How can the following verses be true if Calvinism is not wrong ?

we reap what we sow, seek and you will find, repent for the kingdom is near. .

all like directions or decisions we can make -- that bring about results ...........
Why is that not descriptive of Calvinism?
-we reap what we sow, ok
-seek and you will find, ok
-repent for the kingdom is near, ok
-we make decisions that bring about results, ok
So again, why are those points not indicative of Calvinism?

Is it okay to ask who the Verses are directed to?
Sure but it does not change the truth of the verses does it ? Why is it Rev. RV that any verse in scripture that instructs men that they have any personal responsibility to actually hear, listen , and obey God is arbitrarily and consistently dismissed, and then forced into a Calvinist box when the context of said verses refute calvinism ?

Last edited:
-we reap what we sow, ok
-we reap what we sow, ok
According to the end result of Calvinism is they don’t have to believe, repent, have faith, nor humility because they are either gifted by God or don’t mean what they clearly say like having humility.

According to the end result of Calvinism is they don’t have to believe, repent, have faith, nor humility because they are either gifted by God or don’t mean what they clearly say like having humility.
I think it would be more accurate to say, according to the end result of Paul's message they don't have to obey the Mosaic law. It won't bear them fruit.

Sure but it does not change the truth of the verses does it ? Why is it Rev. RV that any verse in scripture that instructs men that they have any personal responsibility to actually hear, listen , and obey God is arbitrarily and consistently dismissed, and then forced into a Calvinist box when the context of said verses refute calvinism ?
What is the Context if those Verses then?

Isn't Chapter 6 Verse 1 part of the Context?
Yes, but that does not change or negate 6:7. Gal 6:1 - Brethren, if a man-be overtaken in a fault, yewhich are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Gal 6:7 - Be not deceived;God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth,that shall he also reap. 6:1 will not happen if 6:7 is ignored.

Although God could bring about his ends by means of snapping his fingers...

...he has chosen to bring about his ends "through" other means such as "belief, repentance, faith, humility"...

These things are how God has determined to bring about his ends in Calvinism.

Ephesians 2:8
"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,..."

This is Calvinism proper.

To say that God brings about his ends irrespective of these means is to present something other than Calvinism.

Although God could bring about his ends by means of snapping his fingers...

...he has chosen to bring about his ends "through" other means such as "belief, repentance, faith, humility"...

These things are how God has determined to bring about his ends in Calvinism.

Ephesians 2:8
"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,..."

... this is Calvinism proper.

To say that God brings about his ends irrespective of these means is to present something other than Calvinism.

but we're not in Calvinism

we're in Christ

welcome to the new way

not of men's ideas -- but of Spirit

that means we follow Spirit / Christ

and the Spirit speaks in many ways

not just through one system of thought

which can get in the Way -- of Spirit

Both sides can assume their preconceived ideas into these verses but these verses cant be used as justification in either direction.

I'm glad you said this.

I once asked a Calvinist "So, is there any possible sentence in English that if it were in the Bible, would invalidate Calvinism?"

When he said "no, there could not be one," I began to realize what we are working with.

Or the believer shares the gospel to the dogs and the dogs gets rid of their flees. That is why the message of Jesus and the apostles was the gospel not calvinism.
Dude, no one EVER said calvinism is the gospel....that seems to be some sort of anti-calvinism mantra. Why are you spreading it?

Calvinism is basically the interpretation of scripture....like any other interpretation including Arminianism.

Dude, no one EVER said calvinism is the gospel....

Uh.

Where have you even been.

"And I have my own private opinion, that there is no such thing as preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is a nickname to call it Calvinism. Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Spurgeon is not alone here, I have heard it from some others as well.

I'm glad you said this.

I once asked a Calvinist "So, is there any possible sentence in English that if it were in the Bible, would invalidate Calvinism?"

When he said "no, there could not be one," I began to realize what we are working with.
I would suggest Romans 11 and the big "IF" in verse 23.

Two olive trees, one natural, one wild.

Branches are broken off the natural olive.

Why?

Rom 11:19-24 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.” (20) That is correct:
They were broken off because of unbelief, but you stand by faith.
Do not be arrogant, but be afraid.
(21) For if God did not spare the natural branches, He will certainly not spare you either.
(22) Take notice, therefore, of the kindness and severity of God: severity to those who fell, but kindness to you, if you continue in His kindness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.

(23) And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.
(24) For if you were cut from a wild olive tree, and contrary to nature were grafted into one that is cultivated, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

Certain words like "choose" or "if" have to be re-commandeered from their main usage to be repurposed for metaphorical divine determinism.

If one feels certain something is true, and this applies to all of us, we will necessarily try to harmonize contradictory sounding terminology.

What my quote shows is that, any vocabulary and grammar can be forced to agree with exhaustive divine determinism.

Dude, no one EVER said calvinism is the gospel....that seems to be some sort of anti-calvinism mantra. Why are you spreading it?

Calvinism is basically the interpretation of scripture....like any other interpretation including Arminianism.
Calvinism has changed the gospel of Jesus and the apostles. Jesus said “ come unto me” Calvinist “ hold on there that doesn’t mean what it says. John 3:16 Jesus said, “ for God so loved the world” Calvinist say hold on world does not mean world. Then Jesus said,”for whosoever believes will be saved” Calvinist say whosoever only means the elected, but of courseThen in 1John 2:2 we are told that Jesus died not only for our sins but also was the propitiation for the sins of the whole world, but of course Calvinist say that verse does not mean what it says. In Revelation 22:17 the Spirit and Bride say whosoever will come drink of the water of life freely, but Calvinist again say the verse does not mean what it says. Calvinist have deserted translating scripture to fabricating their own scripture, sadly.

Calvinism has changed the gospel of Jesus and the apostles. Jesus said “ come unto me” Calvinist “ hold on there that doesn’t mean what it says. John 3:16 Jesus said, “ for God so loved the world” Calvinist say hold on world does not mean world. Then Jesus said,”for whosoever believes will be saved” Calvinist say whosoever only means the elected, but of courseThen in 1John 2:2 we are told that Jesus died not only for our sins but also was the propitiation for the sins of the whole world, but of course Calvinist say that verse does not mean what it says. In Revelation 22:17 the Spirit and Bride say whosoever will come drink of the water of life freely, but Calvinist again say the verse does not mean what it says. Calvinist have deserted translating scripture to fabricating their own scripture, sadly.

hold unto what? to their ideas. the Spirit reveals all thingsso there is no need to hold unto those ideas really. would they have us -- stay -- exist -- in / at their level / ways of understanding (only), while following Jesus / learning from God? it is such a strange idea, if you think about it really.

Last edited:
Yes, but that does not change or negate 6:7. Gal 6:1 - Brethren, if a man-be overtaken in a fault, yewhich are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Gal 6:7 - Be not deceived;God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth,that shall he also reap. 6:1 will not happen if 6:7 is ignored.
That's what you're not getting Brother, Context helps us get the meaning of the Verse correct; you said yes it's part of the Context. It's for Christian Brothers and Sisters...

Back