10 Commandments in Schools

Indoctrination, pure and simple. You cannot get normal people to believe in your religion, do you try to groom children by forcing it down their throats without the parents being able to object.
You said the magic word - any time I see a reference to a public school "grooming" children into accepting <insert hot-button thing that Chrisitans don't like>, I will be able to cite this (attempted, and certain-to-be-denied) legislation.

Oh Harry. Whether you have a problem with it or not, is irrelevant. It will be a problem. And we really don’t need anymore problems.

Smells like a set up to me. Where somehow we lose more of our rights and freedoms and end up with in an even more divided country.

And for what? Political points?

Not interested.

God’s law is already written on our hearts.
Then there should be no need to write it anywhere, let alone on government property that Christians do not own completely.

You said the magic word - any time I see a reference to a public school "grooming" children into accepting <insert hot-button thing that Chrisitans don't like>, I will be able to cite this (attempted, and certain-to-be-denied) legislation.
Yep. The hypocrisy is so self defeating, yet they are so blinkered they cannot see it.

What does your constitution, the founding document of your state's government, say about using government to promote religion?

You are still dodging the Declaration of Independence which is the foundation of the USA.

Your atheism is powerless to help you.

You are still dodging the Declaration of Independence which is the foundation of the USA.

It's the law that governs you society, and the Constitution that drives your law. That's what governs behaviour. Still, we shall soon se if your attempted indoctrination and grooming of children is considered constitutional.

The foundation refers to the creation of the country, but how the country operates is defined by the Constitution.

It's the law that governs you society, and the Constitution that drives your law. That's what governs behaviour. Still, we shall soon se if your attempted indoctrination and grooming of children is considered constitutional.

The Declaration is the foundation of this law.

It's so nice seeing you dodge this.

The Texas Senate on Thursday passed a bill that would require the prominent display of the Ten Commandments in public school classrooms, reigniting a debate over the role of religion in schools and parental rights.

The measure, sponsored by Republican state Sen. Phil King, states that every public elementary or secondary school must "display in a conspicuous place in each classroom of the school a durable poster or framed copy of the Ten Commandments" starting in September.
-----------------------------

Comments/Debates? I don't have any problem with it.
Oc course that doesn't mean anyone will follow them.

The foundation refers to the creation of the country, but how the country operates is defined by the Constitution.

The Constitution does not exist without the Declaration.

"while such declaration of principles may not have the effect of organic law, or be made the basis of judicial decisions as to the limits of rights and duty and while in all cases reference must be had to the organic law of the nation for such limitis, yet the latter is but the body and the letter of which the former is the thought and spirit, and it is always safe to read the letter of the Constitution in the spirit of the Declaration of Independence”. (Cotting v. Godard, 183 U.S. 79 (1901))

Indoctrination, pure and simple. You cannot get normal people to believe in your religion, do you try to groom children by forcing it down their throats without the parents being able to object. And then the hypocrisy of burning, sorry banning books that tell the truth about society and history. What a poisonous turn evangelicalism has taken recently!
key word in bold

Back