Effectual Calling

Above is the words of a scripture twister.

What people like f1tom are saying is that God dresses you up in swimming trunks, flippers, mask, snorkel....and then all you have to do is jump into the water. No pushing allowed.
Above are the words of someone who will not deal with scriptural exegesis so he makes up analogies

and makes no attempt to prove his claim of scripture twisting

I like particular redemption or effectual atonement. Effectual calling is good too. Limited atonement doesn't seem to mean much now. Maybe we could come up with a different acronym like TACOS

I like particular redemption or effectual atonement. Effectual calling is good too. Limited atonement doesn't seem to mean much now. Maybe we could come up with a different acronym like TACOS
Particular redemption is limited atonement

effectual calling - irresistible grace

Above are the words of someone who will not deal with scriptural exegesis so he makes up analogies

and makes no attempt to prove his claim of scripture twisting
Dude, in previous post you said God has to act in a persons life....then they must choose.

My analogy showed just that.

What people like f1tom are saying is that God dresses you up in swimming trunks, flippers, mask, snorkel....and then all you have to do is jump into the water. No pushing allowed.

Free willers

Define those who are "free willers"!
think they can overpower God, by their own power, and choices.
Please provide your sources that demonstrate this accusation.

Their Pelagian view has been condemned by more church councils in history than any other.
Again, who is "Their", and by what standard is their being deemed "Pelagian" deduced.

There cannot provide any Scriptural teaching on the Fall of man or sin, they think this is absurd and false.
Please provide your sources that demonstrate this accusation.

They do not believe man is totally depraved and corrupted by sin.
Again, to whom does "they" refer?

Though any John Wesley teaches this, oddly enough.
Yes, John Wesley taught TD and our corruption by sin!

They believe fallen man doesn't need to be regenerated by the Spirit to believe, instead sinful rebellious man can believe on his own.
This is true for a minority of those who believe in free will/faith before regeneration. The large majority, especially those of us who are Arminian in our foundations, do not espouse "sinful rebellious man can believe on his own."

Doug

Dude, in previous post you said God has to act in a persons life....then they must choose.

Poor analogy

One does not need those things to jump in the water

And then take credit for the trunks, flippers. mask, and the snorkel. "Those are mine"

Poor analogy

One does not need those things to jump in the water
face palm.....those things represent God drawing you....how he has organized moments in your life to see Jesus.

In your theology God is reaching down from heaven...all you got to do is stretch out your arm and grab him with your hand...SAVED!!!! Wahoo!!!

Or could reality be....God is reaching down from heaven, and has to grab you.

face palm.....those things represent God drawing you....how he has organized moments in your life to see Jesus.

In your theology God is reaching down from heaven...all you got to do is stretch out your arm and grab him with your hand...SAVED!!!! Wahoo!!!

Or could reality be....God is reaching down from heaven, and has to grab you.

Except all those things are things anyone can supply for themselves

and so you mispresent my position

As I told you deal with scripture

as if you do not deal with the scriptures you are not dealing with my view

And then take credit for the trunks, flippers. mask, and the snorkel. "Those are mine"
There might be a hint of works.

Anyways, the "free-will" thinker would say.....even though God has provided you the trunks, flippers. mask and snorkel and has you standing on the edge of the water....and you might be ready to jump..

TWEEEEEEEEEEET, TWEEEEEEEEET, get away from the edge of the pool...it's grown-up swim time now.

There might be a hint of works.

Anyways, the "free-will" thinker would say.....even though God has provided you the trunks, flippers. mask and snorkel and has you standing on the edge of the water....and you might be ready to jump..

TWEEEEEEEEEEET, TWEEEEEEEEET, get away from the edge of the pool...it's grown-up swim time now.
Deal with scripture

Faith is not a work

Romans 4:4–5 (KJV 1900)
4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Except all those things are things anyone can supply for themselves

Ohhhhhh OK....now your saying God is not needed to participate in your salvation?
and so you mispresent my position

No, I'm dead on. Then again perhaps I have mispresented your position..as you now seem to be drifting into the position salvation is pretty much you.
As I told you deal with scripture

Oh, but I have.

Keep in mind anyone can cut and paste scripture out of context. Heck, you claim we do it all the time....and you have the only correct context.
as if you do not deal with the scriptures you are not dealing with my view
What people like f1tom are saying is that God dresses you up in swimming trunks, flippers, mask, snorkel....and then all you have to do is jump into the water. No pushing allowed

Back