Faith Alone

lol...
heb 10
26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Where does that say anything about "losing salvation"?
"receiving knowledge" isn't "becoming saved".

2 Peter 2:20
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

Again, "knowledge" is not salvation.

So where do you see "losing salvation" there?

lol...
heb 10
26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
Both taken out of context with a misunderdtanding of the bible and the message the author of Hebrew was getting across.

Rubbish...if you sin you confess and turn from it...If as you say Jesus took away my future sins then sins do not apply to me since they have been taken away before I did them therefor no longer a sin. In which case no one could accuse me of sin since it was taken away before I did it... That way I cannot grieve the HS because there is no sin to accuse me of since they were all taken away...
So you have changed the wages of sin is death to the wages of sin is eternal life.
Well, I don't know about you...but all of my sins...past, present and future sins were nailed to the cross 2,000 years ago.

Both taken out of context with a misunderdtanding of the bible and the message the author of Hebrew was getting across.
Ha...how is
heb 10
being taken out of context?

In Heb if you sin wilfully there is a certain looking for judgment and fiery indignation...sounds pretty much like hell to me.
In 2 Peter if you escape the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the truth and become entangled again your end is worse than your beginning... Clearly, they both imply if you return to the old ways you have no hope.

So where does the scripture say that...? Here is what is says...
Romans 3:25
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past,

Wow... What a bizarre belief.

So you are claiming that Christ ONLY atoned for your sins which you committed PRIOR to your accepting Christ as your Saviour? So how are your future sins atoned for? Do you have to repent and confess each one of them? What if you forget one?

Rom. 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Is there condemnation for our past sins? Nope.
Is there condemnation for our present sins? Nope.
Is there condemnation for our future sins? Nope.

NO condemnation.
NONE.
WHATSOEVER.

Sounds like YOU are the one in the "bad position".

Ha...how is
heb 10
being taken out of context?

In Heb if you sin wilfully there is a certain looking for judgment and fiery indignation...sounds pretty much like hell to me.
In 2 Peter if you escape the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the truth and become entangled again your end is worse than your beginning... Clearly, they both imply if you return to the old ways you have no hope.
Show me how it is in context. Sheeze, all you have done so far is copy and paste a verse that can be taken multiple of ways....never present the content then claiming you're right.

It doesn't work that way pal.

So where does the scripture say that...? Here is what is says...
Romans 3:25
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; No mention of future sins here...
So what happens if we sin...
1Jn1
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

That puts you in a bad position Crow
Do I have to really waste my time with you and find the verse that says ALL sins are forgiven? Or, do you think you can search it out for yourself without my helping you?

Show me how it is in context. Sheeze, all you have done so far is copy and paste a verse that can be taken multiple of ways....never present the content then claiming you're right.

It doesn't work that way pal.
so the context is the author would be a saved minister of God. Yet he includes himself using We and Us. "26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins." He says there is no more sacrifice for sins referring to the future, you are saying there is a sacrifice for future sins. There are no multiple ways to take the scripture. The content is clearly written...The author also shows what happens to those who sin wilfully after coming to the knowledge of the truth. "a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries."

Do I have to really waste my time with you and find the verse that says ALL sins are forgiven?
There is no verse that says "All sins are forgiven" meaning future sins. That does not even make sense...that would be like God rewarding sinners for sinning.
Or, do you think you can search it out for yourself without my helping you?
It is not in the scripture, sir...only past sins are forgiven. It cannot be your way sir else people would premeditate sin because they know it is already forgiven.

It is not in the scripture, sir...only past sins are forgiven. It cannot be your way sir else people would premeditate sin because they know it is already forgiven.

It's clear that despite your nick, you have never been regenerated.
For if you had, you would know that redeemed sinners have NO DESIRE to "premeditate sin":

Rom. 6:1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?

You also demonstrate your ignorance of the Bible.

It's clear that despite your nick, you have never been regenerated.
For if you had, you would know that redeemed sinners have NO DESIRE to "premeditate sin":
So why is Paul telling those who have been redeemed to stop sinning and abstain from evil? It must be that they were doing it .
1 Corinthians 5:1
It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
Ephesians 5:3
But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
1 Thessalonians 5:15
See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
1 Thessalonians 5:22
Abstain from all appearance of evil.
Rom. 6:1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?

You also demonstrate your ignorance of the Bible.
you are posting a verse out of context sir...Rom 6 is a continuation of the teaching from Rom 5...it does not say your future sins are forgiven...what it does say is...
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Paul is telling that to redeemed saints... look at the heading of the epistle...wad who he wrote to...
1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,
2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)
3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:
6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:
7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

There is no verse that says "All sins are forgiven" meaning future sins. That does not even make sense...that would be like God rewarding sinners for sinning.

What????

Are you seriously saying you have never sinned willfully? Never?
strawman argument..I never made that claim...Hre Paul i wrote to those who sinned>>>
2 Corinthians 13:2
I told you before, and foretell you, as if I were present, the second time; and being absent now I write to them which heretofore have sinned, and to all other, that, if I come again, I will not spare:
And how about John..
1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
If your future sins are already forgiven why would you need an advocate? Or why would John say sin not?

Yep that means if we don't confess we are no longer abiding in Christ because in him is no sin...
1 John 3:5
And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
Hebrews 10:31
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
SO - what do YOU do when you SIN??

Of course you can't make the claim you don't sin...
And I didn't make the claim ...so why did you ask the question...Are you seriously saying you have never sinned willfully? Never?
Which once again shows your interpretion is in error.
This has nothing to do with my interpretation of anything...You are claiming that I was saying I have never sinned...How did you arrive at that ?

Back