Calvin and the secret counsel of God. Was Calvin some kind of gnostic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the "the secret council of God"

<Chuckle>
Okay, you and Calvin are free to argue it out.

Although I don't know why you would waste your time, since you are obviously inerrant and infallible, and incapable of ever being wrong.

And not quite a bit of his doctrines. Like infant baptism.

He may have held errant doctrines like infant baptism, but I'm sure he was convinced it had Biblical foundation.

Unlike you, who apparently thinks you have a perfect understanding of the Bible, Calvin never had such a prideful attitude about himself.

Calvin and the secret counsel of God. Was Calvin some kind of gnostic?

Calvin wrote about the secret counsel of God. But how did he know that since it is a secret. Calvin wrote ““All events whatsoever are governed by the secret counsel of God.” It sounds like Calvin was a gnostic of some kind with this secret or hidden wisdom. However, the following scripture shows that God does plainly reveal the truth through His word.

Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing. – John 18:20

But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things. – Mark 13:23 (Christ speaking)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. – 2 Tim 3:16-17
He got it from Augustine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back