How 'bout dis?

I'm a big fan of TAGS.
A few months ago we dropped our cable and watch apps on our smart TV’s. TAGS has a channel on the Pluto app. We’ve watched it so much I can tell which episode it is within 5-10 seconds of it coming on in most cases. We only watch the B & W shows as Barney Fife made that show what it is.

All that means is that God is in control over everything.
And that's not a bad thing.

Man has no "entitlement" to have faith, so God has done no wrong if He doesn't give them faith.
God is not culpable for those faithless and lost yet He would be if He alone controlled who has or has no faith. God is never culpa ble for those who are lost the lost are culpable for their own decisions
No, it does NOT make God "unjust". Men are not condemned for "not believing", they are condemned for the SINS they willingly committed. So God is PERFECTLY just.
Yes it does. If God alone, solely controls/decides which men will or will not have faith, then God IS culpable for the faithless. Cannot give God 100% control and man 0% control then justly, rightly blame man. That's like condemning a man born without legs for not walking, condemning a man born blind for not seeing.
Nope, that's not God being a "respecter of persons", since God doesn't give faith to man "with respect" to anything in the man. He gives men faith according to HIS good will and pleasure.
If God alone controls who does or does not have faith, then God in every sense of the phrase "respecter of persons" is showing respect to those whom He gave faith to over those He did not.
Quite the contrary, God saving people based on their autonomous faith would make God a respecter of persons, since He would be saving them "with respect to" their faith.
It's about who is doing the choosing......if man chooses for himself to believe or not, then God is not showing respect of person for anyone when man chooses for himself. God has made belief a necessity to salvation but God does not choose which men will or will not be in the group of believers and the group of non-believers therefore God is not showing respect of persons as to which group each person for himself chooses to be in.

Peter said in the context those who fear God and work righteousness are necessary to being accepted with God. Since God does not choose for men which ones will or will not work righteousness then God is not showing respect of persons. Since each person chooses for himself to work righteousness or not then AS PETER SAYS, that means God is no respecter of person contrary to what you claim.
And once again, while Calvinists use SCRIPTURE to determine our doctrines, enemies of God use human sinful rationalization to reject the teachings of God.
There is no scripture that states the only way man can have faith is if God 'gives' it to him. In my "other points of consideration" thread shows the fallacy of that idea.
That is NOT what Scriptiure teaches.
The fact that you have to twist Scripture to make it fit your theology proves your theology false.
The fact you make God culpable for the faithless and respecter of persons proves your theology wrong.

A few months ago we dropped our cable and watch apps on our smart TV’s. TAGS has a channel on the Pluto app. We’ve watched it so much I can tell which episode it is within 5-10 seconds of it coming on in most cases. We only watch the B & W shows as Barney Fife made that show what it is.
I have seen every episode maybe hundreds of times but never grown tired of it. I still laugh at the jokes even though I already know them by heart.

I have seen every episode maybe hundreds of times but never grown tired of it. I still laugh at the jokes even though I already know them by heart.
Same thing when I watch What about Bob movie :)

God is not culpable for those faithless and lost

Correct.

yet He would be if He alone controlled who has or has no faith.

Incorrect.

God is never culpa ble for those who are lost the lost are culpable for their own decisions

Correct.

Yes it does.

No it doesn't.

If God alone, solely controls/decides which men will or will not have faith, then God IS culpable for the faithless.

Incorrect.

Cannot give God 100% control and man 0% control then justly, rightly blame man.

Certainly He can.

Rom. 9:20 But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?” 21 Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? 22 What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23 in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory— 24 even us whom he has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles?

That's like condemning a man born without legs for not walking, condemning a man born blind for not seeing.

Worthless rationalization.

If God alone controls who does or does not have faith, then God in every sense of the phrase "respecter of persons" is showing respect to those whom He gave faith to over those He did not.

Incorrect.

It's about who is doing the choosing......if man chooses for himself to believe or not, then God is not showing respect of person for anyone when man chooses for himself.

That is an errant understanding of "respecter of persons".

God has made belief a necessity to salvation but God does not choose which men will or will not be in the group of believers

Yes, God does choose. That is the message from Genesis to Revelation.
Do a study on "choose", "chosen", and "elect".

and the group of non-believers therefore God is not showing respect of persons as to which group each person for himself chooses to be in.

No, because as I already explained to you (please pay attention, I don't like having to repeat myself) God being "a respecter of persons" means that God's choice is based on something a person is or does. It is the belief that God chooses for salvation those who believe that makes God "a respecter of persons".

As Rom. 9 says, God makes from the SAME lump of clay vessels for honour, and vessels for dishonour.

Peter said in the context those who fear God and work righteousness are necessary to being accepted with God.

Wrong context.
Scripture throughout teaches that salvation is "not by works" (Eph. 2:8-9, Tit. 3:5, 2 Tim. 1:9, Rom. 4:1-6, 9:11-13, 11:5-6, etc. etc.)

God is not culpable for those faithless and lost yet He would be if He alone controlled who has or has no faith. God is never culpa ble for those who are lost the lost are culpable for their own decisions

Yes it does. If God alone, solely controls/decides which men will or will not have faith, then God IS culpable for the faithless. Cannot give God 100% control and man 0% control then justly, rightly blame man. That's like condemning a man born without legs for not walking, condemning a man born blind for not seeing.

It's about who is doing the choosing......if man chooses for himself to believe or not, then God is not showing respect of person for anyone when man chooses for himself. God has made belief a necessity to salvation but God does not choose which men will or will not be in the group of believers and the group of non-believers therefore God is not showing respect of persons as to which group each person for himself chooses to be in.

Peter said in the context those who fear God and work righteousness are necessary to being accepted with God. Since God does not choose for men which ones will or will not work righteousness then God is not showing respect of persons. Since each person chooses for himself to work righteousness or not then AS PETER SAYS, that means God is no respecter of person contrary to what you claim.

There is no scripture that states the only way man can have faith is if God 'gives' it to him. In my "other points of consideration" thread shows the fallacy of that idea.

The fact you make God culpable for the faithless and respecter of persons proves your theology wrong.
Indeed if God controls all then God if the ultimate cause of sin and unbelief

There is no escaping it

Indeed if God controls all then God if the ultimate cause of sin and unbelief

There is no escaping it
It’s the only logical conclusion, one has to throw logic out the window to argue otherwise but as we know it’s exactly what the do.

I am not deflecting and I’m seeing an avoidance of answering my question. The light is our good works, and even those are ordained/prepared beforehand by God that we would walk in them. So even our good works come from God and not us.
What question would you like answered? I thought I was thorough and answered all of yours.

The metaphor of light in Matt 5 is more than good works. The light is our sincere faith and love of God and others, which results in the good deeds that we do. From our sincere faith and love of God and others, we live a holy life separate from the world. We live to please God by faith and be at peace with Him and enjoy our relationship with Him. We strive to obey Him and live righteously. From this light that we shine-the God approved life we live before man-they see how we live, the good things we do and our Father is glorified. Jesus does not do these things for us. This is the life that our Lord said for us to live. It is the core of His teachings. These things we must do.

And yes, "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." I have already agreed that God is the source of Godliness, but that doesn't mean He does them for you. You must "let your light shine before others". This requires your willingness and effort to live to the Spirit's leading daily.

Let me ask you do you fail in following God's desires? Have you chosen to entertain the worldliness of the flesh and deny the Godliness of God? Oh, yes, we all have. So you see, it is up to us to let our light shine before others. It is up to us to live to the Spirit in every part of our life and not to the flesh. We are involved brother. There is no way around it.

So let us do as our Lord instructed and let our light shine before others.

As for faith, you must use it or it is useless. All good things come from God. But that doesn't mean we partake in them as God desires. It requires us to be involved and live as God desires. And this takes our willingness.

God bless

No, because as I already explained to you (please pay attention, I don't like having to repeat myself) God being "a respecter of persons" means that God's choice is based on something a person is or does. It is the belief that God chooses for salvation those who believe that makes God "a respecter of persons".

As Rom. 9 says, God makes from the SAME lump of clay vessels for honour, and vessels for dishonour.
No that is not what a Respecter of persons is

Rather he is one who has one standard for those of great social standing or position, tyhe rich or the powerful and another for those who are not in that first class

or in other words

A respecter of persons one who regards or judges with partiality. See also: Respecter

Regarding Romans 9

Israel was that lump of Clay. They were created for a noble purpose but they were unfaithfull and thus used for an ignoble purpose

It is not a proof text for unconditional election

Back