Calvin had a catechism. He had a number of heretical beliefs. Here are just some more of these about water baptism.

SavedByTheLord

Calvin had a catechism. He had a number of heretical beliefs. Here are just some more of these about water baptism. Water baptism does exactly nothing. It does not provide for the forgiveness of sins and it does not make anyone a member of the body of Christ. That is works and other mediators. No one should be called Calvinists.

323. What likeness and difference is there between them?
Baptism is for us a kind of entrance into the Church of God, for it testifies that instead of our being strangers to Him, God receives us as members of His family. The Supper testifies that God as a good Father carefully feeds and refreshes the members of His household.

324. That the meaning may be more clear to us, let us treat of them separately. First, what is the meaning of Baptism?
It consists of two parts. The Lord represents to us in it, first, the forgiveness of our sins (Eph. 5:26, 27) and, secondly, our regeneration or spiritual renewal (Rom. 6:4).

325. What resemblance has water with these things in order to represent them?
The forgiveness of sins is a kind of washing, by which our souls are cleansed from their defilements, just as the stains of the body are washed away by water.

Here is a link to part of this catechism from Calvin.

Calvin had more than one catechism and there are other catechisms from the reformed movement. I will try to post as much on these as I deem beneficial.

Calvin had a catechism. He had a number of heretical beliefs. Here are just some more of these about water baptism. Water baptism does exactly nothing. It does not provide for the forgiveness of sins and it does not make anyone a member of the body of Christ. That is works and other mediators. No one should be called Calvinists.

Baptism is for us a kind of entrance into the Church of God, for it testifies that instead of our being strangers to Him, God receives us as members of His family. The Supper testifies that God as a good Father carefully feeds and refreshes the members of His household.

324. That the meaning may be more clear to us, let us treat of them separately. First, what is the meaning of Baptism?
It consists of two parts. The Lord represents to us in it, first, the forgiveness of our sins (Eph. 5:26, 27) and, secondly, our regeneration or spiritual renewal (Rom. 6:4).

The forgiveness of sins is a kind of washing, by which our souls are cleansed from their defilements, just as the stains of the body are washed away by water.

Calvin had more than one catechism and there are other catechisms from the reformed movement. I will try to post as much on these as I deem beneficial.
Someone can't distinguish between the visible church and the invisible church. Post dismissed

Someone is REEEEEEEALLY obsessed with "Calvin".
Post dismissed!

Well you know Theo he always has an excuse to not engage

Well, you know Tom he always has a big ugly chip on his shoulder to goad people into wasting their time arguing with him, just so Tom can harass them and insult them and tell them how "wrong" they are.

As it happens, I have "kampioen" on "ignore", and apparenly rightly so, based on your response to him.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this (I'm guessing you're ignorant), but I am free to choose to not respond to trolls and thereby waste my valuable time.

Calvin lives rent free in your mind.

Well, you know Tom he always has a big ugly chip on his shoulder to goad people into wasting their time arguing with him, just so Tom can harass them and insult them and tell them how "wrong" they are.

As it happens, I have "kampioen" on "ignore", and apparenly rightly so, based on your response to him.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this (I'm guessing you're ignorant), but I am free to choose to not respond to trolls and thereby waste my valuable time.
Sure theo sure

you engage then run away but you have better things to do than engage

Sure theo sure

you engage then run away but you have better things to do than engage

Yes, I typically engage once, to refute your false claims with Biblical truth, but when you want to argue ad nauseam, I rightly bow out, since I'm not interested in wasting my time.

If you want to insultinglly claim that I'm "running away" just because you're so insecure and heart-broken because I refuse to waste my time paying attention to your garbage, that's your problem, and reflects INCREDIBLY poorly on you.

Your false accusations of "running away" are simply part and parcel of that big ugly chip on your shoulder trying to goad me into arguing with you. You're pathetic and very insecure in your beliefs, which is why you can't deal with people not finding them significant enough to argue against.

So kindly stop harassing me.
Because in this case, you DID refer to me when I wasn't even in a discussion with you, for the sole purpose of insulting me. And you WILL have to answer to God for that.

Back