Another Gospel ?

Christian

Galatians 1:6-9
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

2 Corinthians 11:4
For if someone comes and proclaims a Jesus other than the One we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit than the One you received, or a different gospel than the one you accepted, you put up with it way too easily.

Galatians 3:1
You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified.

Expositor's Greek Testament
Galatians 1:6-9. THE APOSTLE EXPRESSES SURPRISE AT THE SUDDEN DEFECTION OF HIS CONVERTS FROM THE ONLY TRUE GOSPEL, AND PRONOUNCES ANATHEMAS ON ALL PERVERTERS OF THE TRUTH.—Paul is evidently startled at the tidings of a sudden revolution in Galatian feeling. His intense indignation is evinced by the vehemence of his language and the solemnity of his anathema. There could be but one true Gospel; this new doctrine was no Gospel at all, but only a heretical perversion of the truth by foreign agitators.

What is the True Gospel ?

What is a false gospel ?

Have you been bewitched ?

Lets discuss.............

hope this helps !!!

Galatians 1:6-9
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

2 Corinthians 11:4
For if someone comes and proclaims a Jesus other than the One we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit than the One you received, or a different gospel than the one you accepted, you put up with it way too easily.

Galatians 3:1
You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified.

Expositor's Greek Testament
Galatians 1:6-9. THE APOSTLE EXPRESSES SURPRISE AT THE SUDDEN DEFECTION OF HIS CONVERTS FROM THE ONLY TRUE GOSPEL, AND PRONOUNCES ANATHEMAS ON ALL PERVERTERS OF THE TRUTH.—Paul is evidently startled at the tidings of a sudden revolution in Galatian feeling. His intense indignation is evinced by the vehemence of his language and the solemnity of his anathema. There could be but one true Gospel; this new doctrine was no Gospel at all, but only a heretical perversion of the truth by foreign agitators.

What is the True Gospel ?

What is a false gospel ?

Have you been bewitched ?

Lets discuss.............

hope this helps !!!
I would say that as far as Christians are concerned, there is only One Gospel; the Gospel of Jesus Christ that we all know...

Another Gospel is a Straw Man Gospel...

I would say that as far as Christians are concerned, there is only One Gospel; the Gospel of Jesus Christ that we all know...

Another Gospel is a Straw Man Gospel...
So how would you define the True Gospel , what are the tenets of the gospel ?

Last edited:
So how would you define the True Gospel , what are the tenants of the gospel ?
The blood of Abel - by ReverendRV

Hebrews 12:24 NIV;
to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

Most of us are familiar with the story of Cain and Abel. These sons of Adam made Offerings to God from their livelihood; Cain gave from his garden and Abel gave from his flock. God wasn’t pleased with Cain’s Offering of vegetables, and Cain grew jealous of his brother; so much so that he killed his sibling. God came to Cain and asked him where in the world was his brother? Abel responded by asking God if he were his brother’s keeper. God asked, “What have you done?! Listen! His blood cries out to me from the ground!” God punished Cain with hard labor but Cain said his punishment is too much because he would have to become a Gypsy and a fugitive, and people would kill him. God Decreed that anyone who killed Cain would suffer seven times that of Cain, and God put his mark on Cain’s forehead; saving his life from all who would say “Vengeance is mine!”; taking it on themselves to execute him for his crime…

The Bible says that we are not to avenge ourselves but to leave room for the Wrath of God; because God said that ‘Vengeance is mine and I will be the one to pay them back’” Has anyone Sinned against you? Is it your heart’s desire to get back at them? Has your spouse cheated on you and you’ve paid them back? This is called Adultery.. Has anyone ‘one-upped’ you, so you’ve thrown them under the bus in some kind of way? This is what Cain did to Abel, he Hated his brother and Jesus said that Hatred is Murder from the heart; before he did it, he thunk it. When it is not your job to pay a criminal back, your motive is Hatred for them when you do pay them back; you are a Murderer at Heart. Do you hate God? ~ Adultery and Murder are just two of the Ten Commandments, do we need to discuss the rest? If God judged you by his Law, would you be innocent; or a guilty, Lying Thief? God sends Sinners to an everlasting Hell, where your Hatred for him will be magnified and your woes will be multiplied. ~ But God can give you his mark too...

You ask, “What must I do to be Saved??” First you must ask ‘What did Jesus Christ do to Save us?’. Jesus is the Son of God who became a Man, for the purpose of keeping the Ten Commandments; something that had to be done in order for us to be good enough to go to Heaven. At the appointed time, Jesus suffered death of the Cross and shed his blood for the punishment of Sins he did not commit. He was buried in a borrowed tomb but rose from the dead on the third day. We are Saved by God’s Grace through Faith in Jesus Christ as our Risen Lord God and Savior, without trying to pay him back. Forgiveness and Pardon is granted to you by God, even if others will never forgive you. God said Vengeance is mine and he repaid Jesus, instead of paying you back for your Sin. Find a Bible believing Church, Repent of your Sinful ways and Confess Jesus as your Lord and Savior. ~ How is the blood of Jesus better than that of Abel’s? One way is that it cries out to God too! Plead the blood of Jesus Christ and be heard by God; loud and clear…

Revelation 7:3 NIV; "Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God."

Why?
What was wrong with the LAST 5 times I defined the gospel?
You're simply going to accuse me of lying, and then straw-man by trying to falsely claim that soteriology is part of the gospel, when it's not.

To make soteriology part of the gospel is like trying to make engine repair part of driver's ed.

Okay, he's the gospel, as I've shared with you many times before:

1) God is holy;
2) Man is a sinner;
3) The wages of sin is death.
4) God sent his son to atone for sin.
5) If you believe in Jesus, you will be saved.

So which of those do you deny?

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Messiah died for our sins according to the Scriptures
2. He was buried (He actually died)
3. Messiah was risen after 3 days according to the Scriptures

have a change of mind and believe the gospel
(if you don't believe Jesus you don't believe Moses and the Prophets)

I will stick with Pauls teaching in Romans 10 below,

Joel 2:32
"And it will come about that whoever calls on the name of the Lord
Will be delivered;

For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
There will be those who escape,
As the Lord has said,
Even among the survivors whom the Lord calls.

Here we see Paul quote this OT passage about YHWH and apply it to Jesus who is the one and only Lord according to the N.T.

Romans 10:9-13
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED." 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

So a person must confess Jesus is YHWH(Lord) to be saved. Confess means to agree with so the person confessing Jesus is Lord is in agreement that He is YHWH. Whoever will call upon the name of the Lord ( YHWH) will be saved.

hope this helps !!!
This is one reason why I put in my Gospel Tracts that we must Confess that Jesus is LORD. I wouldn't say that we would have to Confess that Jesus is a different person than the Logos of God, who is Yahweh God the Father instead...

YHWH is just another name for GOD inn the OT. Depending on the context it could mean the Triune God, the Father, or the Son.

For example in Isaiah 6:1-6 its the Pre-Incarnate Son who is identified as YHWH on the throne. cf John 12:41
I tagged you in my Thread on the Trinity Board...

Hall of Works ~ by Reverend RV

Hebrews 12:1 NLT
; Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

This verse sums up the prior chapter; we’re surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of Faith. Chapter eleven is called the “Hall of Faith”. This reminds me of the cartoon “Super Friends”, they met in the “Hall of Justice”; do you remember? Though there was a core membership among the Super Friends, every superhero was a member. There is a core membership to the Hall of Faith too; and since there is such a huge cloud of witnesses, every Christian is a member even though their name isn’t in the Bible. Which would you rather be in; the Hall of Justice or the Hall of Faith? It’s every boy’s dream to be a superhero, so you probably chose the Hall of ‘dispensing’ Justice. Fighting crime and saving the day as a Hero would be glorious! ~ These days we have Anti-Heroes; it depends on what day it is if they’ll help…

What kind of Superhero are you? ~ Have you ever told a Lie? What would you call a Villain when he Lies? Hmm; you’re certainly not a boy scout like Superman. Have you ever Stolen? What would Superman call you for Stealing? You won’t make it as a Super Friend. Have you ever killed someone? Jesus said that if you’ve wished someone were dead, you’re guilty of Murder. You’re Vigilante Justice has marked you out as a Villain! These are just three of the Ten Commandments, if God judged you by all Ten of them would you be innocent or guilty? Would you be on his most wanted list as his Archenemy? Would you go to Heaven or to Hell? To Heaven?? Why? “Because God will forgive me!” ~ God will Judge you in his Hall of Justice; Justice must be served! Would you let your Archenemy go free after he committed a Murder?

You should never want Justice for your Sins, because you’ll get Justice! What you need is Mercy instead. ~ For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting Life! Jesus Christ did what no superhero could ever do; he lived a Sinless life. His Righteousness pleases God his Father and he shares it with all who give him their Guilt. He bore the Sins of those he made Righteous and took the Wrath of God we deserved to take, to satisfy the Justice of God. He died, was buried; but arose from the dead to new Life! We’re Saved by Grace through Faith in the Resurrected Savior Jesus Christ, without Works lest we should boast. Repent of your Sins, Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord God and join the Hall of Faith; the Church. ~ To be in the Hall of Faith, or not to be; that's the question. Do you want to be in the “Hall of Works” too? There is only one person in the Hall of Works; the Lord God Jesus Christ! There's no room for you in there since his Glory fills the room. This means that your Works must be in the Hall of Faith or nowhere at all; Good Works we’re Born Again to do. Thus Abraham's, Rahab’s and your Works are in the Hall of Faith Alone; or your Faith is dead…

James 2:17 NLT; Just as the body is dead without breath, so also faith is dead without good works.

Don't the calvinist claim no one has the ability to hear the gospel, so God has to regenerate you first, ie, fill you with the Holy Spirit before you can believe. So you are effectively saved before you believe and then you can hear the gospel, but surely someone who is born again is already saved, so what use does hearing the gospel have at that point, are you going to be saved a second time?

It seems to me, with that series of events, the gospel is pretty powerless, if it's purpose is to make you believe, it's too late, the person is effectively saved already, because the holy spirit testifies to Christ 1 John 4:12-14.

It seems to me that the calvinist understanding of how the events of a person being saved works does not align with scripture. God effectively has to save a person before they can believe.

Calvinist claim no one can ever be.

Good lord ....... what do they do with there kids / children?

Perpetual death .... to never be?

Sorry son you are a not being thngy.

Last edited:
Back