Calvinist Ordo Salutis

They are joined here

Ezekiel 36:26–27 (KJV 1900) — 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

That doesn't show "indwelling" causes regeneration.

I stated they were joined together there

are you going to deny that?
Well are you @Theo1689 ?

They are joined here

Ezekiel 36:26–27 (KJV 1900) — 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

So there's a chronological time gap between a Calvinist’s “regeneration” and his/her repentance and placement "in Christ" (when one repents, believes “in Christ”, and is placed “in Christ”) that is undisputable and cannot be dismissed. Since it is within chronological time that we’re saved, regardless of any “logical order” anyone wants to forward, I have the following questions:
  1. How can anyone be regenerated without immediately being placed "in Christ"? Is there such a thing as a regeneration without Christ?
  2. How do you know it was a regeneration and not a Holy Spirit conviction as per John 16:8-12?
  3. How do you know that it's in fact the Holy Spirit that regenerated you and not some other spirit who doesn’t care and maybe even prefers that you're NOT "in Christ" at that moment?

So there's a chronological time gap between a Calvinist’s “regeneration” and his/her repentance and placement "in Christ" (when one repents, believes “in Christ”, and is placed “in Christ”) that is undisputable and cannot be dismissed. Since it is within chronological time that we’re saved, regardless of any “logical order” anyone wants to forward, I have the following questions:
  1. How can anyone be regenerated without immediately being placed "in Christ"? Is there such a thing as a regeneration without Christ?
  2. How do you know it was a regeneration and not a Holy Spirit conviction as per John 16:8-12?
  3. How do you know that it's in fact the Holy Spirit that regenerated you and not some other spirit who doesn’t care and maybe even prefers that you're NOT "in Christ" at that moment?
The Temporal Order of all necessary aspects of Justification occurring simultaneously, never ceases to be true in the Arminian or Calvinist Logical Order...

The Temporal Order of all necessary aspects of Justification occurring simultaneously, never ceases to be true in the Arminian or Calvinist Logical Order...
Calvinists say that regeneration always occurs before repentance and our belief & placement "in Christ". What do you say about that?

Calvinists say that regeneration always occurs before repentance and our belief & placement "in Christ". What do you say about that?

God is outside of (our) time and / or in a different reality. He doesn't think like us or see like us (probably).

God is outside of (our) time and / or in a different reality. He doesn't think like us or see like us (probably).

but then again - we are in -- this time, and with only so much time -- so God gives us Milk, Herbs, Meat

... to build us up, and help us -- where we are at (imperfect, fallible), and how we more need (direction,).

@ Synergy

words we use can mislead us ... if / when our hearts are not pure /set on Christ /with laws /agape

2. work out your own salvation

3. seek ye first the kingdom of

Last edited:
Logically, yes; Repentance Prevenes Repentance. Temporally, no; they occur simultaneously...
Logically, yes; Regeneration Prevenes Repentance. Temporally speaking though, no; they occur simultaneously...

Sorry for writing it wrong the first time...

Last edited:
Logically, yes; Regeneration Prevenes Repentance. Temporally speaking though, no; they occur simultaneously...

Sorry for righting it wrong the first time...

IMO, that is an entrapement propagation

Hey let's trap them for not being, and make them repent.

Do you agree? .

Back