Authority and debates

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:2 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world.
Yes, and Jesus then gave that power given to Him by God to the Apostles. And then the Apostles gave that same power to those who succeeded them. This is not rocket science my friend, just read (the Scriptures) and believe!

Yes, and Jesus then gave that power given to Him by God to the Apostles. And then the Apostles gave that same power to those who succeeded them. This is not rocket science my friend, just read (the Scriptures) and believe!
Where? Its not in these verses. Show us where Jesus says 'here is my power, i'm giving it to you'. This is your claim.

no, it isn't. you only need to compare what is taught in scripture with what the rcc teaches. it becomes very obvious to those who do know His word, that the rcc isn't teaching His word.

Where? Its not in these verses. Show us where Jesus says 'here is my power, i'm giving it to you'. This is your claim.
Are you serious? He did this a couple of times like when He breathed on them the Holy Spirit and gave them the power to forgive sins, like when He gave them the power to bind and loose things, like when He gave them the power to take on evil, to heal. That's a lot of power right there.

In the command to teach and Baptize . . . "all things whatsoever I have commanded." One doesn't teach without authority to do so.

JoeT
where did He teach them to pray to humans? where did He teach them that water baptism saves? that Mary is sinless or EV or giver of grace? where did He teach them to hear confessions of others? where did He teach them that they could change what He taught them? or make up more restrictions to burden others with?

you've asked those ?s over and over again. they must come up on your rotation list every week or so.
And the poster ignores the answer and so asks them again and again. One thing we can be sure about is that it is the RCC that makes false claims and its fruit prove that those claims are false. The answer will not change it is only the bad tree that produces bad fruit. If it produces bad fruit and all can see the bad fruit then it cannot be what it claims because it is the bad tree.

where did He teach them to pray to humans? where did He teach them that water baptism saves? that Mary is sinless or EV or giver of grace? where did He teach them to hear confessions of others? where did He teach them that they could change what He taught them? or make up more restrictions to burden others with?
You are so right. Where did He give approval to ignore scriptures, where did He he say add whatever you like to scriptures, go as far beyond scripture as you like, please take away from my word and ignore anything you don't like.

Are you serious? He did this a couple of times like when He breathed on them the Holy Spirit and gave them the power to forgive sins, like when He gave them the power to bind and loose things,
catholics don't know what He gave them. they demonstrate here every day that they have no idea what He said or what the apostles taught. they also have no idea how the HS works in the life of a believer.
hopefully you will sometime while still breathing in this life. there are no after this life 2nd chances.

like when He gave them the power to take on evil, to heal.
He gives that to believers, not those who follow false leaders / teachings.

That's a lot of power right there.
so even individual catholics are power hungry. if that's what you desire then He isn't the desire of your heart.

Obviously you do!

Why should Catholics care what you think? What makes YOUR claims any better than Rome's as to what the scriptures teach?

THAT is the question the Protestants on this site seem either unable or unwilling to answer.
ACTS 7:
51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:
53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

therefore I will do this:

MARK 6:11
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

ACTS 7:
51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:
53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
MARK 6:11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
the very verse going thru my mind as I typed my last post a few minutes ago! the dust has gotten very thick.

Rome will suffer the same or worse judgment.

you've asked those ?s over and over again. they must come up on your rotation list every week or so.
I ask this question becasue I get no meaningful or substantive interaction with it. I am hoping that someone will interact with the question and give a meaningful and substantive reply.

I haven't heard a meaningful replay. Why don't you educate us with something having a little more meat than opinion.

JoeT

You are so right. Where did He give approval to ignore scriptures, where did He he say add whatever you like to scriptures, go as far beyond scripture as you like, please take away from my word and ignore anything you don't like.
Must'a been 4th Peter, again! ? ?

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

I ask this question becasue I get no meaningful or substantive interaction with it. I am hoping that someone will interact with the question and give a meaningful and substantive reply.
Oh the problems is you do get meaningful and substantive interaction but it (oh how do you put it) goes over your head. Why would anyone bother, you ignore their answers and you have very good responses which maybe you didn't read.

ACTS 7:

But this is exactly what Catholics think of the Protestants on this site.

So this gets us nowhere does it?

mica said:
you get answered biblically. that's what you don't like.

agreeing with you would not be meaningful or substantive.

Back