Calvinist Ordo Salutis

We don't believe there is a temporal delay, so your question is nonsensical and misrepresents what we believe. (I believe ReverendRV has already explained this to you.)
Regeneration is God taking someone who is spiritually dead, a giving them new life, and a new heart of flesh to replace their heart of stone.
Would you say that Paul was born again on the Damascus road?

I'm not "denying" anything.
"Convicting" means telling them, "You're guilty!"
That's why the guards aren't called "convicts", the prisoners are.
Do you truly not understand this?
Like I said, you don't understand the Bible.
Christ didn't go around shouting "You're guilty!" to all unbelievers. He exhorted everyone to "Repent and Believe" by appealing to everyone's conscience and hearts. Why should the ministry of the Holy Spirit be any different? Why are you promoting a disconnect between Christ and Holy Spirit?

I'm not "denying" anything.
"Convicting" means telling them, "You're guilty!"
That's why the guards aren't called "convicts", the prisoners are.
Do you truly not understand this?

Guilty of righteousness? Righteousness convicts?

John 16:7 But I tell you the truth, it is expedient for you that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Comforter will not come to you. But if I depart, I will send Him to you.
John 16:8 And when that One comes, He will convict the world concerning sin, and concerning righteousness, and concerning judgment.
John 16:9 Concerning sin, because they do not believe on Me;
John 16:10 concerning righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
John 16:11 concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

Like I said, you don't understand the Bible.

You seem to only know how to say what you want to believe.

Christ didn't go around shouting "You're guilty!" to all unbelievers.

He preached mercy.

He exhorted everyone to "Repent and Believe" by appealing to everyone's conscience and hearts. Why should the ministry of the Holy Spirit be any different? Why are you promoting a disconnect between Christ and Holy Spirit?

There is a very good reason Jesus said this:

repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

No Spirit, no preaching boys.

Most here are led by their creedal idols.

For those who are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God. Romans 8:14

Guilty of righteousness? Righteousness convicts?

John 16:7 But I tell you the truth, it is expedient for you that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Comforter will not come to you. But if I depart, I will send Him to you.
John 16:8 And when that One comes, He will convict the world concerning sin, and concerning righteousness, and concerning judgment.
John 16:9 Concerning sin, because they do not believe on Me;
John 16:10 concerning righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
John 16:11 concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

Where does it say THEY were "righteous"?!

"Repent" is telling someone they're guilty.
I'm not.
So why all the constant false accusations by you?
Again, Christ didn't go around telling everyone "You're guilty". He exhorted everyone to "Repent and Believe" by appealing to everyone's conscience and hearts. Why should the ministry of the Holy Spirit be any different?

Again, Christ didn't go around telling everyone "You're guilty". He exhorted everyone to "Repent and Believe" by appealing to everyone's conscience and hearts. Why should the ministry of the Holy Spirit be any different?

1Kings 8:47 yet if they turn their heart in the land to which they have been carried captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captors, saying, ‘We have sinned and have acted perversely and wickedly,’

Sounds guilty to me.

2Chr. 6:37 yet if they turn their heart in the land to which they have been carried captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity, saying, ‘We have sinned and have acted perversely and wickedly,’

Sounds guilty to me.

Luke 17:3 Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him,

Jesus telling people to "rebuke" sinners?!
Sounds like "You're guilty!" to me.

For one thing it's much more focused on repenting on God's terms.
The other thing is that it lays out the path forward for one to start believing correctly according to God's standards.
Is Jesus calling to repentance the innocent, or the guilty?

Are you serious?

My reply was directed at @Synergy .
He seems to be trying to deny the word "repent" of any meaning.

We repent of our sins, because we are GUILTY of breaking God's law.
Either the poster refuses to admit this, or else he doesn't understand it.

@fltom

Thank you for that list. It's interesting that Justification is before Regeneration. Since Justification can only come from Faith & Good Works then Faith is before Regeneration.
The order is clearly in error

Faith/repententance
Justification
regeneration

justification /remission of sin precedes being made alive (regeneration)

Colossians 2:13 (KJV 1900) — 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

you are not made alive until you are forgiven

and you are not forgiven until repentance and faith

Calvinism errs

Not quite. It would have been more accurate to say:

"It is always your opinion of what suits your personal desires that you go by."

You will do well to realize it has nothing to do with making sense.
His idea of what makes sense

rather than scripture

Back