Waldensian Knight

Does anyone have any good sources for Christian apologetics against Eastern religions? A lot of my friends are Buddhists and at one point I was considering becoming a Buddhist.

Does anyone have any good sources for Christian apologetics against Eastern religions? A lot of my friends are Buddhists and at one point I was considering becoming a Buddhist.
Why would anyone entertain the thought of joining a powerless, finite, severely handicapped and intellectually impotent man-made religion?

Just curious, not trying to be mean

For starters. Ask your friends: Please name just one multi-detailed prophecy that came from Buddha and then explain how each and every detail of that prophecy was filled.

Why would anyone entertain the thought of joining a powerless, finite, severely handicapped and intellectually impotent man-made religion?
Yes -- like the trinity one.

For starters. Ask your friends: Please name just one multi-detailed prophecy that came from Buddha and then explain how each and every detail of that prophecy was filled.
Enlightenment is the way of Buddha. Enlightenment is the way of Christ as well. Even Jesus was enlightened in Matt 3:16 wasn't he? 120 was in an upper room, so was Adam, Gen 3:22, so was Abraham, Moses, and others, and all today who has been by God Himself.

And when, or if, you ever see Him as He is ye shall be like Him to. 1 John 3. Something you might ponder for enlightenment yourself. You dont have a clue what this is all about that is very obvious.

Depends on what flavor of Buddhism they follow. The one truest to the early teachings make it more of a philosophy and worldview than a religion. The Eightfold Path can be related to Christianity, for example, Right View would be that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life and only through Him comes salvation. Right Aspiration comes from honoring God and following His teachings and not giving into flesh desires of strife and conflict. Etc. As a philosophy, it isn't that big of an issue or no worse than the links between other philosophies and Christianity.

Depends on what flavor of Buddhism they follow. The one truest to the early teachings make it more of a philosophy and worldview than a religion. The Eightfold Path can be related to Christianity, for example, Right View would be that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life and only through Him comes salvation. Right Aspiration comes from honoring God and following His teachings and not giving into flesh desires of strife and conflict. Etc. As a philosophy, it isn't that big of an issue or no worse than the links between other philosophies and Christianity.
It all is about how one views things. Perspective covers a huge spectrum for beliefs doesnt it?

It all is about how one views things. Perspective covers a huge spectrum for beliefs doesnt it?
For the Christian, as long as it is based on the solid foundation of the Bible (and not just bits & pieces), then yes, it does depend on how one views things. For example, if one claims Christ was a Buddha, then one is in error from a Christian perspective.
This is part of the judge not, lest ye be judged lesson, which isn't a call to refrain from all judgment.
This is part of discernment, so that one can know what is true and what is false.

For the Christian, as long as it is based on the solid foundation of the Bible (and not just bits & pieces), then yes, it does depend on how one views things. For example, if one claims Christ was a Buddha, then one is in error from a Christian perspective.
Agreed, I was only stating that enlightenment is knowledge no matter what the enlightenment is.
This is part of the judge not, lest ye be judged lesson, which isn't a call to refrain from all judgment.
This is part of discernment, so that one can know what is true and what is false.
Also agreed. We are our own judge. All we have to do is compare our lives with that of Jesus and if our life doesnt line up with his and the standards he set for himself and to be exactlyy as he was in the Father then one knows very well if he actually follows the ways of Jesus to be like him in Christ or not, which is to be Gods anointed and either you are anointed of God, Christ in you, or you are not.

As I said we are our own judge and it is easy to see who is like Jesus was in the Father and who isn't simply by what come out from the mouth.

I think Buddhism's doctrine of Nirvana appeals to a lot of people, but personally I'm satisfied being one with myself--the rest of the universe is optional. I agree that Buddhism has little power beyond what people can do, so it seems like folly to think it's anything more.
Are you comparing some Buddhist doctrine with Isaiah 53, perhaps? Christianity and Buddhism are so different that it's hard to compare them. I suppose personal preference governs such a choice.

I think Buddhism's doctrine of Nirvana appeals to a lot of people, but personally I'm satisfied being one with myself--the rest of the universe is optional. I agree that Buddhism has little power beyond what people can do, so it seems like folly to think it's anything more.
I’m not sure what you mean by being one with yourself. But yes, you’re right, Buddhism has little (no) power because it’s simply just another errant human philosophy of denial.
Are you comparing some Buddhist doctrine with Isaiah 53, perhaps? Christianity and Buddhism are so different that it's hard to compare them. I suppose personal preference governs such a choice.
Yes, the differences between the 2 are significant and stark—one is a false belief and the other is the only true one.

Answer the question, Gary Mac, because you are the only one who has implied that receiving Satanic enlightenment is acceptable.

God bless.
What a lie!

Everything Jesus presented that you should be and perfect as God in heaven is perfect, with He in you and you in Him as one as Jesus prayed to our God for you to be, and have His same mind the mind of Christ Gods anointing and walk in it as He walks in it, actually is satanic for you as you just stated, and you have accepted the lies that you cant be like Him is all.

That is why you see the way of Christ as satanic.

Enlightenment can be anything that knowledge reveals.
What a lie!

Everything Jesus presented that you should be and perfect as God in heaven is perfect, with He in you and you in Him as one as Jesus prayed to our God for you to be, and have His same mind the mind of Christ Gods anointing and walk in it as He walks in it, actually is satanic for you as you just stated, and you have accepted the lies that you cant be like Him is all.

That is why you see the way of Christ as satanic.

Who do you assemble with, Gary Mac?

God bless.

Who do you assemble with, Gary Mac?

God bless.
Well lets see. I went to my doctor who did surgery on my shoulder few days ago, fellowshipped with him and gave him one of my pieces of art work and invited him over to have supper with us, so he took up my offer and will come in a future date to fellowship at my daughters with them as well and go swimming in their pool.

How about you who do you fellowship with? If I were to guess I bet is from a pew?

I was a nominal Christian living in Asia who thought that the Buddha was a very good person and I liked Buddhist temples.

That was years ago and I am now a true Christian.

Back