Dear Normal Republicans

Mitch McConnell had a chance to end this and he chose not to. I am willing to bet behind closed doors he regrets it.

He's been around the proverbial block more than I can imagine. Just finishing out his term until 2027 is a laudable goal for him.

- You are probably right.

___

He's been around the proverbial block more than I can imagine. Just finishing out his term until 2027 is a laudable goal for him.

- You are probably right.

___
As you can clearly see, most of the normal Republicans have vacated this site and vacated normal life. We are witnessing the death throes of the GOP. Just look at the dysfunction I know you sadly see it

I was pleased by the large number of Republicans who voted for the Ukraine aid package (101 yea, 112 nay, and 1 present). Not quite half, but I still consider it a victory that this many Republican house members did the right thing and refused to be intimidated by the Trumpian wing of the party.

I was also pleased that Speaker Johnson is finally showing some backbone and is doing what is right, rather than what is politically advantageous.

I was pleased by the large number of Republicans who voted for the Ukraine aid package (101 yea, 112 nay, and 1 present). Not quite half, but I still consider it a victory that this many Republican house members did the right thing and refused to be intimidated by the Trumpian wing of the party.

I was also pleased that Speaker Johnson is finally showing some backbone and is doing what is right, rather than what is politically advantageous.

Maybe we will get to read about his sudden transformation in the near future.

____

Or maybe Republicans just recognized that the bill required them to sign on to some Unconstitutional and harmful things in order to get a border bill that the Biden administration had no intention of enforcing anyway.
Right now it is clear that the Republicans are the open border party.
They had the option of signing a bill that gave them much of what they wanted, but refused when Trump said no. After all, maintaining the status quo at the border gives them an election issue when they otherwise have nothing to recommend them to voters.

That's stupid, even for you.

Biden is the one who overturned Trump's border policies. Biden is the one who is refusing to enforce the law.
They had the option of signing a bill that gave them much of what they wanted, but refused when Trump said no. After all, maintaining the status quo at the border gives them an election issue when they otherwise have nothing to recommend them to voters.
The bill was what is known in politics as a "poison pill". In order to get what they wanted, they would have had to agree to a list of Unconstitutional and harmful things.

And, even if they had been stupid enough to sign it, Biden isn't even enforcing the laws on the books now, so they had no reason to believe Biden would enforce any new border laws.

Kristol is dirty left and popular with the same anti-Reg
Or maybe Republicans just recognized that the bill required them to sign on to some Unconstitutional and harmful things in order to get a border bill that the Biden administration had no intention of enforcing anyway.
I see the left wing troll defer to Kristol who is just another total fake conservative.
As bad as Romney and McCain.

Mr. Normal:

View attachment 5961

___

Quote from: X
You have no interest in truth and instead prefer propaganda of the left. IOWs lies. Biden caused the border crisis and Biden can solve it with a stroke of his pen. These are the facts. Kristol sold his soul long ago. So why are you quoting him to us? Is it ignorance on your part or something else? Who cares.

Last edited:
That's stupid, even for you.

Biden is the one who overturned Trump's border policies. Biden is the one who is refusing to enforce the law.

The bill was what is known in politics as a "poison pill". In order to get what they wanted, they would have had to agree to a list of Unconstitutional and harmful things.

And, even if they had been stupid enough to sign it, Biden isn't even enforcing the laws on the books now, so they had no reason to believe Biden would enforce any new border laws.
Lots of assertions, no specifics.

Here is a picture of people who obviously represent the citizens of Ukraine. They have all agreed to borrow some 60 billion dollars from China to give away to the Ukrainians to secure their border, while ours remains unsecured. Eternal shame on every one of them.

edit image violation-only super members are allowed to post images.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, that would be Joe Biden and the Democrats.

They had the option of signing a bill that gave them much of what they wanted, but refused when Trump said no.
No, the border still remained open to the tune of thousands per month.

After all, maintaining the status quo at the border gives them an election issue when they otherwise have nothing to recommend them to voters.
Joe Biden has all the legal power and authority he needs to stop this invasion of foreigners that he started all by himself. He stopped Trumps' "Remain in Mexico" policy with an Executive order, and he can use an Executive Order to reinstate them. Look, Joe Biden will not enforce the immigration laws already on the books, what makes you think he would enforce any new law on the issue?

I think Johnson said that as Speaker he had extra in-depth briefings on Ukraine and became convinced that aid to them would benefit our long term interests.
Johnson proved that like every Democrat he has no principles. When elected Speaker, he said our own border needed to be secure before there was any more spending for Ukraine. He lied.

Speaker Johnson is now the Democrat Speaker of the House. This is shameful that he has abandoned his voters and his political party. With friends like him, who needs enemies?

Speaker Johnson is now the Democrat Speaker of the House. This is shameful that he has abandoned his voters and his political party. With friends like him, who needs enemies?

Well, maybe don't have a raging bunch of lunatics running the asylum and throwing hissy fits and tossing the last Speaker so that Matt Gaetz Under Age Girls can stay one step ahead of sharing a cell with the Former President Tang.

Johnson proved that like every Democrat he has no principles. When elected Speaker, he said our own border needed to be secure before there was any more spending for Ukraine. He lied.

1) has Donald Trump ever lied?
2) are you still going to vote for him?

If the answer to 2 is yes, don't pretend lying bothers you.

Back