Hyper Calvinism defined

I wonder how many posters here would be considered hyper by other Calvinists
As a former Calvinist and the OP being a Calvinist himself knows what it means . Most here are hyper as described in the OP. Most Calvinists here cannot articulate Calvinism as I’m sure you have noticed . There are only a few here who can .

hope this helps !!!

As a former Calvinist

Sorry, you are INCREDIBLY biased against Calvinism and Calvinists.
Your opinion should be taken with a humongous salt lick.

and the OP being a Calvinist himself knows what it means . Most here are hyper as described in the OP.

Nope.
As ReverendRV pointed out, there's only one or two. There are far more Pelagians in the forum then there are Hyper Calvinists.

Most Calvinists here cannot articulate Calvinism as I’m sure you have noticed . There are only a few here who can.

The vast majority on your side is not interested in bonafide charitable discussion, but only in attacking and misrepresenting and mud-slinging. Such as your false accusations about us all allegedly being hyper's, and none being able to articulate our beliefs.

I wonder how many posters here would be considered hyper by other Calvinists
Here is his bio

Phil was born June 11, 1953 in Oklahoma City, OK. He spent his formative years in Wichita, KS, and then Tulsa, OK. He graduated from Nathan Hale High School in Tulsa in 1971. That same year he was led by the grace of God to trust Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

Today Phil is the executive Director of Grace to You, a Christian tape and radio ministry featuring the preaching ministry of John MacArthur. Phil has been closely associated with John MacArthur since 1981 and edits most of MacArthur's major books. Phil pastors an adult fellowship group called GraceLife at Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, CA. He is a board member of The Martyn Lloyd-Jones Recordings Trust in England, and a member of the Fellowship of Independent Reformed Evangelicals (FIRE).

Phil studied at Southeastern Oklahoma State University for one year, then transferred to Moody Bible Institute, where he earned a bachelor's degree in theology (class of 1975). He also spent one year at a fundamentalist Baptist school in Tennessee, and took some courses in publishing and editing at the University of Chicago. He was an assistant pastor in St. Petersburg, Florida and an editor for Moody Press before moving to Southern California to take his current position in 1983.

Theologically, Phil is a committed Calvinist—with a decidedly Baptistic bent. (That explains his love for Charles Spurgeon). Phil is also an inveterate reader and bibliophile.

Phil has a beautiful wife (Darlene), three grown sons, one fantastic daughter-in-law, a beagle, and a mortgage.

(From www.spurgeon.org/~phil/bio.htm)

Here is his bio

Phil was born June 11, 1953 in Oklahoma City, OK. He spent his formative years in Wichita, KS, and then Tulsa, OK. He graduated from Nathan Hale High School in Tulsa in 1971. That same year he was led by the grace of God to trust Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

Today Phil is the executive Director of Grace to You, a Christian tape and radio ministry featuring the preaching ministry of John MacArthur. Phil has been closely associated with John MacArthur since 1981 and edits most of MacArthur's major books. Phil pastors an adult fellowship group called GraceLife at Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, CA. He is a board member of The Martyn Lloyd-Jones Recordings Trust in England, and a member of the Fellowship of Independent Reformed Evangelicals (FIRE).

Phil studied at Southeastern Oklahoma State University for one year, then transferred to Moody Bible Institute, where he earned a bachelor's degree in theology (class of 1975). He also spent one year at a fundamentalist Baptist school in Tennessee, and took some courses in publishing and editing at the University of Chicago. He was an assistant pastor in St. Petersburg, Florida and an editor for Moody Press before moving to Southern California to take his current position in 1983.

Theologically, Phil is a committed Calvinist—with a decidedly Baptistic bent. (That explains his love for Charles Spurgeon). Phil is also an inveterate reader and bibliophile.

Phil has a beautiful wife (Darlene), three grown sons, one fantastic daughter-in-law, a beagle, and a mortgage.

(From www.spurgeon.org/~phil/bio.htm)
Is that just an example, or are you saying that is someone who posts here?

I thought so, just wanted to make sure
Even though I was a Calvinist for 40 years and taught it in the church they now say I don’t know Calvinism but these same Calvinists high 5 me for years . So now I often quote Calvinists as a hostile witness against them so they cannot use ad hominems. Since I’m quoting their own sources against them . I know what I’m talking about but they deny it .

hope this helps !!!

Even though I was a Calvinist for 40 years and taught it in the church they now say I don’t know Calvinism but these same Calvinists high 5 me for years . So now I often quote Calvinists as a hostile witness against them so they cannot use ad hominems. Since I’m quoting their own sources against them . I know what I’m talking about but they deny it .

hope this helps !!!
Do you think you might have a ministry in leading calvinists out of it?

Sorry, you are INCREDIBLY biased against Calvinism and Calvinists.
Your opinion should be taken with a humongous salt lick.

Nope.
As ReverendRV pointed out, there's only one or two. There are far more Pelagians in the forum then there are Hyper Calvinists.

The vast majority on your side is not interested in bonafide charitable discussion, but only in attacking and misrepresenting and mud-slinging. Such as your false accusations about us all allegedly being hyper's, and none being able to articulate our beliefs.
For other posters, the poster Theo 1689 here is referring to, Chalcedon, claims to have been a Calvinist for decades and taught it. I believe he means in this forum, having had a mental union even with Theo 1689 who is now claiming that Chalcedon should be taken with a grain of salt as if his decades of study and teaching Calvinism now count for nothing. My opinion, Chalcedon's experience should be valuable to both sides.

What do you other posters think? Have some of you seen him here over the 5 years he spoke of? Should Chalcedon be trusted as one who understands Calvinism?

For other posters, the poster Theo 1689 here is referring to, Chalcedon, claims to have been a Calvinist for decades and taught it. I believe he means in this forum, having had a mental union even with Theo 1689 who is now claiming that Chalcedon should be taken with a grain of salt as if his decades of study and teaching Calvinism now count for nothing. My opinion, Chalcedon's experience should be valuable to both sides.

What do you other posters think? Have some of you seen him here over the 5 years he spoke of? Should Chalcedon be trusted as one who understands Calvinism?

Not sure ......

That is a rather open question.

Like to see more substance from Calvinist though.

IMO, it is like they do not want to support their doctrine.

Or can't?

'Hey ...... we are a secret society and you just don't get'.

What do you say, great thanks?

Last edited:
Not sure ......

That is a rather open question.

Like to see more substance from Calvinist though.

IMO, it is like they do not want to support their doctrine.

Or can't?
It seems strange to turn on a poster because he has discovered something new, Ifpeople are Christian, it would seem they would want to hear what he found

It seems strange to turn on a poster because he has discovered something new, Ifpeople are Christian, it would seem they would want to hear what he found

Alot of truth in that.

NOT their doctrinal killing fields creeds though.

Sadly they seem to think such is the case.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not disagreeing with you.

Last edited:

Civic is right; he had a very good understanding of Calvinism. Although I know this is impossible, an interesting thing would be to have the former Civic debate against the new Civic. I think the former Civic would show the new Civic that although he knew Calvinism, the things he is saying about Calvinism now; is Hyper Calvinism...

I'm a 5-Point Calvinist; and I reject many of the things he is saying about Calvinism too...

Last edited:

hope this helps !!!
Only civicchalcedonjohhnybgood truly knows Calvinism, or anything else about God ...

Back