Eucharistic Adoration

I have provided numerous verses that clearly show that we are not saved by faith alone.

Without an official interpreter of scripture none of these issues will be settled.
And we have shown on this board numerous verses that we are saved by grace through faith and not by any works on our part, that put your verses into proper perspective. Remember?

Without an official interpreter of scripture none of these issues will be settled.

Do you have an "official interpreter" of Harry Potter?
Why not?

Do you have an "official interpreter" of the newspaper?
Why not?

Do you have an "official interpreter" of CARM posts?
Why not?

E.g. is the bread and wine the body and blood of Christ or not?

I'm sorry that you are unable to address this in any greater than 1st grade level.

Why do you keep DODGING the issue of why you errantly think you need an "official interpreter" of Scripture, when you don't seem to think you need an "official interpreter" of any other text?

Simply running away from the issue doesn't make it go away.

I'm sorry that you are unable to address this in any greater than 1st grade level.

Why do you keep DODGING the issue of why you errantly think you need an "official interpreter" of Scripture, when you don't seem to think you need an "official interpreter" of any other text?

Simply running away from the issue doesn't make it go away.
That's a necessity for all authoritative texts dealing with what are universals. Medical texts, physics, science, maths, philosophy, history, law, anthropology etc etc. Without the broader context that teachers contribute we'd just see everything through our own limited lens. Everybody holding fast to his own opinion as if it were a universal truth.

That's a necessity for all authoritative texts dealing with what are universals. Medical texts, physics, science, maths, philosophy, history, law, anthropology etc etc. Without the broader context that teachers contribute we'd just see everything through our own limited lens. Everybody holding fast to his own opinion as if it were a universal truth.
There is a huge difference between these subjects and rc'ism. Doctors, physicists, scientists, mathematicians, historians, lawyers, and anthropologists all provide proof of what they are teaching. rc'ism fails miserably at providing any sort of concrete proof of anything that it says it believes other that it says so.

There is a huge difference between these subjects and rc'ism. Doctors, physicists, scientists, mathematicians, historians, lawyers, and anthropologists all provide proof of what they are teaching. rc'ism fails miserably at providing any sort of concrete proof of anything that it says it believes other that it says so.
which is why they insert all of those distractions... to deflect from the rcc.

And what kind of proof can you offer other than your own interpretation of something that in the main can only be believed on the basis of faith?

And what kind of proof can you offer other than your own interpretation of something that in the main can only be believed on the basis of faith?
Either answer the question or go away. This forum is about what rc's believe, teach, and/or taught.

Thanks for admitting that you have no proof.

Either answer the question or go away. This forum is about what rc's believe, teach, and/or taught.
You folks just don't like it when you are challenged in the context of a discussion, so you have to take a cop out by saying that this is the Catholic forum. You refuse to defend your contentions about us, demanding we answer while you remain silent, but your beliefs are indeed relevant and need to explored as you make charge after charge against us.
Thanks for admitting that you have no proof.
Proof is offered by the teachings of the whole of the Church, it's interpretation of the Holy Scriptures and the authority given to it by Jesus Christ Himself. READ YOUR BIBLE and this time try to get it right! It's all accepted on the basis of faith as I said earlier.

That's a necessity for all authoritative texts dealing with what are universals.

That's simply not true.
You have an annoying habit of asserting irrational ideas without any evidence whatsoever.

Medical texts, physics, science, maths, philosophy, history, law, anthropology etc etc. Without the broader context that teachers contribute we'd just see everything through our own limited lens.

Again, this is simply false.
Do you simply make stuff up as you go along?
As a teacher myself, who has taught math, physics, biology, chemistry, biochemistry, geology, and astronomy, I can tell you that textbooks do NOT say different things to different people, and that you do NOT need a "teacher" to understand what a textbook says.

The ONLY reason you are making this irrational argument is that you reject sola Scriptura, you need Petrine primacy to be true, so you are FORCED to make this irrational argument.

That's simply not true.
You have an annoying habit of asserting irrational ideas without any evidence whatsoever.

Again, this is simply false.
Do you simply make stuff up as you go along?
As a teacher myself, who has taught math, physics, biology, chemistry, biochemistry, geology, and astronomy, I can tell you that textbooks do NOT say different things to different people, and that you do NOT need a "teacher" to understand what a textbook says.

The ONLY reason you are making this irrational argument is that you reject sola Scriptura, you need Petrine primacy to be true, so you are FORCED to make this irrational argument.
What is the point of formal education if everyone can learn everything just by reading the books?

faith in who? what? catholics have faith in the rcc men, the ccc and pope. Christians have faith in God, His word and Christ as Lord and Savior.

Back