How many Fathers does the man Jesus have?

Yahchristian

God the Father & Holy Spirit are the Father of the Man ( Jesus Christ ) as per Matt.1:20 & Luke 1:34-35!
NO! The Man Jesus has NO Father.

NOTE: The word Father is capitalized.

I have often said intense study of the doctrine of the Trinity confuses people more than it helps them.

This is a perfect example.

I expect if you polled professing Trinitarians who have NOT made an intense study of the doctrine they would say the man Jesus has ONE Father.

But here we have two people who HAVE made an intense study of the doctrine of the Trinity who say the man Jesus either has NO Father or has TWO Fathers.

I would like to hear what all the Trinitarians on this forum believe...

I say one.

John 8:28... Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

P.S.

Here is a summary of what I believe...

GOD is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. GOD is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. GOD in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, GOD in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal GOD is called God the Father.

Last edited:
John 8:28... Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

And @johnny guitar notice the one saying "my Father" was TAUGHT.

I expect you believe only Jesus the MAN was taught since Jesus the Son of God is omniscient.

But please confirm that.

Because it's SO much less confusing that a mode of God died but it wasn't really God dying, and a mode is its own father of another mode saying it has a separate will but it doesn't really have a separate will, because the father is actually his own son in a different mode of himself.

Saying each Person of God is just a mode is far more confusing than treating the Father and Son and Spirit as being real Persons having actual relationships.

You're full of it.

NOTE: The word Father is capitalized.

I have often said intense study of the doctrine of the Trinity confuses people more than it helps them.

This is a perfect example.

I expect if you polled professing Trinitarians who have NOT made an intense study of the doctrine they would say the man Jesus has ONE Father.

But here we have two people who HAVE made an intense study of the doctrine of the Trinity who say the man Jesus either has NO Father or has TWO Fathers.

I say one.

P.S.

Here is a summary of what I believe...

GOD is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. GOD is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. GOD in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, GOD in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal GOD is called God the Father.
FYI the scriptures in Matt.1:20 & Luke 1:34-35 says the Holy Spirit & the Most High caused Mary's pregnancy! Thus they are the Father of Jesus the Man in John 1:14 and Not of His eternal existence , as God the Word in John 1:1 or Mighty God in Isaiah 9:6 or Lord God & Almighty in Rev.1:8 or the " I AM " of John 8:58 in conjunction with Exodus 3:14 or " O God " of Heb.1:8! Just TOO many scriptures that proves He eternally existed as God before He became incarnate as Jesus Christ the God-Man in John 1:14! End of debate as ALL these posted scriptures rebukes your view as per GOD's say so in 2 Tim.3:16!

Easy answer. NONE!
FYI the scriptures in Matt.1:20 & Luke 1:34-35 says the Holy Spirit & the Most High caused Mary's pregnancy! Thus they are the Father of Jesus the Man

It seems it is NOT that easy for Trinitarians to answer the question after all.

So far we have one Trinitarian saying the man Jesus has TWO Fathers and another Trinitarian saying the man Jesus has NO Father.

I say one.

Easy answer. NONE!

Just to clarify YOUR Trinitarian view...

Does “me” below refer to Jesus the MAN?

If not, then “me” refers to Jesus the GOD. Correct?

It seems it is NOT that easy for Trinitarians to answer the question after all.

So far we have one Trinitarian saying the man Jesus has TWO Fathers and another Trinitarian saying the man Jesus has NO Father.

I say one.
FYI the one who said no father CLEARLY meant no Biological human father and scriptures in Matt.1:20 & Luke 1:34-35 tells us that these TWO GOD ( the Holy Spirit & Most High ) are His Father! Just incase you don't know, the Most High is God the Father! -------------------------

Matthew 1:20​

New International Version​

20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. ( Not a Biological human man ) -----------------------

Luke 1:34-35​

New International Version​

34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?” ( No Biological huma man had sex with her )
35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High ( God the Father ) will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God ( the Father & Holy Spirit ).

Last edited:
Easy answer. NONE!
It would be easier for Yahchristian to understand if you said No Biological human father instead of no father because God the Holy Spirit & the Most High caused Mary to become pregnant ( without any sexual union ) with the Son of God called Jesus Christ as per Matt.1:20 & Luke 1:34-35!

It would be easier for Yahchristian to understand if you said No Biological human father instead of no father because God the Holy Spirit & the Most High caused Mary to become pregnant with the Son of God called Jesus Christ as per Matt.1:20 & Luke 1:34-35!
He asked how many Fathers The MAN Jesus Christ has.

He asked how many Fathers The MAN Jesus Christ has.
Well scripture say He is the Only Begotten Son of God! Thus God ( the Holy Spirit & Most High ) is His Father as per Matt.1:20 & Luke 1:34-35! We are Adopted sons of God because we have Biological human fathers!

Well scripture say He is the Only Begotten Son of God! Thus God ( the Holy Spirit & Most High ) is His Father as per Matt.1:20 & Luke 1:34-35! We are Adopted sons of God because we have Biological human fathers!
The Holy Spirit is NEVER called The Father of Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit is NEVER called The Father of Jesus Christ.
But any one who comes upon a female human to cause her to become pregnant is indeed the Father of the one to be born from that pregnancy! So as per Matt.1:20 & Luke 34-35, God the Holy Spirit is the one who came upon Mary & the power of the Most High ( God the Father ) is who caused Mary to become pregnant with Jesus Christ! Thus God the Father & Holy Spirit are the DIRECT Father of Jesus Christ and NOT any human male! The word Trinity is not found in scriptures either, but we use that word to describe the 3 in one ( FSHS of Matt.28:19 & 1 John 5:7-8 ) GOD of the Bible! BTW the word Bible is not found that book that has all GOD's scriptures contained in it! So since God the Holy Spirit was involved in causing Mary to become Pregnant without any sexual union with a male human, we can call Him Father! Jesus is also actually called Father in the scriptures in Isaiah 9:6 - The " Mighty God & Everlasting Father "! They are all 3 in ONE ! Jesus even said that He is in the Father & the Father is in Him ( see John 14:10-11 for that truth )! The Holy Spirit also dwells in Us ( saved people ) & Him as per 1 Cor.6:19! So yes all three can be called Father! God the Father in Luke 34-35 was NOT called God the Father, but " the Most High "! All three have different names throughout the scriptures, but ALL three ( FSHS of Matt.28:19 ) are under ONE NAME ( not Names ) in that verse! Now do you understand based upon these posted scriptures?!

FYI the one who said no father CLEARLY meant no Biological human father and scriptures in Matt.1:20 & Luke 1:34-35 tells us that these TWO GOD ( the Holy Spirit & Most High ) are His Father! Just incase you don't know, the Most High is God the Father! -------------------------

Did you mean to say “these TWO GOD”?

I would comment on your statement but I would like to make sure you didn’t mistype it first.

But any one who comes upon a female human to cause her to become pregnant is indeed the Father of the one to be born from that pregnancy! So as per Matt.1:20 & Luke 34-35, God the Holy Spirit is the one who came upon Mary & the power of the Most High ( God the Father ) is who caused Mary to become pregnant with Jesus Christ! Thus God the Father & Holy Spirit are the DIRECT Father of Jesus Christ and NOT any human male! The word Trinity is not found in scriptures either, but we use that word to describe the 3 in one ( FSHS of Matt.28:19 & 1 John 5:7-8 ) GOD of the Bible! BTW the word Bible is not found that book that has all GOD's scriptures contained in it! So since God the Holy Spirit was involved in causing Mary to become Pregnant without any sexual union with a male human, we can call Him Father! Jesus is also actually called Father in the scriptures in Isaiah 9:6 - The " Mighty God & Everlasting Father "! They are all 3 in ONE ! Jesus even said that He is in the Father & the Father is in Him ( see John 14:10-11 for that truth )! The Holy Spirit also dwells in Us ( saved people ) & Him as per 1 Cor.6:19! So yes all three can be called Father! God the Father in Luke 34-35 was NOT called God the Father, but " the Most High "! All three have different names throughout the scriptures, but ALL three ( FSHS of Matt.28:19 ) are under ONE NAME ( not Names ) in that verse! Now do you understand based upon these posted scriptures?!
Agree with all you said EXCEPT The Holy Spirit being The Father of The Son of God.

Agree with all you said EXCEPT The Holy Spirit being The Father of The Son of God.

But he didn’t say the Holy Spirit is the Father of the Son of God.

He said the Holy Spirit (along with God the Father) are both the Father of Jesus the MAN.

So does that mean you agree with all @rod.ney said?

Since he didn’t actually say the one thing you objected to.

But he didn’t say the Holy Spirit is the Father of the Son of God.

He said the Holy Spirit (along with God the Father) are both the Father of Jesus the MAN.

So does that mean you agree with all @rod.ney said?

Since he didn’t actually say the one thing you objected to.
Neither are the Father of Christ the Man.
So I do NOT agree with all he said.

Did you mean to say “these TWO GOD”?

I would comment on your statement but I would like to make sure you didn’t mistype it first.
Actually 2 Divine Persons of the Trinity who is actually 1 GOD consisting of the Father, Word/Son & Holy Ghost/Spirit! So again Jesus is God-Man as per John 1:1+14 and the Flesh ( incarnation ) of John 1:14 had NO Biological human father! God the Father & Holy Spirit are the direct Father of that Flesh of John 1:14, but they are NOT the Father of His Precarnate ETERNAL existence as God the Word in John 1:1! Yes indeed He pre-existed All creation as God the Word because All creation was through/by Him as per John 1:3/Col.1:16! Case closed on all those that do not believe Jesus Christ " was God " the Word and " was with God " the Father & Holy Spirit in John 1:1 before He became " Flesh " ( incarnate ) as the God-Man in John 1:14!

Neither are the Father of Christ the Man.
So I do NOT agree with all he said.
FYI John, Matt.1:20 & Luke 1:34-35 Proves the Holy Spirit & the Power of the Most High ( God the Father and No Biological human male ) caused Mary to become pregnant with Jesus! So yes indeed God ( the Father & Holy Spirit ) is His direct Father and Joseph was His step or foster father and NOT His Biological father! Jesus has NO Biological human father! That's exactly why Mary asked Gabriel how she could be pregnant since she was a virgin who had NO sexual relations with any human male! read Luke 1:26-35 to see those Facts in those scriptures! Thus you should agree if you believe those posted scriptures because they prove what I stated as FACTS!

Back