Did God Use Adulterers And A Homosexual Union Supporter To Preserve His Words?

God didnt use Adulterers Kurt Aland, Barbara Nee Ehlers, or Carlo Maria Martini in the creation of the Novum Testamentum Graece, it's that simple
You have the right to believe whatever you wish, but the scriptures say you are wrong. It's that simple.

Some of the KJV translators had murder in their thoughts as evidenced by them trying to make puritanism a capital crime. Next?

You have the right to believe whatever you wish, but the scriptures say you are wrong. It's that simple.

Some of the KJV translators had murder in their thoughts as evidenced by them trying to make puritanism a capital crime. Next?
Sounds like CNN and MSNBC in the thought police brigade, smiles!

As you have been shown several times, I'm not KJVOnly

I read and speak Spanish, the (Reina Valera Antigua 1569/1602) is Gods word in the Spanish language

KJV-only concerns a person's view and claims concerning one English Bible translation--the KJV, and not concerning translations in other languages. Your acceptance of a Spanish Bible does not mean that you cannot be KJV-only concerning English Bible translations. That has been explained to you before. According to your own posts, you believe KJV-only claims concerning the KJV, making you KJV-only.

I dont support or promote Ruckman or Riplinger, it's a fact they are/were adulterers

You may not know when you repeat KJV-only claims that may originate from Peter Ruckman or Gail Riplinger. You could have picked up their erroneous KJV-only reasoning/teaching from second-hand or third-hand sources.

Sounds like CNN and MSNBC in the thought police brigade, smiles!
Except what I posted is established fact. Look up the High Commission Court.

Here is an excerpt:
The Influence of the High Commission Court on the KJV

Most likely, most believers today know very little about the High Commission Court in England in the late 1500's and 1600's. On the other hand, believers during the 1600's knew a great deal about the great power of the High Commission Court. The Church of England used the High Commission Court and the Star Chamber to force everyone in England to conform to this state church.

Walker pointed out that the High Commission Court "could examine and imprison anywhere in England and had become the right arm of episcopal authority" (History of the Christian Church, pp. 406-407). John Brown stated that this Court's "methods of investigation were described as worthy only of the Spanish Inquisition" (English Puritans, p. 76). Neal also observed that this Court's methods "were almost equal to the Spanish Inquisition" with its "long imprisonments of ministers without bail or bringing them to trial" (History of the Puritans, p. xi).

Thomas Smith noted that John Cotton (1585-1652) complained that "the ecclesiastical courts are dens of lions," "cages of uncleanness, and roosting places of birds of prey, the tabernacles of bribery, forges of extortion, and fetters of slavery, a terror of all good men, and a praise to them that do evil" (Select Memoirs, pp. 391-392).

In 1610 during the reign of King James I, Babbage stated that "the House of Commons addressed a Petition to the king for the redress of grievances arising through the Court of High Commission" (Puritanism and Richard Bancroft, pp. 286-287). Alexander McClure noted that Archbishop Richard Bancroft "was the ruling spirit in that infamous tribunal, the High Commission Court, a sort of British Inquisition" (KJV Translators Revived, p. 217).

What possible connections or links are there between this hated High Commission Court and the KJV? Directly under King James I, Archbishop Richard Bancroft, a leading member of this Court, was the overseer for the translation of the KJV. He approved or made the rules for the translation, and he clearly had the power to force his views on others. A KJV translator claimed that Bancroft made at least fourteen changes in the KJV before it was published.

Other members of this High Commission Court were KJV translators Lancelot Andrewes and George Abbott. Abbott became Archbishop after Bancroft died. Other KJV translators that were Bishops were most likely also members of this Court. A disciple or follower of Lancelot Andrewes, William Laud (1573-1645), who was a leader among the younger Anglicans during the reign of James, would become the Archbishop during the reign of Charles I, James's son. Frere described Laud as "the man who was to take up Andrewes' work and carry it out into practice by energetic means" (English Church, p. 371).

Some may question whether the High Commission Court with its "distinguished" members such as some KJV translators and several Archbishops can be fairly compared to the Inquisition. As members of this Court, George Abbott and Lancelot Andrewes urged the burning at the stake of two men for their religious views and King James approved this sentence.

The brutality of some of the punishments issued by this court are shocking. The example of the treatment of one Puritan preacher, Alexander Leighton, in 1628 or 1629 illustrates this brutality. For writing a book that condemned the institution of bishops as "anti-Christian and satanic," the High Commission Court issued a warrant for him. He was taken to Laud's house and then to Newgate prison without any trial. Leighton was put in irons in solitary confinement in an unheated cell for fifteen weeks. Smith stated that the roof of his cell was uncovered so that the rain and snow beat in upon him (Select Memoirs, p. 428). None of his friends nor even his wife were permitted to see him during this time. According to four doctors, Leighton was so sick that he was unable to attend his supposed sentencing (Ibid.).

Durant noted that Leighton also "was tied to a stake and received thirty-six stripes with a heavy cord upon his naked back; he was placed in the pillory for two hours in November's frost and snow; he was branded in the face, had his nose split and his ears cut off, and was condemned to life imprisonment" (Age of Reason Begins, pp. 189-190).

In 1615, Archbishop Abbott, a High Commission Court member, "forbade anyone to issue a Bible without the Apocrypha on pain of one year's imprisonment" (Moorman, Forever Settled, p. 183). This order was likely aimed at the Geneva Bible with its 1599 edition printed without the Apocrypha. Archbishop Laud can be linked to using the power of the High Commission Court to make the KJV the officially approved translation.

Conant noted, "So pertinaciously, indeed, did the people cling to it [the Geneva Bible], and so injurious was its influence to the interests of Episcopacy and of the 'authorized version,' that in the reign of Charles I, Archbishop Laud made the vending, binding, or importation of it [Geneva Bible] a high-commission crime" (English Bible, p. 367). Was it the power of this cruel High Commission Court that finally forced believers to give up their beloved and popular Geneva Bible?

Does this documented information, that some of the KJV translators were members of this court which was known as a "terror of all good men," relate to the claim that these men were "superior translators?" How could truly godly men take part in the cruelty of this court? Why did none of the KJV translators condemn the many abuses of power by this Court? Why did King James or the KJV translators do nothing to stop this Court's persecution of true believers?

My take: Dark visions, dark hearts.

I dont see where Rahab is in the lineage of Jesse, perhaps you can show this because it's not found below asyou claim?

Matthew 1:5-6KJV
5 And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;
6 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;
Look at any version and you will see. The KJV has a spelling difference of not only Boaz but also Rahab and Uriah. Not our problem you don't understand that. Bottom line is that Rahab-- a prostitute/harlot-- is part of the lineage of Jesus. And you know what? It doesn't matter because God is sovereign and His mercy extends to all, even harlots, adulterers, murderers, political zealots, religious zealots (Paul), and dare I say.... even you!

Last edited:
I don’t know much about the KJVO issue - yet. Nor do I know know - yet - which version of the English Bible is the “Inspired written word of God” (or even if there is a single version, since some argue on this forum, only the original tongue was inspired and any translations after the original tongue are not protected). That said, I know this: 2+2 = 1. ? yay or modular math (2+2= 1 mod 3)! Okay… being facetious aside …

According to all versions of the Bible I’m aware of God has used many unbelievers, heathens, pagans, and riff-raff for his ends: from the pharaoh of Egypt to Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon; Darius of the Medes and Persians. How about all those Unbelieving Jews which were entrusted to copy the Old Testament (Romans 3:2)? So while my mind has yet to decide on the KJVO argument, I can say the argument that the OP presents God would not use sinful, pagan, and/or unbelievers to preserve his written word does not pass the Logic Test.

Look at any version and you will see. The KJV has a spelling difference of not only Boaz but also Rahab and Uriah. Not our problem you don't understand that. Bottom line is that Rahab-- a prostitute/harlot-- is part of the lineage of Jesus. And you know what? It doesn't matter because God is sovereign and His mercy extends to all, even harlots, adulterers, murderers, political zealots, religious zealots (Paul), and dare I say.... even you!
You know what they say about those who assume, as stated Rahab wasn't in the lineage of Jesse or David

5 And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;
6 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;

You know what they say about those who assume, as stated Rahab wasn't in the lineage of Jesse or David

A different spelling of the name, Rachab (as transliterated in the King James translation of the Greek Ῥαχάβ) is mentioned in the Gospel of Matthew as one of the ancestors of Jesus (Matthew 1:5). She married Salmon of the Tribe of Judah and was the mother of Boaz. Most other English Bibles transcribe her name as Rahab.

Give evidence that the information above is not correct, not just your speculation .

Why should we believe that you have a clue about what you are talking about?

It's also likely that you have sinned just like the rest of us.
I'm not living married to a woman who's not my wife "Adultery"

If a person is repentant of the sin of Adultery they "Divorce" the person, repent, and remain unmarried and single while their spouse lives, or be reconciled

If a person is repentant of the sin of Adultery they "Divorce" the person, repent, and remain unmarried and single while their spouse lives, or be reconciled
Reconciliation with a previous spouse isn't allowed under the Mosaic law. Paul might also have addressed this issue as well. I can't recall.

I'm not living married to a woman who's not my wife "Adultery"

I see. You get to judge their sin and their repentance. It looks like you think your own condemnation is all that matters. The truth of the matter is that your condemnation has nothing to do with God's condemnation because God knows the heart of his children. No one can snatch them out of the Father's hand.

Back