Atheisim is not real.

The plan is for the universe to continue to decay to the very end, and to save those out of it who want to be saved out of it. The plan has never been to save this world, but to save people out of it. Through the wisdom of God this prolonged decay in which people are allowed to endure the distress and futility of this world reveals who will love and long for a new world where God reigns, and who will not.
That doesn't even apply to the whole of our solar system, let alone the universe as a whole. You are describing the course of a single bubble compared to all the spume from every breaking wave on the planet. If this is the extent of your God's plan, he is far too tiny to be responsible for what happens in the galaxy, nevermind the universe.

There's no intelligence evident in the universe as a whole. There's no apparent purpose or plan. There's nothing about it that suggests intelligence.
And, by the way, this is the despair of the godless. Life has no meaning, no purpose. Life is nothing more than living for the appetites' of the flesh, and doing whatever evil you have to do to find the temporary satisfaction of those ever increasing, never satisfied appetites. God invites people to escape such a pathetic existence separated from him and lay hold of the promise of the life that is to come.

This is the reality of creation that God uses to lead people to himself. Not the reality of scientific proof that he exists. He does not give that, for that is not useful in harvesting a nation of people who love and long for the life to come. But the reality of the frustration and decay and wickedness of this world does.

And, by the way, this is the despair of the godless. Life has no meaning, no purpose.

......But the reality of the frustration and decay and wickedness of this world does.
LoL.... now look who’s in nihilistic despair.

Why did your god abandon his own creation and just move on to make another? Sounds like a bad dad in nihilistic dispair that just up and left his responsibilities. Was your god suffering from bi-polar depression or something?

That doesn't even apply to the whole of our solar system, let alone the universe as a whole. You are describing the course of a single bubble compared to all the spume from every breaking wave on the planet. If this is the extent of your God's plan, he is far too tiny to be responsible for what happens in the galaxy, nevermind the universe.
Just because biological life is confined to this planet that makes God's plan for that biological life not realistic? There could be no other reason why God would make the universe so unimaginably vast to such a small biological group of people in that unimaginable vastness?

You'll always come up with an argument to not believe that God exists. That's why I don't spend a lot of time trying to convince them. I just state what we know from the Bible and the witness of the Spirit about the spiritual plan for mankind and let the seeds of that knowledge grow where they will. As I say, God tells us it's simply not going to be received by and grow in the hearts of most people. I accept that and don't fight it.

Why did your god abandon his creation and just move on to make another? Sounds like a bad dad that just up and left his family.
He didn't abandon it altogether. But he did leave it to its own devices. And for the reason I explained. It is still under his careful control.

And he is moving on to make another. The question is if you'll find interest in a new paradigm of existence where evil and frustration and discontent doesn't exist, and so be included in that new world. Apparently not. And that's okay. That's what this life is all about - finding out who is interested, and who is not. That's God's plan. And it will not thwarted. It will be fulfilled as he has said it will be.

And, by the way, this is the despair of the godless. Life has no meaning, no purpose. Life is nothing more than living for the appetites' of the flesh, and doing whatever evil you have to do to find the temporary satisfaction of those ever increasing, never satisfied appetites. God invites people to escape such a pathetic existence separated from him and lay hold of the promise of the life that is to come.

This is the reality of creation that God uses to lead people to himself. Not the reality of scientific proof that he exists. He does not give that, for that is not useful in harvesting a nation of people who love and long for the life to come. But the reality of the frustration and decay and wickedness of this world does.
This by the way, is drivel. There's no despair, only wonder. My life is full of meaning and purpose. Your obsession with "appetites of the flesh" says more about you than it does about me. My existence may be short in comparison with the universe, but it's a lifetime full of both purpose and promise.

I really don't understand why Christians try to bolster the tawdry jam-tomorrow promises that sustain them by trying to imagine how empty must be the lives of those who don't share them. We fill our lives with the worthwhile, by wondering at the reality we live in and seeking to understand it, by nurturing our family and fellows, by defending what we hold dear and by educating our young people to protect the future. Your vision of dreary hedonism is way off the mark.

Sounds like a bad dad that just up and left his family.
And, by the way, the son left the Father, and started his own family. And the Father let him go and disinherited him and all his descendants. If you think that's unreasonable it happens in this life all the time and we understand it.

Just because biological life is confined to this planet that makes God's plan for that biological life not realistic? There could be no other reason why God would make the universe so unimaginably vast to such a small biological group of people in that unimaginable vastness?

You'll always come up with an argument to not believe that God exists. That's why I don't spend a lot of time trying to convince them. I just state what we know from the Bible and the witness of the Spirit about the spiritual plan for mankind and let the seeds of that knowledge grow where they will. As I say, God tells us it's simply not going to be received by and grow in the hearts of most people. I accept that and don't fight it.
It's not my job, nor my purpose to keep coming up with arguments not to believe in God, so I don't bother. I just tell you plainly that your vision is far too small, far too constricted to contain reality. Your God just isn't big enough to be believable.

This by the way, is drivel. There's no despair, only wonder. My life is full of meaning and purpose. Your obsession with "appetites of the flesh" says more about you than it does about me. My existence may be short in comparison with the universe, but it's a lifetime full of both purpose and promise.

I really don't understand why Christians try to bolster the tawdry jam-tomorrow promises that sustain them by trying to imagine how empty must be the lives of those who don't share them. We fill our lives with the worthwhile, by wondering at the reality we live in and seeking to understand it, by nurturing our family and fellows, by defending what we hold dear and by educating our young people to protect the future. Your vision of dreary hedonism is way off the mark.
No. I'm spot on. The evidence, which unbelievers and atheists long for and insist on and rely on, proves it. Mankind is quite unhappy. That's the main reason they resort to evil. They live to fulfill the desires of the flesh that they are enslaved to and which dog them day in and day out. And they won't stop at indulging evil to do that.

This is the evidence that I use to show the reality of God. The observable nature and condition of man is the evidence that God and the Bible are true.

And, by the way, this is the despair of the godless. Life has no meaning, no purpose.
Not this old chestnut. Really? Short answer, even though atheists know they're going to die, things matter to us whilst we're here, giving our lives meaning and purpose. There is a longer, more detailed answer.
Life is nothing more than living for the appetites' of the flesh, and doing whatever evil you have to do to find the temporary satisfaction of those ever increasing, never satisfied appetites.
You seem to know a lot about it.

The appetites of the flesh are fine if pursued responsibly, and there is much more to life available to atheists than you seem aware of.
It's perfectly possible to be given scientific evidence for God and to be distressed by the wickedness in the world.

It's not my job, nor my purpose to keep coming up with arguments not to believe in God, so I don't bother. I just tell you plainly that your vision is far too small, far too constricted to contain reality. Your God just isn't big enough to be believable.
I'm changed. And I'm continuing to change. It's unbelievable, but real what has happened in my life that did not, and could not happen before I was born again. It's absolutely amazing. I have found life that is truly life. You can too if your heart is so inclined to be attracted to the promises of God and be repelled by this revolting human condition the world wallows in and which it endures in frustration and discontentment.

I haven't checked yet this morning, has Iran nuked Israel yet, or vice versa?

And, by the way, this is the despair of the godless. Life has no meaning, no purpose. Life is nothing more than living for the appetites' of the flesh, and doing whatever evil you have to do to find the temporary satisfaction of those ever increasing, never satisfied appetites.
Doesn't your holy book command you to be meek and humble?

If so, why is there an endless line of Christians telling us atheists what we think and how we feel?

Your post is another example of you refusing to listen to what atheists tell you about themselves...

He didn't abandon it altogether. But he did leave it to its own devices. And for the reason I explained. It is still under his careful control.
Careful control? You call him letting Satan run amok over us like he allowed in the book of Job “careful control”? I guess bad attention and an empty promise from a father with a bad moral track record of abandonment is better than no attention at all to an abandoned child like yourself.
And he is moving on to make another. The question is if you'll find interest in a new paradigm of existence where evil and frustration and discontent doesn't exist, and so be included in that new world. Apparently not. And that's okay. That's what this life is all about - finding out who is interested, and who is not. That's God's plan. And it will not thwarted. It will be fulfilled as he has said it will be.
Just wondering why he didn’t try harder here? He was the adult in this relationship, right?

And, by the way, the son left the Father, and started his own family. And the Father let him go and disinherited him and all his descendants. If you think that's unreasonable it happens in this life all the time and we understand it.
You have an equivalency fallacy here. That happens between humans. The relationship between a god and his wards is quite different, especially if he declares his eternal and perfect love for them and his plan is to have them move back in with him someday, right?

Unless of course you are now admitting that our concept of god actually is a projection of our own parent issues and psychology.

It's perfectly possible to be given scientific evidence for God and to be distressed by the wickedness in the world.
But I told you scientific proof (not just evidence) doesn't harvest the nation of souls he's looking for. There will be no phonies in the kingdom to come that just wanted to save their own necks from a God they knew could vaporize them but really didn't care about being righteous. God revealing himself through our moral condition and the truths of righteousness do lead to a harvest of people who will long for and live for a future kingdom of righteousness. That's the plan.

Careful control? You call him letting Satan run amok over us like he allowed in the book of Job “careful control”?
Yep.

Look at the gold that came out of the furnace of his affliction. God knows how to do this. Mankind doesn't. Men will always choose the easy way to try to bring forth goodness from people and all we end up with are spoiled blue haired cry baby narcissists who don't know what sex they want to be today.

But I told you scientific proof (not just evidence) doesn't harvest the nation of souls he's looking for. .... That's the plan.
Shouldn’t he have folded up the streets on that plan long ago given that Christianity is dying the world over? His harvest would have been more abundant just one decade ago.

I'm changed. And I'm continuing to change. It's unbelievable, but real what has happened in my life that did not, and could not happen before I was born again. It's absolutely amazing. I have found life that is truly life. You can too if your heart is so inclined to be attracted to the promises of God and be repelled by this revolting human condition the world wallows in and which it endures in frustration and discontentment.
Glad you've found something that gets you through the night.

I've seen a Muslim saying similar things about how Allah has transformed his life for the better. It seems that for at least one of you , if not both, it's the idea of the God that loves, forgives and will give eternal life that does the trick.

Yep.

Look at the gold that came out of the furnace of his affliction. God knows how to do this. Mankind doesn't. Men will always choose the easy way to try to bring forth goodness from people and all we end up with are spoiled blue haired cry baby narcissists who don't know what sex they want to be today.
All that came out of his furnace of affliction was a speech where he was told to shut the eff up.

But I told you scientific proof (not just evidence) doesn't harvest the nation of souls he's looking for. There will be no phonies in the kingdom to come that just wanted to save their own necks from a God they knew could vaporize them but really didn't care about being righteous. God revealing himself through our moral condition and the truths of righteousness do lead to a harvest of people who will long for and live for a future kingdom of righteousness. That's the plan.
You haven't explained how it's not possible to be an atheist and be compassionate, and then given the proof of God, and then be righteous.

Back