Billy Bob meets the Calvinist God on Judgment Day

That phrase never appears in the bible
Argument from silence fallacy.

"He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons and daughters through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will" Eph 1:4-5

You believe because you think the phrase doesn't appear in the Bible its tenets do not exist in scripture?
no the concept does not exist in the bible

Predestination concerns the destiny of the elect

Ephesians 1:4-5 (KJV)
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

election referring to God's choice

Argument from silence fallacy.

"He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons and daughters through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will" Eph 1:4-5
Try again

i am not trying to prove something from silence but to show the phrase does not exist in scripture

and if you read the verse predestination concerns the elect

The elect are predestined to adoption

no one is predestined to election

Try again

i am not trying to prove something from silence but to show the phrase does not exist in scripture

and if you read the verse predestination concerns the elect

The elect are predestined to adoption

no one is predestined to election
That isn't said in scripture ... ?

That isn't said in scripture ... ?
Actually

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

actually it is shown the elect are predestined to adoption

so the order is election then predestination

He was chosen to receive the penalty due to him for his sin. He was chosen to justice.

Regarding believers, He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons and daughters through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will ....

No one is due heaven. Isn't that correct, Doug, or does your theology posit everyone is due heaven, God owes sinful man?

That seems to be the position of @Johnnybgood.
Again, Howie, let's stay focused on the point! If you don't exist, you cannot sin! Thus, there is no guilt. Furthermore, it is bad form to pit my opinion against another posters opinions as a divide and conquer technique. Johnny's view of X has nothing to do with my argument to you.

Doug

And we thought the maze of Mormonism was bad ?

So here's another "plain Scripture" you reject:

You also can't be elected to salvation.
Election to salvation is a positive event, and, under Reformed thought, is not based on anything we have done, good or bad. But you are arguing that "He was chosen to receive the penalty due to him for his sin", meaning that Election to perdition is based on the condition of guilt.

Doug

Election to salvation is a positive event, and, under Reformed thought, is not based on anything we have done, good or bad. But you are arguing that "He was chosen to receive the penalty due to him for his sin", meaning that Election to perdition is based on the condition of guilt.

Doug
That wasn't the issue you raised. The issue you raised is, things can't happen to one who doesn't exist.

Last edited:
That wasn't the issue you raised. The issue you raised is things can't happen to one who doesn't exist.
No I said that election to perdition is that "He was chosen to receive the penalty due to him for his sin." Thus, according to your definition, he was chosen because he was guilty, and his guilt cannot be if he doesn't exist yet.

Doug

No I said that election to perdition is that "He was chosen to receive the penalty due to him for his sin." Thus, according to your definition, he was chosen because he was guilty, and his guilt cannot be if he doesn't exist yet.

Doug
You're quibbling.

It's obvious those who go to hell are guilty and have always been so. In fact, that is true of all of us. We have always been guilty of sin since before the world began.

So here's another "plain Scripture" you reject:

God chose that those in Christ would be holy and blameless before him in love

You're quibbling.

It's obvious those who go to hell are guilty and have always been so. In fact, that is true of all of us. We have always been guilty of sin since before the world began.
No, I am demonstrating the failure of logic in your statements, Howie. Nonexistent beings do not have existent guilt to be punished for.

Doug

Back