How can the following verses be true if Calvinism is not wrong ?

Leatherneck0311

Unchecked Copy Box
Gal 6:7 - Be not deceived;God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth,that shall he also reap.

Unchecked Copy Box
Gal 6:8 - For he that soweth to his flesh shall ofthe flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. Basically. Vs. 7 says Don’t be deceived. God is not mocked you pick what you plant vs. 8 says. He that plants to the flesh will of the flesh pick corruption. He that plants to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap “everlasting life”. Does anyone see election or what an individual does ? I.e. YOU reap what you sow I.e. you pick what YOU plant.

Unchecked Copy Box
Gal 6:7 - Be not deceived;God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth,that shall he also reap.

Unchecked Copy Box
Gal 6:8 - For he that soweth to his flesh shall ofthe flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. Basically. Vs. 7 says Don’t be deceived. God is not mocked you pick what you plant vs. 8 says. He that plants to the flesh will of the flesh pick corruption. He that plants to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap “everlasting life”. Does anyone see election or what an individual does I.e. YOU reap what you sow I.e. you pick what YOU plant.
Why can't both be true?

Unchecked Copy Box

Unchecked Copy Box
Gal 6:8 - For he that soweth to his flesh shall ofthe flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. Basically. Vs. 7 says Don’t be deceived. God is not mocked you pick what you plant vs. 8 says. He that plants to the flesh will of the flesh pick corruption. He that plants to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap “everlasting life”. Does anyone see election or what an individual does ? I.e. YOU reap what you sow I.e. you pick what YOU plant.
The entire book needs to be put in context. Paul's addressing an issue whereby members of the Galatian church are teaching that the Mosaic law (in the flesh) needs to be obeyed. I'm not sure what you think the problem is for Calvinism.

The entire book needs to be put in context. Paul's addressing an issue whereby members of the Galatian church are teaching that the Mosaic law (in the flesh) needs to be obeyed. I'm not sure what you think the problem is for Calvinism.
Did you even read the verses ? So the truth of the two verses are not relevant and untrue to you because you believe they are meaningless because of the overall meaning of the entire book ? Nice dodge even though not true.

Now I wish I hadn't. If you feel there's a problem for us feel free to post it.
I already did. Galatians 6:7,8 exposes Calvinism as the conglomeration of deceptions and lies that it is. You skipped over the important part of he who sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

Unchecked Copy Box

Unchecked Copy Box
They say.....if a believer runs with dogs...they'll get flees.

I already did. Galatians 6:7,8 exposes Calvinism as the conglomeration of deceptions and lies that it is. You skipped over the important part of he who sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
Correct, members of the church are reverting back to obedience to the Mosaic law which is inconsistent (not included) in the new covenant. Circumcision (for instance) is not necessary. What's the problem?

Unchecked Copy Box

Unchecked Copy Box
Brother, this was written to the Redeemed Church. It has nothing to do with describing the Losts ability...

Correct, members of the church are reverting back to obedience to the Mosaic law which is inconsistent (not included) in the new covenant. Circumcision (for instance) is not necessary. What's the problem?
If you cannot see the problem it is because your Calvinist blinders are blinding you to the truth.

I don't mean this to be a jab at him, but rather an explanation of what he is doing; he's Pretexting...

If you cannot see the problem it is because your Calvinist blinders are blinding you to the truth.

We're literally ASKING you to explain to us what you think the problem is.
But you seem to NOT want to explain it, but instead throw around worthless and insulting rhetoric about "Calvinist blinders".

What happened to "(1) be ready to give an answer, (2) with gentleness and respect"?

Brother, this was written to the Redeemed Church. It has nothing to do with describing the Losts ability...
The verses literally say if you feed the flesh you will reap what you sow, and the same with sowing to the Spirit and by the Spirit reaping everlasting life. Why is it the simple teaching of scripture eludes Calvinist ? Could it be their determination to undermine the context prevents them from receiving the truth the Holy Spirit wanted to convey ?

Unchecked Copy Box

Unchecked Copy Box

Ummm… I see no problem here… Except for the fact that these verses are not sufficient to answer; Why would one who is “made sinner, by one man’s disobedience” ever willingly “Soweth to the Spirit”?

Both sides can assume their preconceived ideas into these verses but these verses cant be used as justification in either direction.

Imagine that I raised up a billboard in the middle of a city in order to draw all people to my restaurant, and this billboard said...

For he that freely come and eat at my restraint will surely live! You may freely choose to eat at another restraint but whosoever eats at any other restraint will surly die! Choose you, this day, where you will eat!”

This billboard has the word “free”, and the word “will”, an even the word “choose” in it... BUT... this billboard says absolutely nothing about reason for the “willing” of the people who are reading it! You can not discern anything about the reader of this billboard from the words on the billboard!

Last edited:
I just reread the entire chapter, and I don't see any problem.
And since LN can't articulate one, well....

you can't tryyyyyy to see it from his perspective?

seems pretty straightforward to me. don't let the C. word confuse. it is a law. people plant things and harvest what they plant. Creation reveals God.

you can't tryyyyyy to see it from his perspective?

seems pretty straightforward to me. don't let the C. word confuse. it is a law. people plant things and harvest what they plant. Creation reveals God.

we reap what we sow, seek and you will find, repent for the kingdom is near. .

all like directions or decisions we can make -- that bring about results ...........

The verses literally say if you feed the flesh you will reap what you sow, and the same with sowing to the Spirit and by the Spirit reaping everlasting life. Why is it the simple teaching of scripture eludes Calvinist ? Could it be their determination to undermine the context prevents them from receiving the truth the Holy Spirit wanted to convey ?
Is it okay to ask who the Verses are directed to?

Back