Choice

I would point out the word works is ambiguous, in that there are actually different kind of works in the Bible.

It is not just "works" that we are not saved by without qualification, but rather a specific kind of works labeled "works of the Law."

There is such a thing as "works of Faith" and these are not the same thing as "works of the Law."

A work of faith is an expression of trust in God to do what we can't, and work of the law is a self-meritorious act that earns something.

So we could in fact say in one sense of the word, we are saved by works:

You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.
And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness...
You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone. - James 2
However, we can prove James does not mean works "of the law" here, because in the same chapter we read:

For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

We can clearly show that no human being is sinlessly perfect.

So in the end, we are saved by non-meritorious actions, and the Calvinists confuse the whole issue by insisting that any action whatsoever must necessarily be meritorious if it produces a result.

blessings & peace in Christ
Faith is counted as righteousness. Works are not counted as righteousness.
That fits with what you are saying, right?

Back to the original question:
Which is true:
a) Christ tasted death for every man
b) Christ did not taste death for every man

Heb 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
You're not answering my question. Do you not know the answer?

What do the verses which I had quoted say? I go by what they say.
I'm asking you how you interpret Cornelius's righteousness. I know what the verses convey about Cornelius, and I know what God has made known to man about what He considers as man's righteousness....and I've given plenty of references to that righteousness.

Did Cornelius do the things he did from his own virtue that pleased God?
OR
Did Cornelius from faith in what he heard from God live to please God?

I couldn’t care less what you are. Calvinism is a heresy regardless, and I am proving it out of the Bible in every post.
The only thing you are proving is your own heretical twisting of truth to make it conform to the deception in your mind.

Back to the original question:
Which is true:
a) Christ tasted death for every man
b) Christ did not taste death for every man

Heb 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
off and on I get exasperated with the games Calvinists play, but i do pray that some of us might get thru to them if it is possible. Fight the good fight, keep patient,

No he did not chose us to be in Christ

Well then where did He choose us to be if not in Christ?

He chose in in Christ to be holy and blameless

Most definitely, but then how can that be if He did not choose us to be in Christ?

It was those who are in Christ are chosen to be holy and blameless
Yes, but God had to choose us to be in Christ otherwise Christ would have never came for God to save us through Him, and in Him to be holy and blameless.

The short is, God did choose us to be in Christ before we were in Christ. It is illogical to think God did not choose us to be in Christ before we were in Him, for "he chose us in him before the foundation of the world".

God Bless

Back