15+ Dead In Texas School Shooting; 18-y.o. student Salvador Ramos Identified As Shooter

Not at all. The sentiment behind the bulk of the commandments is fine, because they reflect human values. What is wrong with them is not their provenance, which anyway I dispute as unlikely, but the claim by men, that other men should not bring them up to date because God handed them down, and also that because God handed them down, no other laws are necessary.
Do tell, what should be "updated"? I can't wait for this pile of drivel.

We'll you prove once again you're a concrete thinker. That may be a result of what's between your ears.

Will if laws and rights come from man and Hitler was a man and the man in charge then there is no basis upon which to question his opinion. He was in charge and he made the rules. Case closed.
He was judged by other men. His followers were hanged by other men because they broke the international laws that other men decided were right. Your position is that of the Taliban, rules are what we say God decreed. The only difference is that you and the Taliban differ on which God is doing the decreeing.

Humans are all we've got. What do you propose, dolphins? I trust humans acting as humans rather more than humans claiming to act on behalf of whatever God they personally believe in
Wrong again. Humans are a flawed creation, Nd I do not trust them to do the right thing.

He was judged by other men. His followers were hanged by other men because they broke the international laws that other men decided were right. Your position is that of the Taliban, rules are what we say God decreed. The only difference is that you and the Taliban differ on which God is doing the decreeing.
Hanged after killing 6 million people

Wrong again. Humans are a flawed creation, Nd I do not trust them to do the right thing.
The is an important point. I dont trust men to do the right thing even though they sometimes do the right thing, how often are we surprised when they actually do.

Then I say again, what is your alternative? However flawed, humans are what we have. All we can do is put safeguards in place that stops a rogue person or small group from hijacking the popular agenda.

Then I say again, what is your alternative? However flawed, humans are what we have. All we can do is put safeguards in place that stops a rogue person or small group from hijacking the popular agenda.
Based on what rationale? If you have your opinion and I have mine and they are all equal then how do you determine who the "rogue person" is? Maybe it's you?

My alternative is God. Anything from a human base standpoint will fail in one way or another

Based on what rationale? If you have your opinion and I have mine and they are all equal then how do you determine who the "rogue person" is? Maybe it's you?
Who said that our opinions are equal? You are clearly talking through your backside.
My alternative is God. Anything from a human base standpoint will fail in one way or another
Your alternative is YOUR God, whose standpoint is interpreted by you and people like you. In other words, just another bunch of untrustworthy humans. The only difference is that you have no confidence in the good sense or popularity of the agenda you propose, so you claim divine provenance for it. Not very convincing, I'm afraid. Let's stick to humans who are at least honest about where their ideas come from.

Who said that our opinions are equal? You are clearly talking through your backside.
Your alternative is YOUR God, whose standpoint is interpreted by you and people like you. In other words, just another bunch of untrustworthy humans. The only difference is that you have no confidence in the good sense or popularity of the agenda you propose, so you claim divine provenance for it. Not very convincing, I'm afraid. Let's stick to humans who are at least honest about where their ideas come from.
We've been through the equal opinion discussion but you don't seem to be able to comprehend it.

No let's not stick to humans as they have failed at every turn. The last thing any person needs is Brandon or piglosi deciding what's moral. God help us

God as defined by you? A God that just happens to agree with you on just about everything? And you say we should follow this God of yours?

We've been through the equal opinion discussion but you don't seem to be able to comprehend it.

No let's not stick to humans as they have failed at every turn. The last thing any person needs is Brandon or piglosi deciding what's moral. God help us
Yes certain humans are completely unable to refer to political opponents by their actual names, preferring nasty pejoratives. And then somehow they expect polite responses.

Yes certain humans are completely unable to refer to political opponents by their actual names, preferring nasty pejoratives. And then somehow they expect polite responses.
No I don't expect polite responses from you I get what I always expect from you, intellectually lazy tired old talking points. You NEVER look at your own behavior and think you can say and do whatever you like and people will just take it. If you haven't noticed by now you never will, I won't sit back and take the leftist garbage. I will heap it right back on you. So if you want something different try something different. Do look at me looks t you. You don't control what I do you only control what you do.

Back