Does God have eyes?

According to you "o theos" is exclusively a reference to the Father. If this is true, then Thomas would have to be calling Jesus the Father.

The addition of "mou" would not change that.
Of course "mou" would change the meaning. "The God of me" (Jn 20:28) is not the same thing as saying "the God of Jesus" (Jn 20:17). It is you who cannot read Greek, or English.

There is a certain hymn that begins, "My Jesus, I love thee, I know thou art mine;" The hymn does not mean or imply that we have (or even that there is) another "Jesus" it emphasizes our relationship to him. The same is true in John 20:28. As I have said, you are wrong about the grammar of this passage. You are trying to hold two conflicting positions.
You are talking BS, usual. I do wish you would stop attacking me with puerile ad hominem. You are full of the bitterest hatred for me.

Last edited:
Of course "mou" would change the meaning. "The God of me" (Jn 20:28) is not the same thing as saying "the God of Jesus" (Jn 20:17). It is you who cannot read Greek, or English.
"The God of me" and "the God of Jesus" are clearly the same if "the God" can only refer to one thing as you insist!
You are talking BS, usual. I do wish you would stop attacking me with puerile ad hominem. You are full of the bitterest hatred for me.
All I can surmise is that you don't know what an ad hominem is. I haven't attacked you, and I don't hate you. You are the one who has behaved poorly in this thread as is seen even in this post by your false claims about my reading ability in Greek and English.

Last edited:
"The God of me" and "the God of Jesus" are clearly the same if "the God" can only refer to one thing as you insist!
You insist on "sameness", not me.
All I can surmise is that you don't know what an ad hominem is. I haven't attacked you, and I don't hate you. You are the one who has behaved poorly in this thread as is seen even in this post by your false claims about my reading ability in Greek and English.
Words fail in describing your tactics and your incessant attacks on me. I now reallize that you have a psychological problem with this pathological addiction of yours. The more you exercise it, the worse it gets.

You insist on "sameness", not me.
If "o theos" can only refer to one thing as you have previously said, they can't help but be the same. It is the inescapable conclusion of your position. Perhaps you have changed your position since then, but when I quote exactly what you've said you don't offer any guidance as to what you mean or what you meant or even acknowledge the apparent discrepancies. All you do is claim that you've been attacked and focus upon an inconsequential detail in the post. You insist on making statements that you have seemingly no interest and/or ability to defend.
Words fail in describing your tactics and your incessant attacks on me.
That's because there have been no attacks on you in this thread.
I now reallize that you have a psychological problem with this pathological addiction of yours. The more you exercise it, the worse it gets.
Right. :rolleyes:
You are the one who seems paranoid.

If "o theos" can only refer to one thing as you have previously said, they can't help but be the same.
One thing per context, tobe sure, but there are many different contexts. The God "of me" is a different context to the God of "Jesus" and to "the God" without any qualification.

It is the inescapable conclusion of your position. Perhaps you have changed your position since then, but when I quote exactly what you've said you don't offer any guidance as to what you mean or what you meant or even acknowledge the apparent discrepancies. All you do is claim that you've been attacked and focus upon an inconsequential detail in the post. You insist on making statements that you have seemingly no interest and/or ability to defend.
You do not seem to have a brain.

That's because there have been no attacks on you in this thread.
You seem to be unable to understand anything I say in English, which you compensate for by attacking me.

Right. :rolleyes:
You are the one who seems paranoid.
If you can't understand me, and clearly it's very difficult for you, why do you even "try" to converse with me?

Last edited:
One thing per context, tobe sure, but there are many different contexts. The God "of me" is a different context to the God of "Jesus" and to "the God" without any qualification.
In every case you've given and in every case you can imagine, "o theos" would have the same referent regardless of how it is modified if what you asserted about the use "o theos" were true. I don't know why you don't understand this.
You do not seem to have a brain.
As I just said, you offer no clarifications or arguments. You just make more personal attacks.
You seem to be unable to understand anything I say in English, which you compensate for by attacking me.
I've not attacked you.
If you can't understand me, and clearly it's very difficult for you, why do you even "try" to converse with me?
I understand you just fine. I correct your false information as it suits my whim, just as you continually make false statements and attack me at yours.

In every case you've given and in every case you can imagine, "o theos" would have the same referent regardless of how it is modified if what you asserted about the use "o theos" were true. I don't know why you don't understand this.
O theos may refers to the god of this world, or one's stomach or whatever. The referent of o theos is entirely contextual, as you have pointed out on many occasions, and the context is further refined by the use and non-use of articles.

Whilst I can credit that vis-a-vis believers the ultimate referent is always the Father, per John 20:17 where only a single article is used for both Father of me and of you,and God of me and of you, which grammatically associates them as the same person, (AND WHICH YOU REJECT for ungrammatical reasons), this grammar is contrasted with John 20:28 where two articles are used, one before the Lord of me, and one before the God of me, which suggests that although the person spoken to is Jesus in both instances, the two words have different connotations and are being applied to Jesus in different ways, which is true. The "God of me" when applied to Jesus must include an allusion to his Father as well.

So the context is different, and these different contexts may be assessed per 1 Cor 11:3, where it is written that God is the head of Christ is the head of man. Hence the distinction between John 20:17 and John 20:28 and the distinction in article usage.

Now it wasn't necessary for Thomas to say "The God of me to Jesus" but he wanted to say that to show that he recognized Jesus as divine. He wanted to demonstrate his faith in Jesus. It is not a doctrinal statement, but a statement of faith. This is not the context of Jn 1:1.

The context of Jn 1:1 is doctrine alone. Hence the absurdity of seeking to interpret Jn 1:1 alongside statements of personal faith made by Thomas in Jesus as the Son of God, and in which person God lived (i.e. per Jesus's own statements of unity with God).

All these passages are completely coherent in my theological system.

OTOH, you have a real problem with at least Jn 1:1 and Jn 20:17, which indisputably assign the Father as "The God," and Jesus/the Word as "God by virtue of unity with the Father" cf. also John 10:34-36 etc.

Last edited:
O theos may refers to the god of this world, or one's stomach or whatever.
You've finally abandoned your lost position. Good for you.
The referent of o theos is entirely contextual, as you have pointed out on many occasions,
Right.
and the context is further refined by the use and non-use of articles.
Yep.
Whilst I can credit that vis-a-vis believers the ultimate referent is always the Father,
The ultimate referent of "o theos" by believers is not necessarily God. It depends upon what is being said. For instance, in Php. 3:19 it is clearly not the ultimate referent. Your statement at the very least is in need of some refinement.
per John 20:17 where only a single article is used for both Father of me and of you,and God of me and of you, which grammatically associates them as the same person, (AND WHICH YOU REJECT for ungrammatical reasons),
What I reject is your assumption that the purpose of the article here is to indicate and distinguish persons. I would say that by uniting the two groups under one article John is stressing that although the relationship between Jesus and God and the disciples and God is different (this view takes the use of the contrasting pronouns into consideration "my" and "your" rather than simply "our") they still are both united in God the Father.
this grammar is contrasted with John 20:28 where two articles are used, one before the Lord of me, and one before the God of me, which suggests that although the person spoken to is Jesus in the both instances,
So, you acknowledge the truth of what I stated above that the use of the article isn't necessarily to distinguish persons.
that the two words have different connotations and are being applied to Jesus in different ways, which is true.
They refer to two distinct roles that Jesus serves. One is "Lord". The other is "God".
The "God of me" when applied to Jesus must include an allusion to his Father as well.
An allusion to God the Father, absolutely, for Jesus and the Father are one. But is also a statement that Jesus himself is God.
So the context is different, and these different contexts may be assessed per 1 Cor 11:3, where it is written that God is the head of Christ is the head of man. Hence the distinction between John 20:17 and John 20:28 and the distinct article usage.
Distinction, yes. But there isn't enough evidence to claim that it is an ontological distinction. You omitted the reference to man being the head of woman in I Cor. 11:3, but it shows that the distinction isn't necessarily ontological, whether between Christ and God or Christ and man.
Now it wasn't necessary for Thomas to say "The God of me to Jesus" but he wanted to say that to show that he recognized Jesus as divine. He wanted to demonstrate his faith in Jesus. It is not a doctrinal statement.
It's a demonstration of how Thomas's opinion about Jesus changed. I would say that it is theological, but there's no harm in your opinion here.
The context of Jn 1:1 is doctrine alone. Hence the absurdity of seeking to interpret Jn 1:1 alongside statements of personal faith made by Thomas in Jesus.
As I've said, if you only have John 1:1 how would you understand what John meant? You must interpret John 1:1 by something else John wrote. What is absurd to imagine is that Thomas is making another mistake by calling Jesus God and John lets it pass without mention.
All these passages are completely coherent in my theological system.
Not unless you are able to admit that Jesus is God.
OTOH, you have a real problem with at least Jn 1:1 and Jn 20:17, which indisputably assign the Father as "God."
John also indisputably calls "the word" (1:1) and "Jesus" God. My position acknowledges this, and yours does not. I'm not the one with the problem.

Nothing in the bible that says a day of creation is 1000 years. No support for this gnostic teaching whatsoever.
Seems you are not a reader of the Word of GOD. The Word of God advises not to be ignorant about it.
And Adam was created on the sixth day, and today is the seventh, and no man knows how long it will last.
Again, here also it seems you are not a reader of the Word of GOD. Which Adam are you talking about?

By the Word of GOD , the seventh Day will last 1000 years, this is the period of GOD Father's rest, according His plan since the beginning.

Read the Word of GOD. The Word is GOD, and is self executing, understand? And what needs to fulfill, it is LITERALLY fulfilled.

You know perfectly well that Jesus is not called God, but the Son of God. Why do insist on obfuscating what the bible says?
Seems you are not a reader of the Word of GOD. The Word of God advises not to be ignorant about it.

See by the Word of GOD that of the angels GOD the Father saith: Who maketh His angels spirits/WINDS, and his Ministers a FLAME of FIRE.

But unto the Son-JESUS- , GOD the Father saith: Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

We know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Look, you said: ", but the destruction will happen by one men, one angel, actually an archangel, Michael, and the destruction is already running, even the destruction of the whole world of Devil."
This statement is incomprehensible. At the present time, I can't see that the "destruction is already running."
I understand, you are not seeing, but it is because you are sleeping deeply, so how could you see the literal fulfillment of the Word of GOD? The earth and the works that are therein shall be burned up, seeing then that all these things shall be DISSOLVED, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, looking for and hasting unto the coming of the Day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be DISSOLVED...(heavens have nothing to do with sky, the physical space of Universe, understand?)

In your latest post, you say the antichrist is a future ruler of Israel. So how can the destruction be "already running" if the antichrist is still future?
And what do you mean by "future ruler of Israel"? Where does the bible say this?
All the current and next happenings is to force the manifestation of Satan incarnated as the esoteric and kabbalistic and spiritist false messiah em Israel-John 5:v.43-47 combinado com 2 Thessalonians 2:3 to 12, and Revelation 13:v.11 and so on. There will be two great religious and satanic Beasts on the earth in near future, and both will build a MONSTROUS and SATANIC religious system -Revelation 13:v.1 to 18, check it, and it will be the religious and universal and satanic Kingdom of Antichrist it before JESUS's coming, because JESUS is coming to reign here in this seventh and last Day, also called LORD's Day, and with each passing day He is closer to return, understand? https://purebibleforum.com/index.ph...ng-by-the-red-sea-and-by-the-red-dragon.2439/

Why should anyone pay attention to the head of the Israeli state? He has relatively little power in world terms. Are you are talking about a false head of the church, such as the papacy, or the head of the UN, or a one world ruler, such as may occur at some future date in the future, perhaps when China takes over the whole world?
Satan is the current ruler of all nations including China, of course, with their respective structures and with all kind of systems, say politic, religious, economic, social, military, and so on.

The battle now is and will be against Satan and his main partners in all his diabolical world.
Satan is the current ruler of all nations including China, of course, with their respective structures and with all kind of systems, say politic, religious, economic, social, military, and so on. https://purebibleforum.com/index.ph...ng-by-the-red-sea-and-by-the-red-dragon.2439/

Get ready

Revelation 11:v.15-18

15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,

17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

18 And the nations were (will be) angry, and GOD's wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be Judged, and that thou should give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and should destroy them which destroy the earth.

Does not state when the "times of restitution of all things" occurs.
Six days were determined of works and one of GOD's rest, and JESUS, the heir of the Earth, must and will rule the whole Universe. The time of restitution of all things arrived.

Are the two witnesses the remnant church?
Revelation 11:v. 4: - These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
Two olive trees are the source of the anointing oil - the Old and New Testaments - The Word of GOD.
The two candlesticks are the two anointed Churches of the LORD: The Jewish Church and the Gentile Church - both will suffer a terrible and so strong persecution by the two Beasts as is written in Revelation 13:v.1 to 18 and Revelation 12.
https://purebibleforum.com/index.php?threads/three-unclean-spirits-like-frogs-why-frogs.2438/

There is and there will be War against Satan and his religious systems, mainly ruled by the two Beasts-Revelation 13- in fact there is a satanic trinity ruling the Devil's world.

Get ready

Six days were determined of works and one of GOD's rest, and JESUS, the heir of the Earth, must and will rule the whole Universe. The time of restitution of all things arrived.
Rather "does rule the whole universe."

Last edited:
Revelation 11:v. 4: - These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
Two olive trees are the source of the anointing oil - the Old and New Testaments - The Word of GOD.
The two candlesticks are the two anointed Churches of the LORD: The Jewish Church and the Gentile Church - both will suffer a terrible and so strong persecution by the two Beasts as is written in Revelation 13:v.1 to 18 and Revelation 12.
https://purebibleforum.com/index.php?threads/three-unclean-spirits-like-frogs-why-frogs.2438/

There is and there will be War against Satan and his religious systems, mainly ruled by the two Beasts-Revelation 13- in fact there is a satanic trinity ruling the Devil's world.

Get ready
hi tres unum sunt (the satanic trinity)
Deus unus est / hi tres in unum sunt (the trinity of divine witness)

Last edited:
You've finally abandoned your lost position. Good for you.
I have not abandoned my position. This is my position. It's just that you are dishonest enough to pretend I don't know the basic rules of language. Applying my remarks on o theos in one context to an obviously incongruent context, as you do, is mere propaganda, which is why your debating methods are scurrilous. Everyone knows words can import different meaning in different contexts. It's an elementary facet of every language. For to insinuate that I don't know this is nothing but a libel.

As I've said, if you only have John 1:1 how would you understand what John meant? You must interpret John 1:1 by something else John wrote. What is absurd to imagine is that Thomas is making another mistake by calling Jesus God and John lets it pass without mention.
When did I say Thomas was making a mistake? He did not make a mistake. I said he was using Old Testament terminology to express a New testament truth. That is not to make a mistake, but to say he used language in a way that is unconventional in NT doctrine (e.g. as contrasted with the language of Peter's confession which is more conventional). This shows that NT doctrine is not necessary the exact same language as that used to express faith. People were intelligent enough to understand what the words used conveyed, without making a big issue out of it, as you do.

Again you debating methods are seen to be scurrilous in accusing me of saying things I did not say.

Not unless you are able to admit that Jesus is God.
Absolutely absurd. Jesus is mediator between God and man. If he was God, he couldn't be a mediator. That mediator is indisputably a man. 1 Timothy 2:5. Jesus is the Son of God, again indisputably. You talk nonsense.

Jesus himself said he came from God. If he was God, he would be a liar.

John also indisputably calls "the word" (1:1) and "Jesus" God. My position acknowledges this, and yours does not. I'm not the one with the problem.
This much is untrue. Jesus is never "called God" and neither is the Word., where the English usage of the word "called" suggests the "title" of God is being imputed to Jesus by you. It never is. Rather it is everything bar the title of God that is being imputed to Jesus by virtue of his relation (in the broadest possible sense to include his unity) to the one who does hold the title "o theos", which is the Father.

You OTOH are a confirmed sabellian, and that is where we fundamentally disagree.

Last edited:
I have not abandoned my position. This is my position. It's just that you are dishonest enough to pretend I don't know the basic rules of language. Applying my remarks on o theos in one context to an obviously incongruent context, as you do, is mere propaganda, which is why your debating methods are scurrilous. Everyone knows words can import different meaning in different contexts. It's an elementary facet of every language. For to insinuate that I don't know this is nothing but a libel.
You have made the same false statement in many different contexts and threads, and I have corrected it many times. You could have clarified your remarks on any of the many occasions I have pointed it out to you, even in this thread, but you chose not to do so. You have given lip service to the idea that "o theos" can refer to people and things other than "the Father" while simultaneously treating the phrase as though it only refers to the Father. This is apparent in this thread and to point out this fact is not libel.
When did I say Thomas was making a mistake? He did not make a mistake.
I never said or implied that you said Thomas made a mistake. I made that claim, and I was referring to Thomas's initial disbelief (Jn. 20:25). If there had been something wrong with Thomas's remarks toward Jesus, one would've suspected it to be corrected as well. That's the point I was making.
I said he was using Old Testament terminology to express a New testament truth. That is not to make a mistake, but to say he used language in a way that is unconventional in NT doctrine (e.g. as contrasted with the language of Peter's confession which is more conventional).
Thomas's statement is a portion of New Testament doctrine.
This shows that NT doctrine is not necessary the exact same language as that used to express faith. People were intelligent enough to understand what the words used conveyed, without making a big issue out of it, as you do.
And once more you are attempting to hold two conflicting positions. Here you are admitting that one does not have to use the exact same words to convey a thought and in other places you have denied it. For instance:
The term "son" in the bible denotes the Son of God, and the Son of Man. Both terms denote the man, but can be extended, by inference, from his humanity to denote the eternal logos (cf. Heb 1). Yet the converse, i.e. to extend the idea of God the Son into Jesus the human son, is unscriptural. Your usage of "eternal son" equates to "God the Son" which is unknown to scripture.
Again you debating methods are seen to be scurrilous in accusing me of saying things I did not say.
What happened is that you once again accused me of saying something I hadn't said and then blamed me for your mistake.
Absolutely absurd. Jesus is mediator between God and man. If he was God, he couldn't be a mediator. That mediator is indisputably a man. 1 Timothy 2:5. Jesus is the Son of God, again indisputably. You talk nonsense.

Jesus himself said he came from God. If he was God, he would be a liar.
John 1:1 calls the Word "God". John 20:28 calls Jesus "God". You are in the strange position of saying that people are "intelligent enough to understand what the words used conveyed, without making a big issue out of it" and then denying the words that were actually used.
This much is untrue. Jesus is never "called God" and neither is the Word., where the English usage of the word "called" suggests the "title" of God is being imputed to Jesus by you. It never is. Rather it is everything bar the title of God that is being imputed to Jesus by virtue of his relation (in the broadest possible sense to include his unity) to the one who does hold the title "o theos", which is the Father.
Apart from your apparent disagreement with your earlier statement, there is another problem. As the late Gryllus once pointed out to you: if "the Word" proceeds from "God", then to call "the Father" "God" while excluding "the Word" means that "the Father" does not encompass all of "God" since "the Word" which is inherently connected with him was excluded. The same holds true if you substitute "Jesus" for "the Word".

The English use of the word "called" has nothing to do with this. I have plainly stated that I recognize a distinction between "the Father" and "Jesus" and I have correctly stated that they are both called "God". Do you see the irony in your words: "people were intelligent enough to understand what the words used conveyed, without making a big issue out of it"?
You OTOH are a confirmed sabellian, and that is where we fundamentally disagree.
The funny thing about this is that your position is very similar to mine only you try to build your position on errant assumptions while disregarding and reinterpreting passages that you find difficult.

You have made the same false statement in many different contexts and threads, and I have corrected it many times. You could have clarified your remarks on any of the many occasions I have pointed it out to you, even in this thread, but you chose not to do so. You have given lip service to the idea that "o theos" can refer to people and things other than "the Father" while simultaneously treating the phrase as though it only refers to the Father. This is apparent in this thread and to point out this fact is not libel.
It is not a false statement to aver that the default context of "o theos" is the Father, and all other contexts exceptional. You are making a false statement if you aver anything else.

As to the primary usage of "o theos" by Jesus, it involves a personal context which is the default context. Here "o theos" always defers to his Father.

It's not even worthy of remark when theos is used of a false god. This is so obvious that it doesn't require elucidation or remark.

There is another context besides the purely personal context which is the doctrinal context, e.g. John 10:34-36, which explains the way in which the Father delegates his authority. He invests his authority in others besides himself, and confers divine recognition upon them, not because they are inherently divine (they may, or may not, originate from heaven), but because they have been imbued (even if temporarily) with the Father's authority. For men, this is the Hebrew Elohim context. The YHWH context is mostly a personal relating to the Father (e.g. Ps 110:1), but can involve angels / heavenly agents as intermediaries. In this respect the Word functions/governs as YHWH, but the title belongs to the Father. Of himself, as man originating from heaven, Jesus explains this doctrine as including himself as "God's Son." This is official doctrine even per John 10:36.

The doctrinal context does not violate the personal context. Rather it is an extension to it.

You have not "corrected me" but eviscerate all such biblical distinctions, when you pretend that the title "o theos" can be applied equally to the Father, or to the Son or to the Holy Spirit to the exclusion of the Father. This much is assinine nonsense. In fact I don't believe there is a single instance in the entire Greek NT where Jesus or the Holy Spirit is alluded to as "o theos", apart from where the article is used to force a vocative in the LXX Greek translation of a Hebrew passage that itself does not contain the article (Heb 1:8), and which refers in the Hebrew to Elohim (not YHWH - Ps 45:6). As I have pointed out, the LXX could just as well have translated the Hebrew Elohim here by the Gk kyrios. There is nothing in this usage which violates anything I have said above.

I never said or implied that you said Thomas made a mistake. I made that claim, and I was referring to Thomas's initial disbelief (Jn. 20:25). If there had been something wrong with Thomas's remarks toward Jesus, one would've suspected it to be corrected as well. That's the point I was making.

Thomas's statement is a portion of New Testament doctrine.

And once more you are attempting to hold two conflicting positions. Here you are admitting that one does not have to use the exact same words to convey a thought and in other places you have denied it. For instance:

What happened is that you once again accused me of saying something I hadn't said and then blamed me for your mistake.

John 1:1 calls the Word "God". John 20:28 calls Jesus "God". You are in the strange position of saying that people are "intelligent enough to understand what the words used conveyed, without making a big issue out of it" and then denying the words that were actually used.

Apart from your apparent disagreement with your earlier statement, there is another problem. As the late Gryllus once pointed out to you: if "the Word" proceeds from "God", then to call "the Father" "God" while excluding "the Word" means that "the Father" does not encompass all of "God" since "the Word" which is inherently connected with him was excluded. The same holds true if you substitute "Jesus" for "the Word".

The English use of the word "called" has nothing to do with this. I have plainly stated that I recognize a distinction between "the Father" and "Jesus" and I have correctly stated that they are both called "God". Do you see the irony in your words: "people were intelligent enough to understand what the words used conveyed, without making a big issue out of it"?

The funny thing about this is that your position is very similar to mine only you try to build your position on errant assumptions while disregarding and reinterpreting passages that you find difficult.

Last edited:
Back