Fiath Comes by Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think about it. I believe all things are determined by God. So why would you ask me that question? The answer is obvious for anyone with a ounce of brain function.

Ok. I know the answer. But why is it so difficult to go ahead and say Yes? Why not be proud of it?

Of course

You needed to ask that?

By the same token however even an atheist can understand, repent and believe.
So there is more to it than simply understanding.

So my point stands. There is intellectual ascent to certain facts and there is a Spiritual understanding which involves faith. A understanding given by the Spirit. 1 Corinthians 2

So my point stands. There is intellectual ascent to certain facts and there is a Spiritual understanding which involves faith. A understanding given by the Spirit. 1 Corinthians 2

However, he can seek salvation without understanding the spiritual side yet.

Acts 16:30-31 (KJV)
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Again you need to ask that?

In case you forgot it was denied the unregenerate can understand the gospel

that claim has been disproven

One can understand what one reads or one hears

but one without a relationship with the Spirit cannot receive from that relationship or the Spirit

It is irrelevant how one comes to know and understand the gospel

Only that they know it and believe it

thus

Romans 10:17 (KJV 1900) — 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 1:7 (KJV 1900) — 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

Ephesians 3:4 (KJV 1900) — 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

you mistake an inability to know and understand in one manner with the ability to know and understand in other manners

Again you need to ask that?

In case you forgot it was denied the unregenerate can understand the gospel

that claim has been disproven

One can understand what one reads or one hears

but one without a relationship with the Spirit cannot receive from that relationship or the Spirit

It is irrelevant how one comes to know and understand the gospel

Only that they know it and believe it

thus

Romans 10:17 (KJV 1900) — 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

John 1:7 (KJV 1900) — 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

Ephesians 3:4 (KJV 1900) — 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

you mistake an inability to know and understand in one manner with the ability to know and understand in other manners
What was denied is they can understand it Spiritually. Intellectual yes. Spiritually no. Unless given the Spirit to do so. See 1 Corinthians 2.

What was denied is they can understand it Spiritually. Intellectual yes. Spiritually no. Unless given the Spirit to do so. See 1 Corinthians 2.
So what

Whether you hear it from reading scripture , Listening to a semon or have it revealed directly by the spirit is irrelevant

The important is to know and believe

and you have already confessed the unregenerate can know

So what

Whether you hear it from reading scripture , Listening to a semon or have it revealed directly by the spirit is irrelevant

No one said it was not important.

So what? You brought up how, not I.

It is God who gives belief. Gives repentance and blesses you with the gift of faith. All the "work of God".

SOLA DEO GLORIA!

So what

It is relevant. Why you ask? Because understanding of the things of God is given by the Spirit. See 1 Corinthians 2.

For the 100th time edit per mod. They can know intellectually but Spiritual understanding comes by the Spirit.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are totally laughable
Glad we can entertain you as much as you entertain us.
If you knew anything about hermeneutics you would know allowing scripture to interpret scripture is one of the most powerful ways to interpret it.
Yet you have yet to to this.
You guys however seem to think that is pitting scripture against scripture.
This is all you do.

previously

Sorry but if you think that you do not know what pitting scripture against scripture is
4him I do know what it is, as we watch you do it on the daily.
Harmonizing scripture is a key part of sound hermenuetics
4him Too bad you don't know how to do that.

Sorry you not only provide no proof for your claim but your imagining using scripture to interpret scripture is somehow pitting scripture against scripture shows you do not know the meaning of the phrase

Glad we can entertain you as much as you entertain us.

Yet you have yet to to this.

This is all you do.
this refutes your claim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back