A retraction ...

And notice all the dodgers who flee when I ask :

where does the Holy Spirit show anger, justice , wrath towards the Father like He does with love?

? ? ?

blinded by the ? Light. It’s an intellectual faith for many much like the Pharisees.
Of course there can be no wrath within the trinity

He said, "love relates to Gods innate character/Being within the Triune relationship between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. wrath does not and did not exist until sin came into the picture."

IOW, God changed at the fall.

original post
Seems you me you are arguing against your assumptions of what his words must entail

His words are plain to read by everyone.

Tell me, what does, "wrath does not and did not exist until sin came into the picture."

Clearly it means the existence of God's wrath had a beginning.

Did God have a beginning?
But there is nothing there about wrath being an attribute of God

You have to assume he believes that to make your argument

And notice all the dodgers who flee when I ask :

where does the Holy Spirit show anger, justice , wrath towards the Father like He does with love?

? ? ?

blinded by the ? Light. It’s an intellectual faith for many much like the Pharisees.
Wrath between the persons of the Trinity never existed. I told you that a few days ago. ?

I also told you that does not preclude wrath as an etetnal attribute of God.

If you'd quit running away, you'd know that. ?

Last edited:
I have gone on record saying Gods love in an innate attribute within the Trinity and wrath cannot be one . Wrath cannot exist within the Triunity of Gods nature/ character . Love can. Wrath is for man , not God. Love is both within God , for God and for man.

But this will be my last time explaining it on this forum . We have the Trinity forum for discussion Gods attributes and I cleared this up in great detail with the psalm 22 thread as you witnessed and were a part of that discussion
Are you angry with bullying? I'm sure that you are; however, that anger has no expression, where there is no bullying. This is also the case with God's anger - where there is no sin, there is no expression of God's innate anger against sin.

But there is nothing there about wrath being an attribute of God

You have to assume he believes that to make your argument
And you have to assume wrath is not an attribute of God in order to defend @Chalcedon ... ?

Wrath is an attribute of God, as Grudem rightly says, just as wrath is an attribute of you and me and everyone.

Can't wait to hear how you'll deny that. ?

Last edited:
Are you angry with bullying? I'm sure that you are; however, that anger has no expression, where there is no bullying. This is also the case with God's anger - where there is no sin, there is no expression of God's innate anger against sin.
I already stated to @Chalcedon that God's eternal wrath was disclosed at the fall.

Chalcedon, of course, ignored that ...

Last edited:
It was pointed out to me by @Chalcedon that I made a false claim about him, here, at this post.

That is a typo and should read: "Chalcedon says God's attribute of wrath is NOT INNATE, or INBORN, rather he says God's wrath was acquired at the fall."

However, if God acquired the attribute of wrath at the fall, as @Chalcedon says, then Chalcedon's position renders God, MUTABLE, which is not scriptural.

Sorry for typo.
Amen!

Back