A Straight Answer, Please!

What I said is:

"a command to kill human beings because they engage in homosexual relations IS a moral matter!

Then I suggest if you are planning on killing a homosexual you reconsider.

Furthermore,
it is ALWAYS wrong
it is ALWAYS evil
and, regardless of to whom it is directed and at what point in time relayed, it is
ALWAYS immoral"

Then don't do it.

Are you proud of yourself?

Not often. But I once solved Rubik's Cube while sitting on the toilet, taking a dump. I was fairly proud of that, but I feel a little guilty because when I bragged about it I neglected to tell people I was constipated and thus took quite a long time in solving it.

I bet Jesus is just beaming with pride when He looks at you

I doubt it. I'll bet He could have solved it in twenty seconds.

Nor has it escaped my attention that you have NO DEFENSE of a command to kill homosexuals for the so-called crime of engaging in homosexual behavior

Are you hearing voices commanding you to kill homosexuals? Again:

DON'T DO IT!

How? There is no "issue." There's just you rehashing a five year old argument claiming that God loves slavery. If you have developed Alzheimer's to the point where you have forgotten all the various ways I smoked you over this, tough. Take it up with your doctor. There is medication that might help. Find a fresh "issue." That one got stale years ago. Better yet, deal with the analogy I dealt you in my last response. It's only a few hours old, not five years.
Allowing the abject misery of slavery to afflict a human being so that other human beings are able to function as consumers indicates a value system that favors economics over humanity

Contrary to your claim, we've never discussed this before
*Not that you're capable of anything even remotely approaching a discussion anyway...

Then I suggest if you are planning on killing a homosexual you reconsider.

Then don't do it.

Not often. But I once solved Rubik's Cube while sitting on the toilet, taking a dump. I was fairly proud of that, but I feel a little guilty because when I bragged about it I neglected to tell people I was constipated and thus took quite a long time in solving it.

I doubt it. I'll bet He could have solved it in twenty seconds.

Are you hearing voices commanding you to kill homosexuals? Again:

DON'T DO IT!
What's the matter, stigs?

You've got NOTHING to say in defense of the God that you adore - the God who commanded His followers to kill homosexuals?

Contrary to your claim, we've never discussed this before

WRONG! You forgot that you were never able to find biblical support for God sanctioning slavery? You forgot that your were incapable of addressing how my allowing my employees smoke breaks and even setting guidelines over it did not constitute my sanctioning the habit of smoking? You forgot how I pointed out all the biblical verses proving Christ's having set us free from bondage? Tough. We will not repeat that any more than Cumberland will ask for a repeat performance from Georgia Tech on the gridiron. To humiliate you once again on this "issue" would be discourteous on my part.

See a doctor.

What's the matter, stigs?

You've got NOTHING to say in defense of the God that you adore - the God who commanded His followers to kill homosexuals?

His "followers?" Where? Do you consider yourself a follower? Are you hearing voices commanding you to kill Kevin Spacey?

When did the memo come out?

Why is it every time I go on vacation a new memorandum comes down and I miss it?

I checked my heavenly email account at heaven.org and not a word about it.

What was the preferred method? It was stoning wasn't it. I have my pile of rocks and I'm ready for you tree. Come on over and get a free lemonade, it's yummy.

I didn't realize you were actually looking for a GAY answer and not a STRAIGHT one.

A Straight Answer, Please!

Why do you always make this so weird?

Leviticus 20:13
“If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads"

The difference between you and me is that I read God's Word above and come to the conclusion that any god who, at any time, could ever have said something this atrocious is a god absolutely unworthy of our devotion whereas you delude yourself into thinking it's fine because "that was then and this is now"

biblical support for God sanctioning slavery
Call it sanctioning, endorsing, permitting, allowing, authorizing, approving - who cares!

All that matters is that God said that His followers may own human beings as pieces of property and that is evil

It was evil yesterday
It's evil today
It will be evil tomorrow

Time is built in human evolution of conscience. What was 3.5 k years ago is not the same now.
So our collective conscience was evolved enough for God to forbid us to lie, steal, murder, etc - but not evolved enough for God to forbid us from enslaving our fellow man??

And besides, since when does God tolerate sin?
It's my understanding that God detests sin

So our collective conscience was evolved enough for God to forbid us to lie, steal, murder, etc - but not evolved enough for God to forbid us from enslaving our fellow man??

And besides, since when does God tolerate sin?
It's my understanding that God detests sin
God operates within free will. Yes our collective conscience evolved enough to accept notion of freedom.
Also, It operates within another economic form.

Leviticus 20:13
“If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads"

Yep, God didn't want any Jewish gay people wandering around in the wilderness. What's that got to do with you and me?

Oh, and

The difference between you and me is that ..............

......... you think God wants to treat us the same way as He did the Jews in the desert thousands of years ago, and I don't. How many heifers have you sacrificed today? Oh, and make sure you're not blending wool and linen in the same garment.

Call it sanctioning, endorsing, permitting, allowing, authorizing, approving

Correct. Take your pick, not being synonyms they all work. I allow and permit and authorize my employees to take smoke breaks, but only an idiot would conclude that I therefore endorse and approve of smoking.

......... you think God wants to treat us the same way as He did the Jews in the desert thousands of years ago, and I don't.
No, what I think is that a god who treated the desert Jews of thousands of years ago the way that YHVH did is a god utterly unworthy of devotion

That He treats us better, now, doesn't change the fact that He treated them abominably

Correct. Take your pick, not being synonyms they all work. I allow and permit and authorize my employees to take smoke breaks, but only an idiot would conclude that I therefore endorse and approve of smoking.
God allowed, permitted, and authorized slavery

It is wrong to allow slavery
It is immoral to permit slavery
It is evil to authorize slavery

No, what I think is that a god who treated the desert Jews of thousands of years ago the way that YHVH did is a god utterly unworthy of devotion

Aww, I'll bet the Most High wishes you were around back then to advise Him on how to better handle His chosen people whom He'd picked out to be the one race whose seed would save all of mankind.

That He treats us better, now, doesn't change the fact that He treated them abominably

He treated them great. Wish I were a Jew back then.

You said that six years ago and about ten times since. Jog that Biden-ly addled brain of yours: Remember the employee smoking analogy? Remember your miserable failure to provide Biblical support? Remember all the verses I gave you about how Jesus sets us free?

Have you tried Aducanumab?

Address it

Been there. Done that. That's like Andie McDowell asking Bill Murray one and a half hours into the movie to address Groundhog Day.

Have you looked into Aducanumab like I asked?

Then why are you failing so miserably to show me where?
Admit it. You've run out of things to whine about. I think you finally did realize your drowning babies shtick ran dry after 13,453 posts. How much more mileage can you get out of this one, Punxsutawney Phil?

Been there. Done that.
Then remind me - how is it righteous and just that God allowed, permitted, and authorized slavery?

And by no means, stigs, don't do it for me!

Do it for those reading along
Do it for those Christians who are wondering, for themselves, how best to answer the question

Then remind me - how is it righteous and just that God allowed, permitted, and authorized slavery?

God STILL allows and permits slavery in China. He allows people to have sex with children in the USA. He allows every free will act that man can commit. He allowed and permitted Judas to betray Him unto death. He allowed Pilate to instruct his minions to crucify Him. He allowed and permitted Adam to eat that fruit. He allows you to act like a boneheaded petulant child and call Him a horse thief.

But go ahead and make your case as to how He is unrighteous and unjust to allow free will.

Have you looked into Aducanumab like I asked? ANSWER me this time!

God STILL allows and permits slavery in China.
Oh yeah?

Where does God, Himself, EXPLICITLY state that slavery is allowed in modern day China?
Answer:
He doesn't!

In case you forgot, though, He DID explicitly state that slavery was allowed in ancient Israel!!

Hmm...maybe this is what is meant when one says that God sanctioned slavery in the OT?
Could it be that 'allowing' slavery reaches the level of 'sanctioning' slavery when one explicitly states that slavery is perfectly fine to engage in?

Yeah, I think it does!!
That said, let's get back to the task at hand

You were going to explain how it is righteous and just to allow, permit, and authorize slavery...

I'm still waiting, stiggy

YEAH!! How old are you? 9?

Where does God, Himself, EXPLICITLY state that slavery is allowed in modern day China?

Where did I explicitly state that He explicitly stated anything about China? He obviously allows it, doofus. It occurs.

Answer:
He doesn't!

Correct.

In case you forgot, though, He DID explicitly state that slavery was allowed in ancient Israel!!

Yep, divorce too.

Hmm...maybe this is what is meant when one says that God sanctioned slavery in the OT?
Could it be that 'allowing' slavery reaches the level of 'sanctioning' slavery when one explicitly states that slavery is perfectly fine to engage in?

Did you ever see the movie "Memento?" Like the Guy Pearce character, tattoo this on your arm tonight before going to bed, O forgetful one:

"STIGGY ALLOWS HIS EMPLOYEES TO SMOKE BUT DOES NOT SANCTION THE HARMFUL AND NASTY HABIT OF SMOKING"

Oh, and in case your Alzheimer's is so advance that you also forgot your response to that, let me refresh your memory:

"But, but slavery is wrong but smoking isn't."

Now, try to remember my response to that. I gave it enough times.

If you see your shadow this Feb 2nd, should we expect seven more years of rehashing this slavery business?

Last edited:
Back