10 Commandments in Schools

Harry Leggs

The Texas Senate on Thursday passed a bill that would require the prominent display of the Ten Commandments in public school classrooms, reigniting a debate over the role of religion in schools and parental rights.

The measure, sponsored by Republican state Sen. Phil King, states that every public elementary or secondary school must "display in a conspicuous place in each classroom of the school a durable poster or framed copy of the Ten Commandments" starting in September.
-----------------------------

Comments/Debates? I don't have any problem with it.

Let 'em try. If passed into law, it'll be ruled unconstitutional, and the Longhorn State fundagelicals will be forced back into the shadows.
That means you will not tolerate even on the wall? Mighty small minded of you. A prediction on top of that like you know the future? Can't compete in the arena of ideas? The secular idea of morality is the strong dominate the weak per your post. Censorship by brute force so to speak. As opposed to the shared morality of our ancestors. The fruits of secular dominance included high crime rates, poverty, men who think they are women and dominate actual women. Kids have a right from God to know the 10 commandments and it is not a crime to post them on a wall in spite of your narrow and knuckle dragging views.

Last edited:
That means yo will not tolerate even on the wall?
My tolerance is completely irrelevant. I don't live in TX, and have no kids in the TX school system. I don't give a flying fart about what secessionist fundagelicals want to do to the kids in their state.

I simply stated a fact: trying to enshrine Christianity into Texas public schools will obviously be declared unconstitutional.

Mighty small minded of you.
Everyone here knows exactly where the small mind is in this discussion...

My tolerance is completely irrelevant.
It is your intolerance that is highlighted.
I don't live in TX, and have no kids in the TX school system. I don't give a flying fart about what secessionist fundagelicals want to do to the kids in their state.
Why the name calling?
I simply stated a fact: trying to enshrine Christianity into Texas public schools will obviously be declared unconstitutional.
That is in the OT. Not that you would know the difference. Technically it is Judaism. But i get what you mean
Everyone here knows exactly where the small mind is in this discussion...
With you. ;)

This is where i got the idea for this thread from Timcast. The discussion is at the 49:55 mark in and it includes Christian and nonChristian POV

The Texas Senate on Thursday passed a bill that would require the prominent display of the Ten Commandments in public school classrooms, reigniting a debate over the role of religion in schools and parental rights.

The measure, sponsored by Republican state Sen. Phil King, states that every public elementary or secondary school must "display in a conspicuous place in each classroom of the school a durable poster or framed copy of the Ten Commandments" starting in September.

Which ten? Christians don't even agree amongst themselves what the ten commandments are. Just like they cannot agree on the wording of the Lord's Prayer. It would seem sensible for them to get their act together on this before foisting their majic spells on the rest of us.

Which ten? Christians don't even agree amongst themselves what the ten commandments are. Just like they cannot agree on the wording of the Lord's Prayer. It would seem sensible for them to get their act together on this before foisting their majic spells on the rest of us.
Not just Christians, the Jews have yet another different numbering. See here for different ways of splitting the two texts.

That's the agreed version for all Christians is it? When did that happen? Or do you just pretend there's no disagreement?
Do your homework and consult the video since it is about what will be displayed in grade school classrooms in Texas.

It’s like people who so strongly support this he 10 Commandments haven’t even read them. Obey the sabbath, no images, no coveting.

And then, of course, there are the other 10 Commandments.

It’s a graven image, too.

The ten in the Bible. ... not a ten that some people might make up

Back