Authority and debates

mica said:
you've asked those ?s over and over again. they must come up on your rotation list every week or so.
I haven't heard a meaningful replay.
does your computer read the words on the screen to you?

Why don't you educate us with something having a little more meat than opinion.

JoeT
we do, but catholics can't understand it because they're in bondage to the deceiver.

catholics don't understand the 'milk' of scripture and you're asking for the 'meat'?

see 1 cor 3.

But this is exactly what Catholics think of the Protestants on this site.

So this gets us nowhere does it?
you are right. one of us will be right, the other wrong.

I have gone all in and bet my eternal future on the Word of God (i.e. Royal Flush) On the other hand, you have bet your eternal future on a busted straight also known as the word and tradition of man. You will have to let me know how it turns out for you. If we ever meet. if we do not meet, that will also let me know how it worked out for you.

I have gone all in and bet my eternal future on the Word of God (i.e. Royal Flush)
And I have done the same thing.
On the other hand, you have bet your eternal future on a busted straight also known as the word and tradition of man. You will have to let me know how it turns out for you. If we ever meet. if we do not meet, that will also let me know how it worked out for you.
I will be happy to do so! You do the same!

leonard03782 said:

I have gone all in and bet my eternal future on the Word of God (i.e. Royal Flush)
And I have done the same thing.

I will be happy to do so! You do the same!
yes, you are all in for / with the rcc, a false teacher
of man made beliefs.

leonard is all in / with Christ, Who is Lord and Savoir and His word.

Maybe, maybe not. The main thing you tell us is that one must believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior and have faith that this is true. That is what all members of the Latin (Western) Rite of Christianity believe. So actually, neither of us are wrong.

Maybe, maybe not. The main thing you tell us is that one must believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior and have faith that this is true. That is what all members of the Latin (Western) Rite of Christianity believe. So actually, neither of us are wrong.
This just is not so. There are members of every "church" that say or think that they believe in Jesus that actually do not. These people are called tares. There are people who have put Jesus into a box with only the attributes that they want Him to have, yet deny other attributes. Other people give lip service to Jesus, while putting His mother before Him, like rc's do.

And perhaps you are one of them, perhaps you fit to a "T" your assessment of others? Yes, such a thing is also possible for sure.
Do not blame me for something Jesus Himself said:

MATT 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

If you do not like it, take it up with Him.

Do not blame me for something Jesus Himself said:

MATT 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

If you do not like it, take it up with Him.
Yes, that is correct. And you should have kept on with that same passage which states: 22 "On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness. ’Matt 7:22-23

So who really knows what will happen, right my friend? One could think they are the best Christian, that they truly know God, but in the end it's "I never knew you; depart from me". This is applicable to EVERYONE of us.

And perhaps you are one of them, perhaps you fit to a "T" your assessment of others? Yes, such a thing is also possible for sure.
Amazing how the poster made a general statement and YOU made it personal. Loving your neighbours is something RCs talk about but do not understand.

Yes, that is correct. And you should have kept on with that same passage which states: 22 "On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness. ’Matt 7:22-23

So who really knows what will happen, right my friend? One could think they are the best Christian, that they truly know God, but in the end it's "I never knew you; depart from me". This is applicable to EVERYONE of us.
Not to anyone at all. It is to those who only think they have a relationship but do not change. Those who have a real relationship, know it and know how they have changed.

Back