God works on the behalf of everyone who comes to him

No. Actually he doesn't.
Noone else suffers judgment for anyone else's sin.
This is expressly detailed in the bible.
Did you even bother to read and comprehend the bible verse that you presented in the OP?

YHVH tells the king that because his {the king's} heart has not been perfect towards Him {YHVH} that He {YHVH} will now allow and/or cause wars for the king

Were you thinking, Steve, that wars affect only the king???

I'm more interested in knowing why you believe that it's acceptable to tell lies about YHVH!
Nope
Never once have I told a lie about YHVH!

All I have ever done is to repeat what scripture attributes to YHVH and then pronounce judgement upon His behavior/character

Funny thing, Steve, is that you fully agree with me as to what constitutes immoral behavior/character, but refuse to apply this to YHVH...

Did you even bother to read and comprehend the bible verse that you presented in the OP?
2Ch 16:9 WEB For Yahweh’s eyes run back and forth throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. You have done foolishly in this; for from now on you will have wars.”

Yes I did.
Didn't you?

Better yet, didn't you do a search for the history of the king to whom YHVH was speaking?
His name was Asa. His reign was late in the 10th century BCE, to early in the 9th century BCE.
He had an encounter with the Ethiopians and lubim army.
I encourage you to read 2 Chronicles 16.
It's quite interesting.

YHVH tells the king that because his {the king's} heart has not been perfect towards Him {YHVH} that He {YHVH} will now allow and/or cause wars for the king
Yep.
And?

Were you thinking, Steve, that wars affect only the king???
Nope.

Nope
Never once have I told a lie about YHVH!
Actually you have been telling lies about YHVH since your arrival here.

All I have ever done is to repeat what scripture attributes to YHVH and then pronounce judgement upon His behavior/character
After throwing your twist on everything you can.

Funny thing, Steve, is that you fully agree with me as to what constitutes immoral behavior/character, but refuse to apply this to YHVH...
Whup! Here we go again.
Trying to figure out how to twist my beliefs to agree with your blasphemy.

You're a real hoot Tree! Slanderer, blasphemer, deceiver.

Thankfully, Jesus died for people just like you.

He didn't just stay dead either.
YHVH raised him from the dead to give life to everyone who comes to him.

Then you are fully aware that YHVH's decision to allow and/or cause wars as a consequence of a king's actions negatively impact more than just the king, himself

Kinda discredits your claim that "Noone else suffers judgment for anyone else's sin", doesn't it?

Actually you have been telling lies about YHVH since your arrival here.
That is a lie

After throwing your twist on everything you can.
What twist have I thrown on, Steve?

YHVH told the king that there shall be war{s} because the king's heart wasn't perfect towards God

WHAT, PRAY TELL, HAVE I TWISTED???

You're a real hoot Tree! Slanderer, blasphemer, deceiver.
Another lie

You absolutely DO agree with me that it is immoral to consciously and purposefully inflict needless harm upon another

If you wanna prove me wrong then all you gotta do is state:

I, SteveB, believe that it is morally good and right to consciously and purposefully inflict needless harm upon others

You gonna do it?
Of course not!

Why?
Because you know full well that it IS immoral to consciously and purposefully inflict needless harm upon others

Whether or not God is guilty of consciously and purposefully inflicting needless harm upon us is a matter of debate, but you damn well do agree with me that doing so is wrong

You really, really need to grow up, Steve...

In the old testament book of 2 Chronicles, there's a dialogue between YHVH and a king.

At a certain point YHVH tells the king,

2Ch 16:9 WEB For Yahweh’s eyes run back and forth throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. You have done foolishly in this; for from now on you will have wars.”

YHVH is sending his followers around the world to let everyone they can reach-

YHVH says he will work to show himself strong on your behalf.

Can you give an example of this?

So, you can indeed continue to argue that your unbelief is evidence enough to justify yourself, or, you can come and engage him on his terms and he will demonstrate himself strong on your behalf.

Well, that's the thing, you see. Their unbelief is all the argument they need to justify themselves. Not that they need to justify themselves at all because they don't believe. The argument is about something else.

And what about the king's subjects - those people who's hearts were not foolish, but rather were "perfect towards Him"?

YHVH sees fit to let them suffer the horrors of war as consequence for what the king has done

It is for this very reason
{among many others}
that I do not wish to engage Him

His terms are NOT acceptable, Steve

Not acceptable to you.

Not acceptable to you.
No, not acceptable to the human race

Every single one of us
{minus the true socio/psychopaths}
are in full agreement that it is wrong to consciously and purposefully inflict needless harm upon others

This, no doubt, includes you!

Like I said to Steve - it's easy enough to prove me wrong
All you have to do is state that it is morally acceptable to consciously and purposefully inflict needless harm upon others

Will you do so?

Then you are fully aware that YHVH's decision to allow and/or cause wars as a consequence of a king's actions negatively impact more than just the king, himself
Yup!
Pretty much like the stupidity of the Biden administration's practices for the past 20 months.
American citizens, Afghan citizens, other country's citizens the world over are suffering greatly because Joe's handlees are seeking to destroy our country and lives.

So... yes! I am acutely aware of this issue.
It's exactly why I trust in Jesus. Otherwise I would have left civilization decades ago.
We're in as bad a state as when Jimmy Carter was president.

Kinda discredits your claim that "Noone else suffers judgment for anyone else's sin", doesn't it?
I'm not being judged for Joe's sin.
Show me where you are!
I'd say that you have conflated ideas here.

I lived with the consequences of my dad's alcoholism and philandering. But I never suffered judgment due his sin.

That is a lie
Nope.
The truth is far too much fun to want to disregard and dismiss.

What twist have I thrown on, Steve?
Your own.
It's quite clear that you want others to spend their eternity in the lake of fire so you can feel like you destroyed their lives, along with your own.
Something about the idea of misery loves company.
The problem is that there is no company in hell, or the lake of fire.
You, and everyone else who is unfortunate enough to go there will be utterly alone with their sin.
That's part of the misery of it.

We who follow Jesus are joining a great big family, and we will be finally freed from our sin, so we can actually enjoy learning to love, and be freed from everything that makes life so utterly miserable and painful.

Those in hell are utterly and completely alone. Their cries will echo in the silence and misery.
So, you really don't want to experience that! Turn to YHVH from your sin and place your trust in Jesus Christ!
You were created to know, experience and live in Love, forever!
YHVH told the king that there shall be war{s} because the king's heart wasn't perfect towards God
Yep.

WHAT, PRAY TELL, HAVE I TWISTED???

Another lie

You absolutely DO agree with me that it is immoral to consciously and purposefully inflict needless harm upon another
Actually, I've found that my ideas of morality are far inferior to YHVH's morality.

If you wanna prove me wrong then all you gotta do is state:

I, SteveB, believe that it is morally good and right to consciously and purposefully inflict needless harm upon others

You gonna do it?
Of course not!
What's wrong Tree! Don't like your inability to command obedience to your inferiority complex?

Why?
Because you know full well that it IS immoral to consciously and purposefully inflict needless harm upon others
I'm not the one who keeps trying to figure out how to command obedience to yourself.

It's actually quite sad to see you torture yourself like this.

Whether or not God is guilty of consciously and purposefully inflicting needless harm upon us is a matter of debate, but you damn well do agree with me that doing so is wrong
Whup! There it is again! I'm starting to feel like I'm in an MC Hammer song.
Whup! There it is!
Whup! There it is!
Whup! There it is!
You really, really need to grow up, Steve...
I do, each and every single day.
Sometimes I'm a lot more like Jesus the day following the previous day.
Sometimes I'm just a wee bit more like Jesus than the one before. But each day I'm constantly changing to be more and more like Jesus.
You should try it. It's a zillion times better than anything you have.

I'm thinking that you're not growing at all.

The futility of your reasoning is becoming increasingly futile. The darkness of your heart is growing worse with each passing day.

Can you give an example of this?
Such as?
He's been showing himself strong in my life by saving me in, through and during a 7 year bout with repeated cancer recurrences.
He's showing himself strong on my behalf throughout the past 45+ years by not giving up on his word, showing that he is saving me from my sin, and selfishness.
Well, that's the thing, you see. Their unbelief is all the argument they need to justify themselves. Not that they need to justify themselves at all because they don't believe. The argument is about something else.
And that unbelief is the death knell to them. As it is all who refuse to follow Jesus.

Rev 21:8 WEB But for the cowardly, unbelieving, sinners, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their part is in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Back